• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Folding stock for Savage

joshua79109

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2011
Amarillo, Texas
Looking for suggestions for a folding stock for a short barreled Savage.

We are wanting to put it together with a 14" bbl and are looking for a folding stock that will fit a short barrel.

Thought there may be someone here who's been down that road that had some suggestions. The stock could either be short enough or have enough room to remove some material to allow the silencer to fit.

Thanks

I believe that McRees makes a chassis that will work.

Unless its a sbr that 14" will need a FH pinned or a 16" barrel . My apologies if this is different in tx or u already know this. The Mcree is very solid folder, ready for AI mags. They can be ordered with different forend lengths and ar buttstock options. Some standard stocks, with long forends, look dumb on short barrels. The Mcree can be ordered natural, no finish for even less. Thinking around 550. It is probably the cheapest high quality stock that is bolt in. I saw a choate folder stock at a gunshow once, looked like the ultimate sniper stock with a junky folder stock on it. It rattled and had a shit ton of movement in the folding joint, it appeared new, complete junk.

I have a savage as well. I'm gonna go mcree because it doesn't require high rings to clear the hand guard, can take any size barrel and accommodates any savage action. As well,,its not that badly priced in comparison to a lot of others.