• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For best accuracy do you really need a muzzle brake?

Radical information in here. Since recoil, recoil management, and follow through are fool's errands due to the bullet leaving the barrel before anything else happens, then I suspect PRS will move to 300 & 338 WINMAG in 7lbs AR platform rifles and take advantage of less wind deflection. That is, unless wind deflection has also been ruled out. Fuck, I'm back at square one again!

I'm pulling the 22LR from the tykes and putting them on 300WM chambered cricket rifles. I'll start telling them to pull their heads up as fast as they can after the shot to see the bullet on the bullseye. I mean, the bullet has left the barrel so nothing else matters after that. Roger, move out smartly and draw fire, yes Sir!
Why do you scream for attention, constantly ?

Then, maybe, you should learn to shoot without any muzzle device, because it seems your aid has become a crutch... 😜
I keep a couple fudd rifles around.
You know pencil barreled light weight one shot wonders.
Clean classic lines that will drive a tack .

How about you explain the virtues of shooting with a naked barrel.
That should entertain the crowd.

But really sounds like you know more about flapping your mouth than shooting.

Reactions: lash
I keep a couple fudd rifles around.
You know pencil barreled light weight one shot wonders.
Clean classic lines that will drive a tack .

How about you explain the virtues of shooting with a naked barrel.
That should entertain the crowd.

But really sounds like you know more about flapping your mouth than shooting.
Don't take well to touge in cheek comments I see. Well well, nobody's loss i guess.

How about you explain how a naked gun (more recoil) does not force you to improve your technique... And during that, consider if every comment should be percieved as a personal offence.

I'm not here to entertain any crowd, but to entertain myself. And learning from my betters, of which you seem not to be one.

I tell that to people about scotch too, but even seasoned bourbon drinkers think I’m nuts to like scotch. Just picked this up after tasting it at a friend's:

View attachment 7448678

For those that aren’t snobbish purists and just want smooth tasty sippin’ whiskey. Not as nice as a good sherry cask Glenmorangie, worthy worthy of conspicuous consumption. 🥃

Sorry for the left turn, Clyde. I don’t have too many doubts about the fact that improperly stressed metal moves when material is removed. We now have two anecdotal accounts of measured changes under a heavy relief cut and barrel threading. I do not dismiss it, though will always appreciate further confirmation in modern precision barrels.

I like both bourbon and Scotch, but good Scotch is superior.

I’ll fight about it.

Reactions: lash