• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Streaming movies, worth watching or not.

fpgt72

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2019
Now I am not a real big consumer of modern....ahh....entertainment. The last movie I went to see in a theater was in 2006, so I am not really the one to start a thread like this. But I do get bored at the end of the day, and if I am not cruising the digital garage sales I will look at something on "TV" to watch.

I figure this would be a good place to put all those types of reviews, the new road house thread brought this idea to the front of my mind.

So that in mind here we go......

Shogun

I remember the mini series from what....the late 70's early 80's, and as I remember that was good. Some of us stupid 'mericans even learned how to say hello and thank you in Japanese.

Well there is a remake, and I started to watch it thinking it was the old version....nope it is new, oh well I guess I will give it a chance. Now I am not too far into it, but so far it is not too bad. I would say it might be worth a watch.

Reactions: Uhlan
I’ve been watching it. I record it, so I can blitz through the freaking commercials. I swear there is more commercial time than movie time. It’s been ok, a little slow to develop, but I’m hoping it will go somewhere.

Oh yea, and there are people that are upset because there are no black samuari.....for some reason that does not shock me.

I am one of those people that don't know a lot about anything but know more then most on the subject of everything. What I mean by that and to make it fit into this movie I know a very little bit about Japanese culture. But I do know more then most people do.

For example, the japanese culture is quite interesting. If you are not japanese you are an outsider. You could be an american born there to american parents, live your entire life there but you are not japanese, you are a white guy. You will never be totally accepted. It is their culture, and you know what, that is fine. However the people that bitch about no black japanese in this movie are the ones that would totally loose it over that. And I find that funny as fuck.

Anyhoo, back to the show.

Reactions: Ronws
Last night's episode was a snoozer, but it did lay a foundation for next week. Looks like it might finally be going somewhere.

I watched an episode on regular TV, and decided I'll wait for it to be over then sign up for a free 30 day trial on HULU.

Masters of the Air on Apple TV was really good. That along with the movie "Greyhound." Outside of those two, Apple content is pretty woke and not likely worth the $.

Not sure I am going to buy that. Now if you can give me a Japanese source.
Wikipedia is the best I’m gonna do. You can follow the documentation from there if you like. Yasuke is documented in Japanese sources, as one might expect of an extreme anomaly.

Wikipedia is the best I’m gonna do. You can follow the documentation from there if you like. Yasuke is documented in Japanese sources, as one might expect of an extreme anomaly.

Knowing a little about that culture that is very strange. I know a guy that was born there, lived his entire life there and is still an "outsider".

I stopped watching Amazon Prime Video streaming because they started adding commercials. I absolutely refuse to watch the garbage woke commercials full of blacks, queers, trannys and everyone else except white people. I don't care what it is, I can't sit through the commercials.