• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    Anyone running one? If so what do you think? I have been wanting one for awhile, and I found one today. Had to have it. Deposit was put down, and dumping a Glock 17Gen4 to pay it off.

Have enjoyed mine a lot. Very different animal than the glock you're dumping to finish off the procurement. They are built really well and for a large pistol, feel better in my hand then my G21SF.

Mines the older FNP version, it always makes it into the range bag...Big, very big, but very comfortable to shoot, and eats everything I've thrown at it.
    I haven't noticed a POI change with the osprey.

I have the FNX 45 tac. It's a big gun but shoots like a dream. I have large hands so it fits me well. Factory tall night sights are calibrated a bit low for my liking, but not too bad. It has been reliable for me, although I have only about 150 rounds through it. An octane 45 is on order.

Great gun, I have the FNX 45 Tacticool that I love throwing my Osprey on. The gun is a blast to shoot suppressed. Only downside is that if running an RMR like I currently am, shooting suppressed really throws back a bunch of shit onto the lens compared to other guns. Great gun though.

I have the FNH FNP-45 Tactical. I absolutely love it. I agree with a prior poster that with big hands, it feels very ergonomic to mine also. Enjoy that firearm. The numbers about it are cool, but it just shoots so well.

I'm thinking a thigh-rig for this....any recommendations for an FNX 45 Tactical RMR rig???

Thanks!

I will add that when picking a Thigh-Holster, don't wear it low on the leg. If the holster comes with two straps, you can usually cut one off and wear it higher. Top (vertical) strap sometimes. And the top (horizontal) strap if it has it.

Note: MOST Professionals actually wear their thigh rigs incorrectly.

The original purpose of a thigh-rig is to wear a pistol that won't clear body-armor when mounted on belt.

So it should actually still right quite high.

If you wear it low, and even moderately run or job, the rig will bounce so bad it will probably turn. Meaning you have a pistol on top of your thigh or under your butt.

I have attached one correct and one incorrect setup.

The image of the single shooter is correct. The image with two people is incorrect. The pic only showing a pistol and no faces is correct. He has two horizontal straps in one. Quite a few people will remove the higher. But whatever works. You will notice how his pistol is still in a reachable position and JUST CLEARS his body armor.

Again…most people wear them incorrectly. Tab-Checking be damned.

TTR

Attachments

• img_301517_drawing-from-the-g-code-mule-iss-carry-platform-drop-leg-holster-2.jpg
      img_301517_drawing-from-the-g-code-mule-iss-carry-platform-drop-leg-holster-2.jpg
      69.6 KB · Views: 20
    • hqdefault.jpg
      hqdefault.jpg
      18.9 KB · Views: 17
    • tumblr_lpj9fxiE9f1qlcc4to1_500-2.jpg
      tumblr_lpj9fxiE9f1qlcc4to1_500-2.jpg
      39.1 KB · Views: 33
    Last edited:
    I'm thinking a thigh-rig for this....any recommendations for an FNX 45 Tactical RMR rig???

Thanks!

I ordered the Safariland 6005 SLS Tactical Holster w/ Quick Release Leg Harness - STX FDE Brown, Right Hand 6005-261-551. I had to cut out the space to make room for the RMR sight. The only problem is that I ended up not liking the RMR sight and took it off. Still have the cut out on the holster.

I have been eyeing this holster: DSG Alpha Holster for FNP Tactical 45ACP for RH - Dark Earth but funds still pending. This website also makes then fit the pistol with a light mounted on the front rail, which is interesting.

As for fit, to each their own. I have not done this yet but you can cross the straps so the unit does not slide down. Removing a strap seems silly given the designers who built the holster. If they had wanted one strap, then they would have only given you one strap, right? Meanwhile, with body armor a single strap would interrupt my belt and plates.

Mines the older FNP version, it always makes it into the range bag...Big, very big, but very comfortable to shoot, and eats everything I've thrown at it.
    I haven't noticed a POI change with the osprey.

My FNP-45 BLEW UP w/ Pics
    I seen it first hand...... its not pretty... almost took my HH6 from me
    (this isn't my pistol.. I had the fnp 45 tactical) if I were you I were you I would google why they stopped production on the fnP and started fnX