• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FNG in Alexandria, VA

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Stopping in to say hello and introduce myself. I'm a long time lurker, but thought I would join up and learn a few things. This is a great forum, and I'm happy to contribute to the conversation. Thanks for having me.

Thanks! I'm in Old Town. Almost ended up in Del Ray; nice area.

Where do you shoot when you want 100+?

Last edited:
Welcome! I was stationed at Bolling AFB and the wife and I used to love going to Mai Thai in Old Town! We were just craving it the other day...

Welcome to the Hide! I grew up in Alexandria, there are a few good Northern Va guys on here.

I used to live out there before I moved out to Falls Church. Welcome!

Thanks everyone! I'm relatively new to the area and have been looking for a range where I can shoot past 200. Anyone in the area have a lead on a good place? There’s always Quantico, but the hours make it less than ideal.

I'm about a mile south of you in Belle View.

You are going to have to drive to find a decent range. Peacemaker in WV, Bridgeville R&P in Deleware or Hap Baker in MD (200yds only).

I'm about a mile south of you in Belle View.

You are going to have to drive to find a decent range. Peacemaker in WV, Bridgeville R&P in Deleware or Hap Baker in MD (200yds only).

Well, damn. Quantico is starting to sound like the best option. I guess I will have to work around their hours. Thanks for the info!

Yea I am a member there as well. Range availability sucks and the Club membership is old fudds and good ol boys. You wouldn't believe the bullshit that went on the last annual meeting. Incompetence throughout the board.

Yes, you have Quantico, Fairfax Rod and Gun (300 yards I think), Mayberry range in MD (0-600 yards), Ft Meade (600) all within an hr drive of NOVA. Farther we have Peacemaker which is awesome! Their frontier range goes out to 1300 yards. They have a monthly fun match and will be hosting the PRS match Nightforce challenge August 22-23. Lewistown, PA has some good matches and I drive up there for a day when I need to collect data on a square range to 1056 yards.

It all depends on your goals and how much time your willing to devote. FWIW I have never even shot at Quantico. It's easier to drive a bit further to have more flexibility. To the south we have the Bang Steel range in SW VA that hosts some good matches and lodging is cheap if you wanted to go down for a class or something.

For me, I had a hard time getting range time so I jumped into shooting comps to get out and shoot at distance, worked out pretty well but now I am hooked on competing.

Greetings!

NoVa native here, living in the Home of the first First Lady now.

Spent my time running up and down route 1 between Hillbilly Heaven and Crystal City. (when Mt. Vernon Drive-In was still in business...)

;-)

Yes, you have Quantico, Fairfax Rod and Gun (300 yards I think), Mayberry range in MD (0-600 yards), Ft Meade (600) all within an hr drive of NOVA. Farther we have Peacemaker which is awesome! Their frontier range goes out to 1300 yards. They have a monthly fun match and will be hosting the PRS match Nightforce challenge August 22-23. Lewistown, PA has some good matches and I drive up there for a day when I need to collect data on a square range to 1056 yards.

It all depends on your goals and how much time your willing to devote. FWIW I have never even shot at Quantico. It's easier to drive a bit further to have more flexibility. To the south we have the Bang Steel range in SW VA that hosts some good matches and lodging is cheap if you wanted to go down for a class or something.

For me, I had a hard time getting range time so I jumped into shooting comps to get out and shoot at distance, worked out pretty well but now I am hooked on competing.

Excellent information, thanks! I'm going to have to do some research on ranges in the area and see what makes the most sense. As for comps, I'm not proficient enough to compete... unless there is a beginners division.

Greetings!

NoVa native here, living in the Home of the first First Lady now.

Spent my time running up and down route 1 between Hillbilly Heaven and Crystal City. (when Mt. Vernon Drive-In was still in business...)

;-)

I know the route quiet will myself. I drive into DC for work and back everyday... I hate riding the metro, so I deal with the traffic.