• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns For the .40 Glock guys

Phylodog

Hidin since '06
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2006
Arcadia, IN
Went through armorer re-certification today and found out that Glock is producing a 22 round, .40 cal magazine. Apparently it was originally a special run for "someone" at Bragg and Glock decided to make them commercially available. I'm going to pick a few up this week and give them a run, thought others might be interested as well.

Re: For the .40 Glock guys

They have been out for a while. They are fine for Range use but are too long for use in USPSA limited division and I am pretty sure not for IDPA use either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have been out for a while. They are fine for Range use but are too long for use in USPSA limited division and I am pretty sure not for IDPA use either. </div></div>

A .40 caliber Glock wouldn't be competitive in IDPA anyway, but even if it were, extended magazines are unnecessary.

doesn't someone make a 28rd mag alreayd? then u just changed the follower to factory follower and it works?

Scherer makes/made a 29 rounder. I'd like to buy a couple of the 22rd factory mags but the price sucks. $35 and up. Anyone finding a better price?

I have used the 22 rounders and like Outsy said they can't be used in just about all comps unless you shoot open and I know there are better choices than the glock mags for that. I walked away from shooting glocks in competition all together, still own some just don't get used that much
smile.gif

Phylo- If you find them to be reliable could you give an update?

I'd like to pass the word at work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Side</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Phylo- If you find them to be reliable could you give an update?

I'd like to pass the word at work. </div></div>
I have used some for some time now without an issue so I would say they are reliable just not competition worthy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have been out for a while. They are fine for Range use but are too long for use in USPSA limited division and I am pretty sure not for IDPA use either. </div></div>

A .40 caliber Glock wouldn't be competitive in IDPA anyway, but even if it were, extended magazines are unnecessary. </div></div>

its competative in divisions that require bigger calibers such as the .40 s&w... lol by your thinking then 9mm isnt competetive compared to a .22.... theres a reason they have different divisions...

ok, thanks for the info strangedays.

they are great we put one in each of our patrol bags in the cruisers.

Picked up three today, $112 out the door. I plan to run them this weekend during some training. The only issue I see at the moment is reloading. I can't palm the bottom of the mag and get my finger up to the top of the mag for a quick reload. Time will tell if my muscle memory will adjust and allow for quick reloads.

I think I am going to pick up a few of the 22 rounders. I love the 33 round 9mm mags but the aftermarket mags leave a bit to be desired IMO. The 22s should be short enough for IPSC and they are a heck of a lot cheaper than buying mags and putting $30 extensions on them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stiletto raggio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I am going to pick up a few of the 22 rounders. I love the 33 round 9mm mags but the aftermarket mags leave a bit to be desired IMO. The 22s should be short enough for IPSC and they are a heck of a lot cheaper than buying mags and putting $30 extensions on them. </div></div>

The 22's are over 141mm's which makes them too long for limited. Fine for open.

Here are a couple of pics of the mags for comparison to a standard 15 rounder.

P1040106.jpg

P1040107.jpg

Not sure if my current mag pouch will work. It originally had some built in retention via an internal kydex clip but it has loosened up over time and provides little these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you pull the kydex clip out and reheat and bend it ? </div></div>

Unfortunately not. I just looked it over when I snapped the pic and it's sewn into place. Damned Eagle Industries well built stuff.

I wonder if it fits my ninja glock....

I see no need for an extra 7 rounds a mag considering I have 3 15 round mags already.

if you don't already have one check out the glock "gtul" if you've ever cursed the Austrians while trying to take your glock mag apart check out the gtul it is awesome and works great.

Phylo: I had some of those kydex lined mag pouches and could pull the kydex insert out. Just have to push the insert down while pulling the nylon upward. If its the newer ones that are velcro lined, just pull the velcro up out of the mag pouch and the insert will come out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Side</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Phylo: I had some of those kydex lined mag pouches and could pull the kydex insert out. Just have to push the insert down while pulling the nylon upward. If its the newer ones that are velcro lined, just pull the velcro up out of the mag pouch and the insert will come out. </div></div>

Thanks brother, I'll give it a try.

I ran the mags all day today in training and was pleasantly surprised that the transition to the longer mags was smoother than I thought it would be.