• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FNG From Virginia

antenna_farmer

Private
Minuteman
May 7, 2020
Howdy! Figured I'd introduce myself. I'm new-ish to long range shooting. Born and raised in Virginia. Grew up shooting competitively in a fairly serious 4-H team. Kept shooting as a hobby as an adult. Mechanic by trade. Spent some time in the Navy on a big gray floaty thing playing with some pretty cool radio equipment (and doing some shooting). Been out for 9 years. Currently living near the Great Dismal Swamp.

My long range setup consists of: Rem 700 long action with Huber trigger in an XLR Element chassis, Black Hole polygonal 8.5" twist 22" "Rem-age" bull barrel chambered in .30-06 (call me old fashioned) and long-throated to accommodate high BC 220+ grain bullets while maintaining max usable case volume, recoil is tamed by a APA "Fat Bastard" brake, Badger Ordnance 20 MOA base, American Defense one piece mount, and Bushnell ERS 3.5-21x50 scope. When the ammo is right (and I do my part), it is a 1/4 MOA shooter.

Looking forward to learning from the members here, and hope to contribute what little knowledge and experience I have where I can. My goal is to eventually take the .30-06 to a mile.

Rodger that. Had my ticket for awhile, General Class. Getting a small station going again soon, long story (life). Got the radio and everything on the table just need to upgrade some old antenna stuff and cables...soon 😉. 73 🤙 We’ll have to get together later on this stuff 😎.

Reactions: antenna_farmer
Welcome from CO. Your setup is close to what I want mine to be. Do you have barrels in other calibers?

Reactions: antenna_farmer
Welcome from CO. Your setup is close to what I want mine to be. Do you have barrels in other calibers?
No other barrels. Thought about it, but part of the reason I picked the .30-06 is that it will do pretty much everything I could possibly want a long range rifle to do. With handloads and modern high bc bullets, it will do nearly everything a .300 win mag was doing 30 years ago, and do it with less powder, cheaper brass, lower recoil, and longer barrel life. That's my theory anyway. :)