• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For those who served

The U.S. military is a microcosm of America; one will encounter justice/injustice, intangible rewards/undeserved punishment, loyalty/betrayal, uncommon valor/cowardly conformity. The military is an institution no different in the past than what will be found in the future. We should encourage military service, it is a worthy and honorable profession.

Military service challenges us to stand at the forefront supporting fellow servicemembers as they support us. Hopefully, the citizen will discover themselves and find only the best in others; encouraging others while remaining silent when disappointed. They will learn to not make excuses or avoid responsibility and accountability. They will learn to help others while while sharing what little they have. They will silently and proudly wear their scars, know the sacrifices endured by those wearing a little piece of colored ribbon. If these concepts are foreign to someone then the military neither needs or wants them.

“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." Albert Einstein

I flew air attack and recon airplanes for many years for both the state and feds and thus, hung out around tanker bases and helicopter operators/operations quite a bit. The amount of politicking, good old boy chronyism, and wanton wastefulness in the name of spending the budget, was disgraceful. When it came to allocating resources, awarding contracts, and making staff decisions, particularly when the type one fire management teams got involved, anyone with a conscious should have lost sleep. It was fun to be a part of a big fire and the average guy out there doing the work was great. Highly recommend. However, it’s not without political BS and morally questionable behavior.

Doesn't matter where you live or what you do for a living, questionable behavior and morally corrupt people are everywhere.
You can't escape it.

My 17yr old stepson has wanted to be a Marine Grunt since forever.

Rebecca and I have had many, many heart to heart conversations with him regarding the choice to become a Grunt vs something with a future.

Grunt it will be.

However, just yesterday he's questioning his decision to even bother enlisting. With the world situation, the new administration and the fact that he's hearing chatter about 46 trying to get us into a war, (probably to take the focus off of himself) he's wondering if it's the right choice.

Whatever he does, we'll support him, but, we'll encourage him to follow his heart and his head.

I was a Marine Grunt in the 90's. I tease my son a lot about joining the Marines etc., but deep down I guess I don't want him to follow the same path I did. Right now he's only 14, just started HS. Who knows what he'll want to do when he turns 18 at the end of Pedo-Joe's term? Right now he is leaning towards law and loves history. I talked to him a bit about the JAG corps in the Navy.

I do think military service is a great opportunity still. Serving the country, learning skills/trades, getting paid, college tuition, travel etc. Not to mention all the Vet benefits afterwards and the pride of having served. The only people/friends I hang out with these days are those I served with.

Your kid(s) don't have to be SEAL/Delta/Ranger/SF/sniper door-kickers. There are a ton of MOS's out there in 5 branches if you count the Coasties. Excellent opportunity to let Uncle Sam pay for their job skills and educations. Like I said, I'm making my kids aware of the military option and all it offers right now....they can then make their own choice when the time comes. Good luck!

Reactions: Not a Sniper
I would give a yes/no answer. like alot of the other guy on here I would echo that serving is an honor. both grandfathers did it. dad did it. 3 siblings have done it. but I wish I had done my 4 years and gotten out. there is more money in the civilian world if you apply yourself. 4 years gets you free college and a whole lot of life experience. 12 years in it is too late to leave. so I will finish my 20 with my mouth shut and eyes on the prize.

serving your country is a great experience and an amazing way to pay it back for the blessings of being born here. but if I had a son. I would advise him to do his first tour or 4 years or whatever the minimum is, then get out and reap the benefits of the GI bill. the field grade/senior officer corp is corrupt as hell. being a senior enlisted no longer means what it used too. (except for maybe the marines). serve and then get out. he will be a better man for having done it, the country needs good men to serve, and he will have a leg up on his peers.

Reactions: Not a Sniper
That's the direction currently. I'm a lineman...started the trade at 19. He is headed that direction also. Graduates in June, spent the last two summers working for D.O.E. Lot's of vet's there with encouragement to serve....of course we still had high hopes during summer.
I joined the army when I was 28. Before that I worked 10 years at Verizon as a lineman and fiber optic splicer. Loved the job but felt it was my duty to serve.

Left a 6 figure job to join as a combat medic. I had been a volunteer FF/Paramedic since I was 18.

But yes, in today's military, i would not join.

Doc

Holy shit this thread was not what I expected.

I have no issue with my son enlisting after HS to do whatever he wanted. His service is to the nation, not the ass cheeks in the seat.

Some of you seem to have forgotten that, but you’re entitled to that opinion.

Our nation needs the willing and capable youth to keep us above water. If the physically and mentally strong aren’t enlisting, then the weak masses will be pushed into it.

Be the change you want to see. Let them be the change they want to see.

Raise them with the skills to survive in society and equally as well in the field. They’ll choose their path and we should support their interests...that’s all we can do as parents.

Best of luck to your kid with whatever he chooses. 🍻
I understand where you are coming from. However, I am a E7 and my hands are tied. We cannot correct soldiers these days without risking either a SHARP, EO or IG complaint. The soldiers have been emboldened directly by the political ways of the liberals. These policies are directly from the top of these asshats that were put in place by obama. There is no discipline in these soldiers. They dont join to serve their country, they join for free shit. Theres no camaraderie anymore. You cant trust the guy next to you. I tried to correct a soldier who was wearing a BLM face mask in uniform, and was then called into my 1SGs office and verbally reprimanded for it.

So yes, I love my country, however the military is NOT what it used to be.

Doc

I understand where you are coming from. However, I am a E7 and my hands are tied. We cannot correct soldiers these days without risking either a SHARP, EO or IG complaint. The soldiers have been emboldened directly by the political ways of the liberals. These policies are directly from the top of these asshats that were put in place by obama. There is no discipline in these soldiers. They dont join to serve their country, they join for free shit. Theres no camaraderie anymore. You cant trust the guy next to you. I tried to correct a soldier who was wearing a BLM face mask in uniform, and was then called into my 1SGs office and verbally reprimanded for it.

Doc
Well, we're not all that way. A BLM mask seems contradictory to uniform standards to me, as it's affiliated with a political movement. For the same reason, I would not allow subordinates to wear MAGA masks or any other politically oriented masks in uniform.

That said, my brief look at the regulations and policies don't seem to explicitly support my position, despite how common sense that approach seems. I can only find regulations restricting the wear of a uniform at political events. My guess is that your leadership failed to support your position IOT cover their asses. The last thing they want is to answer to their higher. I'd be interested to know what leadership would do if everyone started showing up with political slogans on their masks.

The Marines apparently have this in their policy guidance:
“Face coverings with demeaning or derogatory logos, profanity, racist, sexist, printed wording, eccentric designs, offensive script, wrongful drug abuse, dissident or protest activity, or imagery, are not authorized,”

I thin you can describe BLM as representative of several of the above, including offensive script, protest activity, racist, and perhaps most unarguably printed wording. Unfortunately, I see no such guidance from the Army, so far.

agree totally with the comment on Field Rank and beyond... I would go no further than Major or Lt. Commander... the junior ranks are the most recently trained and most likely the most currently capable in the field anyway... which is where the strength would be in numbers anyway

I'm assuming, by the looks of your avatar, that we share an alma mater.

If so, from what I've read recently I would not recognize the place if I were to step in as a plebe again, 37 years on.

Last edited:
My 2nd son was going to enlist right out of high school . I told him the good and the bad of military service .
I wanted him to have a decent basis to decide with .
We are very politically involved in my house and both my sons grew up with daily talks about the politics of the day .
Also, we talked a lot about school and what they were being taught daily .
Had to counter the commie crap that is pervasive in many classes !

In my son's senior year , He started thinking that he did not want to enlist , If a democrat president was in office .
I agreed with him on that .
I am of the view that the military is going to be politicized more and more by the left !
So. I would not recommend it .
I use to recommend it to lots of young people .
Wish it was still so .

I'm assuming, by the looks of your avatar, that we share an alma mater.

If so, from what I've read recently I would not recognize the place if I were to step in as a plebe again, 37 years on.
was there several times over the past three years.... the discipline is missing... a great deal of smart assed snark and grabastic behavior... you are correct, if I am correct, they are spending very little time on leadership skills and historical perspective... the women weren't there when I was... The Ring Ball meant something then.. not ashamed of our school, have a great deal of pride in having been there... but fear for what we are producing in any of the three leading academies..

Reactions: Ledzep
Well, we're not all that way. A BLM mask seems contradictory to uniform standards to me, as it's affiliated with a political movement. For the same reason, I would not allow subordinates to wear MAGA masks or any other politically oriented masks in uniform.

That said, my brief look at the regulations and policies don't seem to explicitly support my position, despite how common sense that approach seems. I can only find regulations restricting the wear of a uniform at political events. My guess is that your leadership failed to support your position IOT cover their asses. The last thing they want is to answer to their higher. I'd be interested to know what leadership would do if everyone started showing up with political slogans on their masks.

The Marines apparently have this in their policy guidance:
“Face coverings with demeaning or derogatory logos, profanity, racist, sexist, printed wording, eccentric designs, offensive script, wrongful drug abuse, dissident or protest activity, or imagery, are not authorized,”

I thin you can describe BLM as representative of several of the above, including offensive script, protest activity, racist, and perhaps most unarguably printed wording. Unfortunately, I see no such guidance from the Army, so far.
Fort Carson policy is the same. Its literally stated on every door to wherever you go.

Plain color, camo pattern, no political shit. However, like I said, we have no one with back bones anymore.

Yes my COC refused to back me up. But that happens everyday.

Doc

• Sad
Reactions: M8541Reaper
I'm at 22 years in June and punching. I have a young son and daughter. If they chose to serve I would really push them the officer route...
When I ETSed in 2016, a lot of junior officers 1LT thru MAJ. were jumping ship as they didn't like the way big army was pushing all the "politically correct" crap.

I'm sorry to hear it, man. I'd like to defend your company COC, but I don't understand how making an exception for BLM masks is a good idea. The best I can offer is that company level leadership may seem like they have authority, but Company Commanders and 1SGs are still at a point in their career where they get overruled on many things, and could get squashed on the critical OERs/NCOERs that they depend on to reach retirement. So, you won't find many that intentionally rock the boat. I did in my first command, but I paid for it dearly and barely recovered. That said, if you find yourself in a town hall with higher ranking leadership at BN or above, I would consider asking the guidance of a commander or CSM at that level. Something simple, non-attributional, and to the point, like, "Should we correct Soldiers who wear BLM or other masks related to political or social movements?" I can't see how the answer would be anything other than yes.

• Sad
Reactions: M8541Reaper

Doc
I get it man and I see it everyday with the wife being AD and me (now) as a DAC. This is why we need the strong willed to join and fix the failing system.

Shit, we have service members bitching about a fucking PT test. Openly bitching about having to do a fucking basic ass performance evaluation that shouldn't even be something that you even think about until the night before when you're like "ah, shit that's right, we have to send bodies to go set up the equipment." Instead of that mindset we have fucking retards on social media posting tiktoks for cool points and submitting their "a SNCO yelled at me for pissing my pants in formation" complaints to terminal lance and army WTF.

My job takes me to the barracks quite often, and holy shit, that place is a dark, dirty, and disgusting super POG barracks. Beer bottles in stairwells, lights off all day (this is more of an energy-saving feature as it is a center hallway barracks), rooms are DISGUSTING because they live like fucking slobs. E6's down to E2's... living like fucking pigs.

We need the capable to join and create change from the inside. They need to educate the retards on the reasoning for not having your cell phone on you in the field, why you need to not be happy with shooting once a year and barely qualifying...amongst many things lol.

Future leaders need to be formed by those that are established and they need to help solve the problem. Otherwise we are fucked.

Everything is cyclical. If we aren't prepared, we will pay the price. We'll struggle, adapt, and establish ourselves. This life cycle has gone on since the first rock was thrown by a creature who made grunting noises.

That sucks about you getting called in for that man. Its in-fucking-sane. However we cant expect it to stop if our soldier politicians (GENs and COLs) don't stop towing the PC line and risk their career for the greater good.

I refuse to believe that abandoning it is the right way to fix it. I dunno. For a pessimistic fuck, this was pretty optimistic of me.

Reactions: Doc68
Its in-fucking-sane. However we cant expect it to stop if our soldier politicians (GENs and COLs) don't stop towing the PC line and risk their career for the greater good.

You'll be waiting a long ass time. Obama and his minions have damaged the senior officer corps beyond repair for at least a couple of decades.

Reactions: gunsnjeeps
I did not take an oath to serve any particular president -- some whom I loathe to this day.

I, and many in my immediate and extended families, swore to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I served to protect the nation, our people, and our way of life, and was willing to give my life in their defense. My son has taken that same oath and serves.
This ^^ 100%

I had this same thought wonder what the enlistment rate will be in a few years. Why would anyone want to serve under Obamas third term is beyond me.

Why would anyone want to serve under Obamas third term is beyond me.
Perhaps this?

I did not take an oath to serve any particular president -- some whom I loathe to this day.

I, and many in my immediate and extended families, swore to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I served to protect the nation, our people, and our way of life, and was willing to give my life in their defense. My son has taken that same oath and serves.
For part of my service our President was Jimmy Carter....the biggest waste of protoplasm to ever occupy the WH. AND, nobody was kissing our ass with "thank you for your service"....we were lucky to not get spit on.

Didn't matter.....my oath to serve was to some much higher than occupants of the WH or really any asshole politician.

If a person does not understand this, then they should never sign up and might want to consider retaking high school civic class, IMO.

I'm at 22 years in June and punching. I have a young son and daughter. If they chose to serve I would really push them the officer route...
Serving as an Officer is filled with WAY more political BS than being enlisted.

As to the question, yes I would still recommend the military. You learn a lot about yourself while gaining life experience. The education benefits are a big plus. You serve the Country, not the President. Now if loyalty pledges start happening then it's time to bail.

I served in the Marines (77-95, out on a medical), my son did an enlistment in Air Force and oldest grandson is currently on second enlistment in the Army (SSgt/Infantry). He really wanted to go Marine but had tattoos that disqualified him.

Reactions: Baron23
My son and daughter want to join the Army. There will be bullshit to deal with like always. I am okay with it. I did inform them that we will probably have a Dem in the White House for the next 12 years (going off of what my financial adviser believes). So, that means more than likely KH will be the president when they join. I may change my mind by then as the money has already been set aside for their college.

I am always amazed by people, civilians and military, who don't realize how politics works above the Department Head level from CNO down to XO's.

It's not just who's in the WH. I served my entire enlistment under Obama-- half of it in DC working for the White House Military Office; met him and Biden both personally. IDGAF about that. What pisses me off is the wholesale political agendas getting pushed on the military. Some of that comes from the WH but one dude isn't the cause for it all. There's a lot of folks pushing a lot of bullshit and it trickles down.

I saw what was there and what was coming and wasn't down for more. More concerned with force feeding women into combat roles, gender bender BS, putting the kid gloves on, officer micromanagement, pushing people out/away for shit like tattoos, etc... than creating/maintaining an effective fighting force. There's a disassociation with reality that exists in the American political arena that is bleeding over into the military. The rest of the world doesn't give a fuck and the military is our liaison with the rest of the world.

I'd say most of us joined in the mindset of defending the country and the constitution. I did anyway, never thought about the benefits until I was out processing. The reality is that the military gets used by politicians and it takes a long line of trust in the system and a lack of corruption to link many uses back to the defense of the constitution. Nothing new, just a different perspective 12 years later. Little to no faith in the system nor the politicians. Genuinely unsure about the stability of the future world scene. I wholeheartedly agree with the constitution and the context in which it was created. I question whether those in the top leadership positions in politics and the military are in the same boat or if they're for sale.

Reactions: Cmb1025
I served for 24 years and retired in 2006.
The month that I retired, my oldest graduated from Marine Corps basic.
He is doing very well, made Gunny in less than 14 years.
When I retired, I did not care for the way the navy was going, but in reality, it had been much like that for quite a while.
Women that were out of standards were given a pass, women that failed the PRT were given a pass and were recommended for promotion in direct violation of regulations.
Women are given priority for promotion.
It sounds like I bear a grudge against women, i don't, I absolutely HATE the preferential treatment given strictly on the base of sex, race etc...
I was torn when I left the service, I didn't want to go, but on the other hand, I didn't want to be a part of an organization that was promoting folks based on what blocks they checked, not whether they were worth a fuck.
I actually encouraged my son to join the Air Force, as they force feed you college, but the lazy ass Air Force recruiters wouldn't help him out, so he joined the Marines.
I would never encourage anyone to attend college, if you think for yourself, you will have a difficult time, and they don't teach you a fucking thing.
Trade school is where it is at.

Many of us on here are Vets and I, for one, am proud of my service as my avatar shows, but have mixed feelings as to some of the things I did in RVN. That was a lash-up, goatfuck, from the time I stepped off of the airplane when I got there until I went back up that ramp to go home and be greeted by the fine Citizens in Oakland, and that was not nice, but NOBODY spit on me, I think they knew not to do that and feared what kind of asskick would come from that. Grunts have a special kind of smell or demeanor that they knew not to fuck with that. I do question how many were actually spat upon and think that is a urban legend of some sort. They didn't didn't do that to me and I never saw it done to others, however, it was not a cordial homecoming and nobody thanked me for my service.

I took the Oath to protect the Constitution of the United States of America from all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC,
very little if any had anything to do with that Oath I swore when I was in RVN other than taking orders from those above me but I live by that Oath to this day. We did kill a lot of gooks but later in my tour I did have to question if what was going on in their country was happening here in CONUS, would I be VC?
The big thing is I was drafted, not a volunteer, I had my choice of the Army or Jail. What would you have done?
My 3 children watched what my service did to me and I have never encouraged them to sign up for a dose of that shit and none have done it and I am good with that.

I'm sorry to hear it, man. I'd like to defend your company COC, but I don't understand how making an exception for BLM masks is a good idea. The best I can offer is that company level leadership may seem like they have authority, but Company Commanders and 1SGs are still at a point in their career where they get overruled on many things, and could get squashed on the critical OERs/NCOERs that they depend on to reach retirement. So, you won't find many that intentionally rock the boat. I did in my first command, but I paid for it dearly and barely recovered. That said, if you find yourself in a town hall with higher ranking leadership at BN or above, I would consider asking the guidance of a commander or CSM at that level. Something simple, non-attributional, and to the point, like, "Should we correct Soldiers who wear BLM or other masks related to political or social movements?" I can't see how the answer would be anything other than yes.

Your question about the mask is too deep and too specific.
The answer of course is it doesn't meet standards/ written regulations.
If in doubt, keep a copy on your person that specifically addresses the issue (for reference of course). If a correction is warranted, cite the regulation, page and paragraph and move forward.
If your CO or higher enlisted don't support following regs, ask them to specify exactly which ones you can ignore, and which ones to enforce, and to put it in writing.
Trust me, they won't.

If they want to press the issue, stand your fucking ground and make them try to courts martial you for following regulations. Break that shit off in their asses.

I had to do the exact thing to a pair of wonderful MSgts and it delayed my promotion to E-7 by almost two years because they hammered me on my performance reports until both retired.

The difference is that I can still hold my head up and say I did the right thing.

Your question about the mask is too deep and too specific.
The answer of course is it doesn't meet standards/ written regulations.
If in doubt, keep a copy on your person that specifically addresses the issue (for reference of course). If a correction is warranted, cite the regulation, page and paragraph and move forward.
If your CO or higher enlisted don't support following regs, ask them to specify exactly which ones you can ignore, and which ones to enforce, and to put it in writing.
Trust me, they won't.

If they want to press the issue, stand your fucking ground and make them try to courts martial you for following regulations. Break that shit off in their asses.

I had to do the exact thing to a pair of wonderful MSgts and it delayed my promotion to E-7 by almost two years because they hammered me on my performance reports until both retired.

The difference is that I can still hold my head up and say I did the right thing.
Well, I appreciate your answer to it all if you can point me to the reg where it states no political references or similar on articles worn with the uniform. I mean that in sincerity too, as I could not find it in AR670-1, DA-PAM 670-1, and in general guidance from Army leadership on the Army-wide policy. Absent those things, it'll come down to his COC's policies, and since he's arguing with said company COC, he'd have to ask for the policy from higher, hence my recommendation.

I believe the regulation or Army-wide policy is out there, but failed to find it in my brief search, this morning. Do you know more?

Well, I appreciate your answer to it all if you can point me to the reg where it states no political references or similar on articles worn with the uniform. I mean that in sincerity too, as I could not find it in AR670-1, DA-PAM 670-1, and in general guidance from Army leadership on the Army-wide policy. Absent those things, it'll come down to his COC's policies, and since he's arguing with said company COC, he'd have to ask for the policy from higher, hence my recommendation.

I believe the regulation or Army-wide policy is out there, but failed to find it in my brief search, this morning. Do you know more?

Take this for what it's worth. I'm retired AF. Been retired since '04.

In my brief search of 3 minutes, I went to the public US Army website.
Found a 16 Dec, 20 article from the Army Times on new facemasks.
The article references wearer guidelines to be linked at the bottom of the article.

Clicked on the link and here's what it said:

Screenshot_20210120-183134_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210120-183144_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210120-183153_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210120-183205_Chrome.jpg

The 4 images are screen shots about guidance.
I cannot, for the life of me believe that HHQ has not issued specific guidance or regulation that is accessible to the troops.
Maybe you need to look deeper.

The second pic says it all.
Soldiers will not wear masks with printed wording,.....

Pretty cut and dried to me.

My bro has been in the service for a good portion of his adult life, in two branches. He has done and continues to do some amazing things that are part of his "job". Like anything though, I am always surprised that he can become just as jaded (if not more) than anyone that has a regular job. His disdain for govt inefficiency is rabid, and I would say that probably bothers him the most. He works with a small group of people primarily however and I think that is why he has been doing it so long. I am his brother by blood, but he has many others that he has worked with over the years, and that doesn't bother me at all.

Take this for what it's worth. I'm retired AF. Been retired since '04.

In my brief search of 3 minutes, I went to the public US Army website.
Found a 16 Dec, 20 article from the Army Times on new facemasks.
The article references wearer guidelines to be linked at the bottom of the article.

Clicked on the link and here's what it said:

The 4 images are screen shots about guidance.
I cannot, for the life of me believe that HHQ has not issued specific guidance or regulation that is accessible to the troops.
Maybe you need to look deeper.

The second pic says it all.
Soldiers will not wear masks with printed wording,.....

Pretty cut and dried to me.
Cut and dried to me too, but his company COC is who needs to be convinced. I'd still like to know a reference in the form of regulation, milper, or policy letter. I've found the article on army.mil. So, that's a start.

Last edited:
Cut and dried to me too, but his company COC is who needs to be convinced. I'd still like to know a reference in the form of regulation, milper, or policy letter. I've found the article on army.mil. So, that's a start.

That's simple. Have his COC provide the written guidance he's using...

That's simple. Have his COC provide the written guidance he's using...
I found the official source, thanks to searching the exact words that you took screen shots of above. So, thanks for that. Perhaps it will be helpful to @Doc68

If not, at a minimum, I'll have the source to cite if/when I make the same correction, as I very much intend to if I see a Soldier wielding a political face mask.

FRAGO 20 to EXORD 144-20, attached at FRAGO 19, 20, and 21 to HQDA EXORD 144-20 Army Wide Preparedness and Response to Coronavirus (Covid-19) Outbreak (FOUO) , added guidance on the wear of face masks. The below guidance is from Army G-1 Uniform Policy.

The neck gaiter and other cloth items used as face coverings, such as bandanas and scarves, are authorized to be worn. The cloth face covering must cover the mouth and nose, and extend to the chin or below, as well as extend to the sides of the face. The cloth face covering must also be secured or fastened to the face in a manner that allows the Soldier to breathe and also helps prevent exposure to contamination. The use of a cloth face covering does not completely prevent illness or eliminate the need to continue primary mitigation efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19; however, these items are recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help provide protection from exposure. Soldiers, Department of the Army civilians, and their families are encouraged to wear these items on and off DoD installations in public settings and where other social distancing efforts are difficult to maintain.

Soldiers will not wear cloth face coverings that have printed wording; profane, racist, demeaning or derogatory logos, script or imagery. Soldiers will not attempt cutting clothing materials, such as Army Combat Uniforms, to use for cloth face coverings as uniforms may have been treated with chemicals. To the extent practicable and when available, cloth face coverings will be subdued in color and conform to the Army uniform. Leaders are asked to approach this matter as a force protection issue and use their best judgment regarding permissible color and design of face coverings. Leaders must also help Soldiers verify the utility of their cloth face coverings. Soldiers will be highly encouraged to replace cloth face covering if soiled, damaged, or difficult to breathe through.

Updates to this guidance will be provided as conditions change. The HQDA, DCS G-1 point of contact is SGM Brian Sanders, Uniform Policy Branch SGM
Direct verbiage can be found in the FRAGO itself.
From FRAGO 20 TO HQDA EXORD 144-20:
3.C.84.A.2. (U) [ADD] SOLDIERS WILL NOT WEAR MASKS THAT HAVE PRINTED WORDING, PROFANITY, RACIST, DEMEANING OR DEROGATORY LOGOS, SCRIPT OR IMAGERY. SOLDIERS MUST NOT ATTEMPT TO CUT UP CLOTHING MATERIALS SUCH AS ARMY COMBAT UNIFORMS TO USE FOR FACE MASKS AS THESE MAY HAVE BEEN TREATED WITH CHEMICALS. IF AVAILABLE, CLOTH COLORS SHOULD BE SUBDUED AND CONFORM TO THE UNIFORM. LEADERS SHOULD APPROACH THIS AS A FORCE PROTECTION ISSUE; THEY ARE ASKED TO USE THEIR BEST JUDGMENT REGARDING THE CLOTH COLOR AND DESIGN OF FACE MASKS AND MUST ALSO CHECK FOR THE SERVICEABILITY OF FACE-SHIELDING MATERIALS. SOLDIERS SHOULD REPLACE ITEMS THAT BECOME SOILED, DAMAGED, OR DIFFICULT TO BREATHE THROUGH.

No, if they want to start a new war let some of these snowflakes and SJW's go and fight it.

I was in 26 years. Got out when I couldn't stomach the changes going on. I was 1st Sergeant for ten years and watched the changes first hand.

No, I would not want mine to go in now. But would support him if he wanted to go in.

I just ETS’d from the Army. Landed a great job and now kinda regret getting out after one contract. I loved and hated the Army. My unit was very toxic, morale was low and so was the quality of our training. So I left.

I still have the desire to serve in a higher capacity than I am now. I’m considering reenlisting. But obviously there’s risk. I have a good job, and a future wife.

I’d serve for our Nation but also for the people who’ve volunteered to put their lives on the line with me.

I once came very close to signing, but the AF recruiter wasn't a very good liar. I have found other way to serve my country. I think it is sad that the party currently in charge (whatever that be) does not uphold the Constitution and trying to divide a country further. So, if they are in the process of vetting servicemen, are they going to weed out those that are conservative? Or just send them to "front line" scenarios? I would seriously question motives of those in power, as if enough lives haven't been lost for questionable motives. If they go thru with free tuition I think I'm gonna need a fourth degree. What say you?

Doesn't matter where you live or what you do for a living, questionable behavior and morally corrupt people are everywhere.
You can't escape it.

My 17yr old stepson has wanted to be a Marine Grunt since forever.

Rebecca and I have had many, many heart to heart conversations with him regarding the choice to become a Grunt vs something with a future.

Grunt it will be.

However, just yesterday he's questioning his decision to even bother enlisting. With the world situation, the new administration and the fact that he's hearing chatter about 46 trying to get us into a war, (probably to take the focus off of himself) he's wondering if it's the right choice.

Whatever he does, we'll support him, but, we'll encourage him to follow his heart and his head.
46 will have us bleeding before year end. By "us", I mean some of the best young people America has....and I think that's part of their evil plan, kill off the real intelligent and promising of the next generation to keep the sheep in the fence.