• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For all you SHTF/ end of world/apocalypse types.

2ndamendfan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2010
UT
You need to watch GALLIPOLI on Netflix
Some of you might think it is a comedy. Give you some ideas of what to expect.
I knew some stuff, but learned also.

PS. Seriously it is a good documentary on WW I

Reactions: Barneybdb
Seriously though, why do you have to lump SHTF and end of the worlders together, the SHTF people will be the enders of the end of the world jackasses, the SHingTF is just the trigger/justification. The apocalypse is what the end of the worlders will think is happening when SHTF people lose their imagined moral restraint.

So which camp are you in?????

Reactions: W54/XM-388
The Anzac Day Tradition
What is Anzac Day?

Anzac Day, 25 April, is one of Australia’s most important national occasions. It marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War.
What does ANZAC stand for?
ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. The soldiers in those forces quickly became known as Anzacs, and the pride they took in that name endures to this day.
Why is this day special to Australians?
When war broke out in 1914 Australia had been a federated nation for only 13 years, and its government was eager to establish a reputation among the nations of the world. When Britain declared war in August 1914 Australia was automatically placed on the side of the Commonwealth. In 1915 Australian and New Zealand soldiers formed part of the expedition that set out to capture the Gallipoli peninsula in order to open the Dardanelles to the allied navies. The ultimate objective was to capture Constantinople (now Istanbul), the capital of the Ottoman Empire, an ally of Germany.
4219271.JPG

A view looking aft of lifeboat carrying unidentified men of the Australian 1st Divisional Signal Company as they are towed towards Anzac Cove on the day of the landing.
The Australian and New Zealand forces landed on Gallipoli on 25 April, meeting fierce resistance from the Ottoman Turkish defenders. What had been planned as a bold stroke to knock Turkey out of the war quickly became a stalemate, and the campaign dragged on for eight months. At the end of 1915 the allied forces were evacuated from the peninsula, with both sides having suffered heavy casualties and endured great hardships. More than 8,000 Australian soldiers had died in the campaign. Gallipoli had a profound impact on Australians at home, and 25 April soon became the day on which Australians remembered the sacrifice of those who died in the war.
Although the Gallipoli campaign failed in its military objectives, the actions of Australian and New Zealand forces during the campaign left a powerful legacy. What became known as the “Anzac legend” became an important part of the identity of both nations, shaping the ways in which they viewed both their past and their future.

Well since morality is part of one equation....?

Morality is good to have, but not great to be a slave to.
In desperate times you will probably find staying alive requires a great bit of flexibility in how you interpret things.

Sometimes the "Moral" thing to do might be to eliminate all the idiots and evil folk before they destroy the ability of everybody else to survive.

good men wasted fighting European wars, not worth it.Not worth one Aussie, Kiwi, or American.

While in no way taking anything away from the bravery of the Australians that died fighting, the British pretty much used the Australians as cannon fodder for whatever stupid scheme they wanted to try out and not waste their own troops on. As a percentage of population, the Australians lost more than most of their eligible men in WWI and WWII thanks to helping out the British.

Morality is good to have, but not great to be a slave to.
In desperate times you will probably find staying alive requires a great bit of flexibility in how you interpret things.

Sometimes the "Moral" thing to do might be to eliminate all the idiots and evil folk before they destroy the ability of everybody else to survive.
Morals are the wife’s dept. I’ll cover the rest

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Seriously though, why do you have to lump SHTF and end of the worlders together, the SHTF people will be the enders of the end of the world jackasses, the SHingTF is just the trigger/justification. The apocalypse is what the end of the worlders will think is happening when SHTF people lose their imagined moral restraint.

So which camp are you in?????
I am in the camp of "fuck I love my life, USA for the win".
Watch the movie. The horrors those men went through. I would have shot my commander i think.
The post was sarcasm. But also aimed at anyone who things "end of days" sounds romantic.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Moral norms change depending on how little food and water people have.

Reactions: splean
While in no way taking anything away from the bravery of the Australians that died fighting, the British pretty much used the Australians as cannon fodder for whatever stupid scheme they wanted to try out and not waste their own troops on. As a percentage of population, the Australians lost more than most of their eligible men in WWI and WWII thanks to helping out the British.

Yep.

I think Americans in general have a positive view of Winston Churchill. It wasn't until I was drinking with Aussies and Kiwis on ANZAC day (several years in a row) that I heard the hatred and vitriol they had for him. As Lord of the Admiralty a big part of the Gallipoli plan was apparently his, and in Aus and NZ he's still regarded as a war criminal for his sacrifice of the ANZAC forces.

Yep.

I think Americans in general have a positive view of Winston Churchill. It wasn't until I was drinking with Aussies and Kiwis on ANZAC day (several years in a row) that I heard the hatred and vitriol they had for him. As Lord of the Admiralty a big part of the Gallipoli plan was apparently his, and in Aus and NZ he's still regarded as a war criminal for his sacrifice of the ANZAC forces.

He wanted to repeat it with US troops trying to get us to invade "the soft underbelly" of Yugoslavia - the fucking Balkans.

ask the Germans how "soft" the OSS and Yugo partisans were fighting in tough terrain.

They pulled the same shit with our boys in the first war. Many doughboys were wasted at the hands of the crowns command.