• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision ? for thermal poors

kcbird

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2009
TX
I have a flir breach. The plan is to use an external anker battery (Anker Astro E1 6700mAh) with a surefire rechargeable battery in the flir. Here is the question.

Will the flir drain the surefire first and then the anker take over or will the anker keep the surefire charged?

I don't believe it will charge the Breach at all (doubt they put charging electronics in the Flir) , but I think it will draw from the external battery first, or at least it seems that way on mine.

So do you run the breach without a battery at all? I just assumed it needed a battery in the breach for it to contact and function. I didn't want a dead battery in the breach. I ordered rechargeable 123 batteries hoping it would charge off of the anker battery. I already have everything hooked up, I just got to thinking. Haven't got a chance to test it out yet.

Eta: I guess I will run it for a while and pull the rechargeable battery to see if its dead.

I run it without a battery inside most of the time, and just run off the external battery. Just make sure its strong enough, the first no name external battery I used was marginal, and I thought I had cable issues. Better battery fixed it. I bridge the Breach and a PVS14, and sewed a pouch for the battery to sit on the back of the helmet as a counter weight, and ran the cable up the side of the helmet cover.

Thanks for the help. That is exactly what I am doing. I guess the surefire batteries in the breach were a waste of money. But on the plus side I don't have to worry about removing batteries or batteries leaking out in the unit. Thanks again Onyxskydv

Reactions: OnyxSkyDV
Put a new cr123 in after checking voltage with a multimeter, run the breach with anker battery for a while and then recheck voltage on the cr123

Reactions: kcbird
Since it hasn’t been done yet…

93FEB072-FF9C-4CF2-8555-081529357AD0.jpeg

That's why I put poors in the title. I thought I could keep you out of my thread Horta:LOL:. I already have low self-esteem over my UTG airsoft mail ninja gear.

• Haha
Reactions: TheHorta