• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

folding stock for Rem 700

Re: folding stock for Rem 700

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the AICS 2.0 is probably the most popular for the precision rifle crowd.

I don't know of any others that give acceptable cheek weld. </div></div>
Tacmod

PDC Custom
Never tried one yet but I would like to try a version of the fixed on my Savage, similar to McRee's stocks.
http://pdccustom.com/

JMC

Ok For the price of these stocks I could buy a new case for my rifle haveing a folding stock Just doesnt seem worth it.

It depends on what you do with it.

As another thread brought up, fitting a full length tactical rifle enclosed in a hard case in the trunk of a rental car can be a challenge. This is especially interesting when companies ignore my request for a fullsize car and offer me a compact. It usually ends up getting me an SUV or truck at no additional cost.
wink.gif

There is a rumor that McMillan may introduce a bolt gun folder at the SHOT SHOW based on their MFS-14 stock that will use any M4 or AR-15/M16 type buttstock. Remember, just a rumor.

I would really like to see the folder that Terry is working on for the Sentinel.

I would like to give the TacMod a try on a competition rifle, but i just don't have that kind of coin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a rumor that McMillan may introduce a bolt gun folder at the SHOT SHOW based on their MFS-14 stock that will use any M4 or AR-15/M16 type buttstock. Remember, just a rumor. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">I got this from McMillan:</span> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our sister rifle company, McMillan Firearms Mfg., is working on a folding version for their rifles, but we will just supply the stock.

They will design and install a folding mechanism, and it will only be available on their factory rifles. This is still in the R&D process at this time.
</div></div>

Regards / Johan

I have a mcrees and couldn't be happier. My reason for getting a folder was so I could fit it in a smaller case for travel.

This is a r&d stock that we will have at the shot show this year for the guys that want to stop by and take a look. This one is loaded up so it weighs in about 5.3lbs, it has our mini chassis, badger ERF mount and rail, KMW cheek hardware, our adjustable butt system and a steel hinge that is molded into the stock. Thanks
folder1.jpg
folder2.jpg
folder3.jpg

Tom that is bad ass...wish i were going to SHOT so i could fondle that thing

THAT... is bad ass! Tom if you make those and they are solid like your other stuff, I WILL have one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How strong is it? </div></div>

THAT is the question.

im not a fan of the folding stocks but i really do like that and if the price is right i will have one

please tell us that Manner's folder will be available soon

seeing how that folder is still in RD stages i would say its at least 5-6 months off

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How strong is it? </div></div> Very tuff and strong, The stock is acutally built around the hinge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: d13s3l</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please tell us that Manner's folder will be available soon
</div></div> This is one of three prototypes that will be at the Shot Show. We are not sure if they will go into production. Should know more in a few months or so. Thank you very much,

McMillan Firearms Manufacturing's folding stock is an active program. The MFM folder was at SHOT '09 in the MFM booth not the fiberglass stock booth. In addition it has been fielded in Europe for the past year and some members of the little Army are currently feeling it out. The hinge mechanism’s main body is molded directly into the glass. The tail girder incorporates an integral CP riser design that is inlet into the established stock's butt design. It utilizes a single clamping bolt (as do all MFM adj cp stocks now) unlike McMillan Fiberglass’s std cp risers. It is currently in a A5 config but the system will be available in a limited number of other stock variants.
Thanks Marc

I only have a couple pics of the McMillan folder handy Marc. I know your scrambling for shot so I'll post what I have.

img_2601.jpg

img_2605.jpg

Any word if the Manners folder is gonna make it to production?

Tag.

Could the hing be retrofitted to an existing stock?

Does robar still offer this service for Mcmillan stocks?

No love for the MCS T1 for the trainer??? Liking that folder proto!!! Will be all over it if/when it hits production! Will also be all over whichever one gets chosen for the CZ 452, but would really like it in the T1 design..... Nice work Tom & Company!! Best wishes for continued success in 2011!!! And, this is how you do it, make your own luck with imagination, innovation, blood, sweat, and tears!

Whats the minium pull on this with the spacer system ? , for us shorties ?

Also are the new molded in camo designs going to be available for this , and what actions , bottom metals other than the mini chassis?

Cheers Chris

My buddy has an AICS 2.0 that is pretty sweet. Completely customizable for the end user....But that Manners is a sick looking stock. Hope to see that in production someday...

reviving an old thread in hopes the Manners folder is good to go now? am currently saving for a t2a but will wait for the folder in a t2 if its offered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a r&d stock that we will have at the shot show this year for the guys that want to stop by and take a look. This one is loaded up so it weighs in about 5.3lbs, it has our mini chassis, badger ERF mount and rail, KMW cheek hardware, our adjustable butt system and a steel hinge that is molded into the stock. Thanks
folder1.jpg
folder2.jpg
folder3.jpg
</div></div>

Is this T4-A prototype going to ever make it to market? I know the R&D process can be quite lengthy but I am interested in the design and would like to know its status before I put in an order for a regular T4-A. Tom and/or crew maybe you could chime in?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Special Delivery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this T4-A prototype going to ever make it to market? I know the R&D process can be quite lengthy but I am interested in the design and would like to know its status before I put in an order for a regular T4-A. Tom and/or crew maybe you could chime in? </div></div> This stock is not dead, it has become part of a new project that we call the max-chassis. The prototype is in the works now. We are in the process of getting ready to move to our new shop in a few weeks and are pretty tied up, once we settle down I will give out more info. Thank you very much,

Anybody know where to get the hinge for a folding stock? Obviously, this is a specialty item that won't be found at Lowe's or Home Depot. But on a wooden stock inserting a hinge seems to be a very do-able upgrade.

Tom that is great news, I have the perfect barreled action for it. Let us know some intel on it when you get a chance or possibly when it might be arriving, I'm definetly interested in getting one!

Also if you got the $$ and patience, the AI AICS AX models should be coming out and I believe they have the folding option as well.