• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

For you guys that are paying to shoot 1K yards..

DiverDon,

Exactly! Fallon is my hometown, BTW. It doesn't look quite right, but the top pick looks like the volcanic plug we call "titty-top", the mid pic looks like you are just past Kennametal and the backside of that little ridge in front of you would be Toulon. Yes, in the past, some idiot put a town there.:rolleyes: Trinity is about 7-8? more miles which is the junction of 95/80

Those adobe flats are wonderful for spotting. They kick up dust even for .22's on a dry day.:giggle:

I don't know how much of what areas they are trying to take. They've actually relaxed both land and airspace over the Lahontan Valley, while taking land (and airspace) over in Dixie Valley. There's plenty of room out there. And, I'm all for their training. But, when it becomes a "Fuck you, it's mine" attitude I'll jump all over that. When they shut people out of the center of the state, where the best deer hunting is, I'll really go ballistic. There's no need to take that. They can do what they need, south of the base, all around B-17 and B-20 (Dixie Valley)
I’ll
Pm you you the name of the top pic

Diver-edit:)

Exactly! Fallon is my hometown, BTW.

Those adobe flats are wonderful for spotting. They kick up dust even for .22's on a dry day.:giggle:

Yes, but For those not familiar the centers tend to be had pan. First time shooters will often miss low and catch a splash on the hill behind the target as the bullet rolls up, thinking they’re shooting high; which makes the whole thing worse.

We set the targets on the edges where the winds deposit windblown dirt. Makes as mentioned by Sandwarrior for great splash. The only down side it isn’t uncommon to get big wind....

Below it was gusting to 40.. before we even drove back to our FFP, my wind flags had blown away—

Last edited:
Reactions: acudaowner
I pay $100/year for a place to shoot within 15 minutes of my house. The range only goes out to 530y on paper or steal that I bring myself, or I can shoot to 1150y at rocks of various sizes. Or when I go 'home' to the farm, I can reach out to 1800y from one spot, for free.

I don’t want to know how much I pay in taxes every year...

This is public land in AK. But I have also shot on public land in NV and CA.

When I was in Georgia, Arena did their UKD range, and I want to say it was $40-50 a day, out to 2100 yards.

Attachments

• B27FFA09-8E75-4733-8443-C0E7E3CA61A4.jpeg
    B27FFA09-8E75-4733-8443-C0E7E3CA61A4.jpeg
    371.4 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: bearring
I'm a member at Strategic Edge in Chapel, TN (40 miles or so south of Nashville) and since I'm 65 yrs old my annual fee is $175.00 and the range currently goes out to 1250 yards. There's been talk of moving it out to 1500 and then 1760 with a use fee even for members to cover the cost to have a RO there to make sure shooters have their dope correct and aren't just lobing rounds over the berms.

Greg

Last edited:
How much are you paying for range time, and where are you shooting?
Not that I'll be able to reach it, but 2k yards for $715/annually. When I consider a private range for $1.95/day over the course of a year....that took about .86 seconds to say yes. Buddy has 300WM so will be buying some ammo for that cannon to see how far we can get!

This pic was taken on the eastern edge of smith valley. That’s Mt. Siegel in the background.
For some reason when I first saw that pic I was thinking center of the state. But, that's Shoshone valley and Smith Creek on the west side. This is right on the western border.

I'm in the process of building one out to a grand off of 190 in the Erwinville area.

That would be a doable drive for me (Lafayette). Will this be open to members or just a private range?

I'm extremely lucky in that I can shoot to 600 in my backyard and while I dont have the ability, I have the opportunity to shoot well past two miles on my father's property fifteen minutes down the road.

Reactions: jasent
I live in Houston. All the Longrange ranges are members-only, with none of them accepting members currently except for 2 that I know of in a 200 mile area. The Ranch TX and CCC both are 1:20 drive from me. I just joined The Ranch and shot my first ever 1k on my first time there. Membership is over $1000.00/yr but unlimited shooting day/night, rooms at the lodge to spend the night if one wants, and good facilities. They are talking about opening up to a mile at some point. Steel targets everywhere, 12 different ranges, and no overbearing supervision. Calibers up to .50 BMG, rapid fire if you want, do what you need to train, as long as you're responsible. (have to qualify at all ranges before you're set free to use the facility.

Other option is American Shooting Centers, which is almost an hour drive for me, but is public, and limit to 600 yds which is usually closed because of constant flooding. Also is public so gotta deal with the occasional idiots sending rounds over the berms. Need to qualify at 300 before you're allowed to go prone or use the 400, 500, 600. Only viable option for most at about 20 bucks per rifle per day.

Attachments

• IMG_0595.jpg
    IMG_0595.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    598.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    875.5 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: R-B
Anyone know of a spot semi close to central nc? I've looked in to frontline defense but at 3.5ish hours and not being able to bring anyone with me to the 1k range (my cousin shoots with me most of the time so I dont like going alone) I havent brought myself to join. I can get about 300 on my neighbors land but that's really not even starting to stretch out.

Living in upstate NY I am very fortunate to be able to shoot 1000 on a friends land about a mile away from me or 300 on family land close by. Most “ranges” (rod & gun clubs) around here are 100-200 and have some sort of yearly dues.

Attachments

• A61E7AF0-BE7B-4913-8905-45D4B1DDDF36.png
    A61E7AF0-BE7B-4913-8905-45D4B1DDDF36.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 28