• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For the spider lovers

Re: For the spider lovers

That was f-ing hilarious!!!!
laugh.gif
cry.gif
laugh.gif

Things I get to look forward to in Oz...

If that fucking thing was on my ceiling my roof would be leaking come the next rain. I would be using a 12ga, not a damn bowel.

I'd shit so fast the house would explode! That's right before my fatal heart attack.

twisted, is that an a. aviculara?? heres a 2 year old male i had.. the males dont usually get near this size but he was pretty spoiled. extremely friendly pets, he never was hostile towards anyone, and the girls love big spiders

4196_88996756015_513166015_2279968_6187226_n.jpg

Sometimes I'm amazed how people are so afraid of spiders. I'm not pokin fun, I just find it kinda odd cause they don't bother me. I'm not a fan of snakes so much myself but anyways....

I have a helper on my reloading table. Just cranked out some rounds tonight with his help. See him there... (Please excuse the mess, my reloading/dinner table is too busy cranking out ammo to clean.
reloadingtarantula.jpg

Just for the record, he's an A. seemani that I believe to be male.
aseemani-03.jpg

Could be worse, I have a P. lugardi that is so calm that I suspect its waiting for the perfect moment to show its truly crazy side as they are fairly known for their psycho attacks on anything moving.
plugardi-07.jpg

Or my crazy P. murinus.
pmurinusc-04.jpg

These are just a few of my thirtysome tarantulas.

i always find it odd that people are scared of spiders, until i think about how much i absolutely detest centipedes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickbugs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">twisted, is that an a. aviculara?? heres a 2 year old male i had.. the males dont usually get near this size but he was pretty spoiled. extremely friendly pets, he never was hostile towards anyone, and the girls love big spiders

4196_88996756015_513166015_2279968_6187226_n.jpg
</div></div>

Yeah, the first one I posted is my Avicularia metallica that I picked up today. I also picked up a Avicularia sp amazonica from the same breeder. A good chunk of my collection are from the genus Avicularia.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickbugs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i always find it odd that people are scared of spiders, until i think about how much i absolutely detest centipedes. </div></div>

Amen to that. Most people who enjoy tarantulas enjoy centipedes but I can't stand them. They freak me out.

the only crazy spider i had was an Ephebopus Uatuman, sold it to my uncle though, i much preffer the avics. something nice about having one that u can let walk around your table while your working, without having to worry about it attacking anyone.

this was the emerald skeletons preffered pose when anything came too close to her

khalela%20resize.JPG

Buggered by spiders that are that BIG and scorpions but had a 11 1/2' Python for a pet. She was a beauty!

Ohhh Hell No. I would climb a greased flag pole in .2 seconds yelling for my mom all the way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grmroper001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ohhh Hell No. I would climb a greased flag pole in .2 seconds yelling for my mom all the way. </div></div>

roflmao.

Tarantulas are ok, but all those other nasty eight legged mfr's can die. I got bit by one of them as a kid on my left bicep. That thing swole up between the size of a golf ball and a baseball. For me it's not a fear thing, it's a hatred that goes way back. All spiders must die! I see it, it dies. It crawls in my shower, it dies. I see it on the wall in the house, it dies. Outside, they are fine.
One as big as that one in the video, screw it, I am getting 'Lulu' and putting a 00 into it.

Twisted said:
Sometimes I'm amazed how people are so afraid of spiders. I'm not pokin fun, I just find it kinda odd cause they don't bother me. I'm not a fan of snakes so much myself but anyways....
I have a helper on my reloading table. Just cranked out some rounds tonight with his help. See him there... (Please excuse the mess, my reloading/dinner table is too busy cranking out ammo to clean.
reloadingtarantula.jpg

All that gear and large, poisonous arachnids walking around while you reload...

Not that I'm that much better organized, but the spiders in my garage are never invited! And where possible, they die!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grmroper001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ohhh Hell No. I would climb a greased flag pole in .2 seconds yelling for my mom all the way.</div></div>

LMAO....and so you know, you'd be a full .1 second behind me!

So there would be one guy standing on the head on onther guy. I am bringing a freaking tennis racket and a mini gun... god I hate spiders... go figure I can gut a hog, clean a fish, shin a deer but scream like a girl when a daddy long leggs attacks.

Twisted, Im coming over. With a can of Raid.

I'm running from my computer as you read!!My hand refuses to even touch the mouse to change screens!!!Snakes cool even though none in Alaska-Grizzly bears plenty big enough to see and deal with-Spiders prove I need therapy!

i would just as soon put a wet noodle up a wild cats a-- in a phone booth then screw around with a spider.

Fuck that. I don't get creeped out by much but my wife gives me shit every time because I go into genocide mode when I see a bug-arachnid, regular bug, wahtever..I fucking hate them.

Good on y'all for having a fun hobby, I understand liking something others don't (I have a slightly expensive thign with fish) but ehhhhuhhh....I couldn't sleep at night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Or my crazy P. murinus.
pmurinusc-04.jpg

</div></div>

Being from Florida originally, I was taught to respect spiders because they ate mosquitos which were trying to eat us. However, you are not going to catch me allowing one to live in my home if I can help it. They belong OUTSIDE. As and aside, during my childhood, my father was in the midst of dropping the kids off at the pool when a wolf spider (if you are from the south you know, if not, look them up) crawled out onto his inner thigh. My dad is your typical slow talking, slow walking southern boy and my mom said she never heard so much commotion or saw my father move so fast. Couldn't have been pretty. I didn't even attempt to check out the aftermath even out of morbid curiosity.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I would be using a 12ga, not a damn <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">bowel</span></span>. </div></div>
Lol...is that a spelling mistake?

Ok.. I have been to war, I've done some hairy things, gotten hurt,.... but NOTHING traumatized me nearly as much as having a effing pair of camel spiders cozy up to me when i was sleeping in my cot.... I have no shame in saying i was screaming like a little girl... and I have no idea what kinda discipline stopped me from dumping a mag into the things..... To this day, anytime i see arachnids.. i am not a happy camper :} I actually use to like them too before i went overseas...

Spiders, fine. Snakes, rats, bugs, etc. - sure. I <span style="font-weight: bold">hate</span> anything in the wasp family. Red ones, black ones, yellow jackets, hornets - I will run screaming like a little girl, waving my arms like one of those inflatable tube guy things. I was one of those kids that got stung at least once every few weeks during the warm months by wasps. I'll handle honeybees, bumblebees, any kind of bee - but I will try and kill any wasp I see. I have a tennis racket holster on my riding lawn mower for the f#(*ers.

Don't be worried about them, they are only a little bit venomous- look up the Sydney funnel web. Even us locals are scared of them. One of my more senior co-workers (damn the registered number game) made me catch one so it could be milked. He still laughs about it.....