• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For the 2nd time in 2 days "delivered" Fed Ex packages not here.

Nomad0001

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2012
Greenville, SC
1st package yesterday, 1000 rounds of 9 mm.

2nd package today, Leupold scope.

Had dozens of packages delivered with no problems until yesterday. Good neighborhood etc. My wife was home today. No door bell, no dog barking; nothing.

Fed Ex says proof of delivery = "left by garage".

Just venting….

Bummer. It does sound like the driver made a mistake. I work for Fed Ex. First off "left by garage" is not typical. If a signature is not required, we are told to ring the doorbell or knock and leave the package at the front door, unless there is request to leave it in a specific place(porch, garage, ect.). We typically work the same area daily and know our route like the back of our hand. But it's also possible the driver delivered it to the wrong address. If you live in an apartment or a place with a main office, check with them, they would have had to sign for it. Otherwise, I think your next move would be to contact the shipper. Also a heads up, if its anything fairly expensive and you expect someone to be home, request a signature, then we cant leave it on the doorstep without your name and signature, we also deliver on Saturdays. Good luck.

Bummer. It does sound like the driver made a mistake. I work for Fed Ex. First off "left by garage" is not typical. If a signature is not required, we are told to ring the doorbell or knock and leave the package at the front door, unless there is request to leave it in a specific place(porch, garage, ect.). We typically work the same area daily and know our route like the back of our hand. But it's also possible the driver delivered it to the wrong address. If you live in an apartment or a place with a main office, check with them, they would have had to sign for it. Otherwise, I think your next move would be to contact the shipper. Also a heads up, if its anything fairly expensive and you expect someone to be home, request a signature, then we cant leave it on the doorstep without your name and signature, we also deliver on Saturdays. Good luck.

With really expensive or irreplaceable stuff I usually ask for them to hold it at the FedEx office so I can pick it up in person. Solves those problems.

I have it delivered to my office, that way I don't have to worry about any of this weirdness...

Fedex is always good for me. I work over the road and I live in a travel trailer. I have stayed in some tiny hole in the wall places and fedex always finds me.

I have it delivered to my office, that way I don't have to worry about any of this weirdness...

I have been doing this for years and it works great if you have the ability to do it. The only thing that can suck is when something is to be delivered on Saturday, you will not get it until Monday. About once a year I run into a company that throws a fit about shipping to an address other than my billing address but that is usually easily rectified. A package gets delivered to my house instead of the office with about the same frequency.

Wow, so you are saying you got ripped off on those 2 packages or you had to go to the hub and pick them up? Id say bad driver or bad dude in the neighborhood trolling for goodies. Sorry to hear.

1st package yesterday, 1000 rounds of 9 mm.

2nd package today, Leupold scope.

Had dozens of packages delivered with no problems until yesterday. Good neighborhood etc. My wife was home today. No door bell, no dog barking; nothing.

Fed Ex says proof of delivery = "left by garage".

Just venting….

Many years ago there a FedEx driver forcibly removed from his truck and handcuffed to a tree. It was not by the police. A customer suspected him of stealing the contents of his boxes. You can easily guess what the packages contained...

For these kind of reasons anything I sell thats worth any decent amount of money gets a "direct signature required".

Probably the driver leaving packages at the wrong house. FedEx was suppose to deliver one for me last year and the neighbor from a few houses up brings down my box. Called FedEx and talked to the manager who called the driver to get her story. She tells the manager she left it at my door and describes my truck in the driveway. Driver then shows back up at the neighbors house asking for package. Even though she lied and the manager called her on her BS, I see her still delivering in the neighborhood. I realize that anyone can make a mistake, at least own it and take responsibility to make it right.

As a side note UPS always knocks here but FedEx knocks maybe 1 in 10

Get it delivered to your office. That's what I do. Plus, I get the joy of watching coworkers go wide eyed when I get packages marked explosives.

Probably the driver leaving packages at the wrong house. FedEx was suppose to deliver one for me last year and the neighbor from a few houses up brings down my box. Called FedEx and talked to the manager who called the driver to get her story. She tells the manager she left it at my door and describes my truck in the driveway. Driver then shows back up at the neighbors house asking for package. Even though she lied and the manager called her on her BS, I see her still delivering in the neighborhood. I realize that anyone can make a mistake, at least own it and take responsibility to make it right.

As a side note UPS always knocks here but FedEx knocks maybe 1 in 10

Ding! We have several winners, but this is the closest. Wrong house X 2. Happy ending. Got them a couple days later. Thanks for the comments!

In our area (rural), I always use UPS when I have a choice. Long term drivers on long term routes, know the houses, know the people. Have never had anything not show up. FedEx delivery drivers around here are a revolving door and seem to be issued an attitude with their uniform...