• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For fucks sake!

Even Fuck himself would be embarrassed by that.

Reactions: MJF
My father, who passed away in 2014, had a beautiful stone mailbox built. Last year some jackass decided to get drunk and high and speed down the road, fall asleep, and run into the ditch. He hit the culvert at the neighbors, flew back onto the road, overcorrected, and then hit Dad's mailbox. His truck flipped, ejecting him and he was DRT. His family had the audacity to sue my stepmother, who has advanced Parkinson's, for everything she owns. It took several lawyers and who knows how much money to get them to go away. She spent an entire year of the short time she has left dealing with those jackals.

My father, who passed away in 2014, had a beautiful stone mailbox built. Last year some jackass decided to get drunk and high and speed down the road, fall asleep, and run into the ditch. He hit the culvert at the neighbors, flew back onto the road, overcorrected, and then hit Dad's mailbox. His truck flipped, ejecting him and he was DRT. His family had the audacity to sue my stepmother, who has advanced Parkinson's, for everything she owns. It took several lawyers and who knows how much money to get them to go away. She spent an entire year of the short time she has left dealing with those jackals.

Why not I guess.

Go to church and get shot......you get millions (if you are the right demographic).

Resist arrest.....milions.

Use talcum powder forever and a day you get millions.

Pretty soon reparations paid by people that never had slaves to people that never were slaves.

Everyone looking for the payout.

His lawyer, St. John, sounds like the epitome of an ambulance chasing cunt looking to shake the nearest tree for a pay day. I don't think anyone has the crystal ball that shows that if the mailbox hadn't been reinforced then her client wouldn't have been paralyzed. Maybe, maybe not, maybe go fuck yourself, by that same logic one could say that if the plaintiff were driving safer for the conditions he wouldn't be paralyzed today either. Also, it sounds like they're really reaching with regards to some of the guidelines regarding mailboxes to push this thing through and get money for this guy's misfortune. Sometimes bad shit happens, they're called accidents and not always does that mean someone else is to blame. Sometimes the circumstances of the situation mean you draw the short straw.

I have had the life experiences to meet some of these kind of people.

not even recovered from injury (as in hours to days from them) and are on the phone looking of the $$$$$ and some shit bag lawyer. Redundant I know, but it needs to be more clear than just lawyer.
Lawyers (and these kinda people) are like turds. Some not as stinky as others. But all are shit.

It's BS he's getting sued. That said, you don't own the ROW and can't put anything you want in it.

Reactions: oneshot86
Tumbled 130 feet after hitting the mailbox? WTF? Does the guy live next to the local drag strip?

move lived in my house for 20 years. In that time my mailbox has been hit 8 times. And I don’t know how many time people have driven through my yard to avoid the mailbox. There has been two cars totaled out on my mailbox over the years. One was a BMW. 😄. A cop asked me one time if I had ever thougjt of moving my mailbox around the corner. I told him no, people need to think about staying their ass in the street.

It's all about this....
i-QJLcnK7.gif
i-QJLcnK7.gif
i-QJLcnK7.gif
i-QJLcnK7.gif

Reactions: I-R-me
Hmmmm….what about the 24” trees in the front yard that were planted 40 years ago? Sombody hits those, they are are not going to move. Homeowner negligence ?

No worries it’s a victimless crime…the insurance will pay. Just like McDonalds…

sounds like the UK where criminals can often sue if they are injured while breaking in to your home.

Me, being a stone mason in my younger days, wanted to build my mom a fancy stone mailbox. She refused, opting for a post in a 5gal. bucket filled with gravel. I thought she was being overcautious and if someone ran over your mailbox and survived, they owed you for a new mail box.
Now I realize her concerns were justified.

Not sure where this stops though. If you have stone fence columns or a wall are you responsible for some drunks injuries when he runs into them?

Hmmmm….what about the 24” trees in the front yard that were planted 40 years ago? Sombody hits those, they are are not going to move. Homeowner negligence ?

No worries it’s a victimless crime…the insurance will pay. Just like McDonalds…
My thoughts exactly. If the lawyer doesn't argue this, he isn't worth his pleather shoes.

Many people may NOT like this reply, BUT it has merit. These lawyers that push these immoral lawsuits and cause great financial and mental harm to the innocent should be held liable for these frivolous money making lawsuits. IF there was a way to put them as responsible as well and have to pay damages and or jail time in these type of suits. I bet you would see this crap go away quite quickly if they had to suffer as well. Lawyers have their place but they have CAUSED MORE damage in many ways under the guise of "LAW" than they have helped in my opinion.

Tumbled 130 feet after hitting the mailbox? WTF? Does the guy live next to the local drag strip?

move lived in my house for 20 years. In that time my mailbox has been hit 8 times. And I don’t know how many time people have driven through my yard to avoid the mailbox. There has been two cars totaled out on my mailbox over the years. One was a BMW. 😄. A cop asked me one time if I had ever thougjt of moving my mailbox around the corner. I told him no, people need to think about staying their ass in the street.

Pic 1 is what was left of my mailbox after the BMW hit it. He hit it so hard, there were pieces of bricks against my neighbors garage door across the street. But he was only going 25 mph. Oh, and it was his Dad's BMW. :LOL:
Pic 2 is the BMW parts I picked up in my yard.

Mailbox 1.JPG

Mailbox 2.JPG

I live on a very bad curve.
Before the are built up and traffic slowed folks up, EVERY weed end a car came screeching off the road and BOOM, hit pole, maybe flip.
I have rocked an upside down pickup to release a woman's leg, she was ejected.
It was so bad to hear and it happens all the time on weekends and if it rains, that, we were going to buy a place to get away from it.
I thought about putting boulders out there, but I would be in this guys situation.
Upon further investigation, they probably will find that, he didn't reinforce his mailbox ONLY to avoid having to do it again, but to penalize the vandals and fuckin the guys across the street snowplow.
The guy put a impenetrable mailbox in the ROW to be punitive, he's going to loose the suit and a ton of money, REGARDLESS of dickheads shitty driving.
This has been going on forever, and mailbox owner always looses.

God help the guy if someone comes forward that states, yes, he did it that way to hang someone up, possible criminal case now.

Pic 1 is what was left of my mailbox after the BMW hit it. He hit it so hard, there were pieces of bricks against my neighbors garage door across the street. But he was only going 25 mph. Oh, and it was his Dad's BMW. :LOL:

View attachment 7652448

View attachment 7652449
Looks like my place everyday. I don't even clean up out there anymore, or repair the ditch

good, im going to sue the state for putting up dangerous telephone poles for me to crash into.

im going to sue the orphanage for putting up orphanages for me to drive through....fucking peasants, who puts an orphanage where im trying to crash?!

im going to sue the car stopped at a red light that i rear ended, why is he obeying traffic laws and causing me to crash? fucking mongoloid!

This bull shit happens much more than you think. I used to live on a farm to market road which is a state road in Texas. You have to have one of the state approved mail boxes and posts only. It's like 2" schedule 40 post and a plastic mailbox. That is in the state right of way that is technically not mine. That mailbox would get mowed over about 5-6 times a year. Luckily the mail carrier I had was a good group of people, I made a little loop for them to pull through and moved my gate back so I could get a box out of the ROW and on the fence that got moved back.

Yes. If they still delivered to your door, this would have never happened.

What if they crash into your door?

Probably better to deliver the mail to the side table beside the couch in your Living Room . . . . oh, wait . . . . nevermind.

Yeah, you can put pretty much anything you want on your property. No problem. Want a Redwood tree in your front yard. No car is taking out a mature Redwood. We had one in our front yard in California. The issue is that the mailbox is in the public right of way.

Reactions: Milo 2.5
Fire Hydrants have hollow bolts attaching them to the ground flange, reason being that when hit by a car it will shear off. I assume so the water pipes below the flange are not damaged by the impact but it also makes the damage much less to the car. If I put a mail box out on the roadway, I would use a 4x4 steel pipe and weld plates on each end, one for the mailbox and one for the bottom and use the same plan, use a flange with hollow bolts connected to the flush ground mount.

View attachment 7652448

View attachment 7652449
I know you live in a 25mph zone. If the driver had obeyed the speed limit, it would not have done this kind of damage. I bet the pickup driver in the original post article was speeding, too. Stupid drivers!

Last edited:
It's BS he's getting sued. That said, you don't own the ROW and can't put anything you want in it.

Your yard is not the ROW for vehicles.
That is called the street.

Vehicles have NO right to be up on your yard or your sidewalk, that would be reckless driving among other things.

Stone mail boxes are pretty popular here

Your yard is not the ROW for vehicles.
That is called the street.

Vehicles have NO right to be up on your yard or your sidewalk, that would be reckless driving among other things.

Stone mail boxes are pretty popular here
Do you know where the ROW actually is?
You wouldn't believe how many pissed off home owners I've dealt with over years.
I've seen permits approved for swimming pools and out buildings that in the end were torn down.
Usually it's 35' from the center line of the road.
You may of paid for the concrete in the sidewalk and have to make sure it's in good working condition, snow ice.
But believe that you will be the only one on the hook for the bad stuff.

Fire Hydrants have hollow bolts attaching them to the ground flange, reason being that when hit by a car it will shear off. I assume so the water pipes below the flange are not damaged by the impact but it also makes the damage much less to the car. If I put a mail box out on the roadway, I would use a 4x4 steel pipe and weld plates on each end, one for the mailbox and one for the bottom and use the same plan, use a flange with hollow bolts connected to the flush ground mount.

Yep, thats to save the valve.

A Hydrant is nothing but a vertical pipe with an actuating rod that extends down to the valve.

The actuating rod is designed to shear also.

Intent is to save the valve and to prevent an uncontrolled water release like the 30 foot sprays you see in Hollywood movies when a car hits a hydrant.

In real life no water is released, the valve stays intact and if there is no damage to the above grade portion of the hydrant it gets reset with new bolts.

Same thing with most streets signs.

There's a CSI episode about this. It's one of the like 3 I've seen. Dude fills his mailbox with cement because kids keep doing drive bys with a baseball bat on it. Kid hits it with a bat and the bat comes back and kills him. Homeowner gets arrested at the end of the episode. I remember thinking "that's stupid, it's not his fault those kids were assholes", but dismissed it as silly TV.

Apparently not.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Again all this seems to be about making life safe for criminals and those who refuse to be responsible for their own actions and refuse to behave decently.
All of course at the cost to those who try to work hard and be decent.

I'll bet if the city had to pay for damages to mailboxes as well as any loss of contents and time involved, out of their own budget, (and weren't allowed to say people couldn't have mailboxes where they normally are) they might have a bit of a different tune as to being so carefree about letting people destroy other people's mail boxes.

Reactions: M7rtim
So could you provide a link to the regulations specifically stating what you can and cannot do for a US postal mail box in the ROW…..That’s actually rhetorical. Where I live I have seen everything from steel pipes to cut off trees that were at the exact spot for the mail box…..Speaking of trees somebody needs to get in touch with mother nature or God and let them know they can’t just grow any trees in the ROW…..😮

So could you provide a link to the regulations specifically stating what you can and cannot do for a US postal mail box in the ROW…..That’s actually rhetorical. Where I live I have seen everything from steel pipes to cut off trees that were at the exact spot for the mail box…..Speaking of trees somebody needs to get in touch with mother nature or God and let them know they can’t just grow any trees in the ROW…..😮
20210622_132118.jpg
20210622_132138.jpg