• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FNH PBR 300 WSM

Paton

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
I HAVE A FN PBR 300 WSM IM WANTING TO REBARREL TO A 6.5 PRC HAS ANYONE DONE THIS WITH THE FN ACTION AND/OR WILL I HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THE FEEDING AND RELIABILITY

Sorry my voice carries lol I plan on using A floor plate i can use any extended box as far as coal I'm not sure im open to suggestions

If you go with the floor plate and no magazine you can modify the bolt stop and remove the spacer on the mag well metal and get 3.0"s but you are limited to top feeding and 4? rounds. I would consult a gun smith about any modifications as the feed ramp will need some work also. I'm sitting on the fence regarding a 7SAW build for a PBR receiver, I can't decide if I should go AICS magazine or stick with the top loader system. AICS or ARC magazines will only get me 2.970" coal at most. What will be the primary use of this rifle?

My primary use will be hunting and occasionally target the top load and 4 rounds aren't killers for me the main thing is that the action will work with no or minimal machining

Well the pbr is a non blueprinted action and most reputable Smith's aren't going to rebarrel it without working over the action first. So make sure you know what you want before making a purchase.

Integral lug so no problem if you bed the action, at the least, you should lap the bolt lugs if you plan on a DIY with no receiver modifications. If you plan on a smith contact LRI or Moon at Crescent customs or Clayton at WTO, no particular order. The feed ramp will most likely need to be worked over, CDI will do this no charge if you purchase their bottom metal ( magazine feed not floor plate ) but you will be limited to 2.960 or so for coal