• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For you H4350 powder hounds...

Fursniper

Captain, USMM (retired)
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Arizona
Bruno's is currently taking back orders for their incoming shipment of 8 pound jugs of H4350 ($230 + fees, etc). Let the "freeforall" begin.....

At $230+ I'll pass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Yeah it's getting ridiculous. I just paid $249+tax at a local shop. I was desperate though so at least this way I get to keep shooting and still could be worse I guess.

ETA: What have most of you guys been paying per 8lb jug for H4350? What I paid seems high but I haven't been paying attention lately.

Last edited:
It will not ease your pain, but on this side of the pond we have to put on the desk 100 bucks for each 1 lb jar. And wait some months too before they deliver.

Yeah it's getting ridiculous. I just paid $249+tax at a local shop. I was desperate though so at least this way I get to keep shooting and still could be worse I guess.

ETA: What have most of you guys been paying per 8lb jug for H4350? What I paid seems high but I haven't been paying attention lately.

$249 is definately high but everything I have seen in any kind of retail venue for 8 pounders has been over $200 for the last couple of years. Prices are usually below that for online sites if you're lucky enough to find availibility but then you have hazmat & shipping as it seems so it all sort of evens out regardless. Last jugs I got were $210 (retail). I've heard half a dozen stories why this particular powder is in short supply, not sure what to believe anymore. The best solution is to find an alternative you can live with.

It will not ease your pain, but on this side of the pond we have to put on the desk 100 bucks for each 1 lb jar. And wait some months too before they deliver.

What the hell? I thought they made the stuff over there. That's just plain insanity......

Coming from a dealer perspective, a few years ago, dealer cost on an 8lb of Varget/H4350 was 160 +/- a buck or two, now they are 197.30. I'm a little dealer so I suspect there are even deeper discounts for people who buy a lot more than I do. We still have to pay hazmat in most cases. Selling it at 249 per 8lbs is about 25% profit on a very high demand item. Don't know what is reasonable to one person, but if you've ever been in business, you're in the business to make money. I would also venture to say that the smartphone in your pocket probably has a significantly higher margin than 25%.

Powder Valley's new web site allows you to place back orders. Your order will most likely be filled within a couple of months at a more reasonable cost than the prices I've seen being asked recently.

I myself reward Powder Valley with my business as they have never played the gouging game when others did

3rd generation posted that they have it coming onto their web site this AM at 11:20 whatever time zone.

RMD

My supplier indicated that Hodgdon's has raised their costs each year over the last two years. Maybe it's Hodgdon's who is long in the tooth.

So I didn't know for small retailers that the price was so high for their cost. That explains some given the shop I went too is very small. I like supporting B&M local places but it's getting a little ridiculous. I just need to buy a hulk order online as that hazmat fee spread out over about 48 lbs isn't bad.

ETA: as far as I know if stored at room temp inside ans not opened powder has a very long shelf life. I go through 12-16lb of H4350 a year so not much risk of it spoiling.

I dont know how they can sell it for that but I'm glad at least someone is getting a decent deal....

Seems like the hunt for H4350 may be getting easier. I keep my feelers out with several LGS and in the last couple of weeks, all of them have contacted me with it in stock. Prices are decent - $189.99 for 8 lbs. I bought a couple and left several on the shelf. The 1 lb'ers were $29.99 IIRC.

I kind of like it how we (as a precision rifle community) have sort of turned a cold shoulder to 4350 as supply is finally slightly coming back. Hodgon has been blue balling us for a few years now on 4350, so I moved on from it.

Powder Valley's new web site allows you to place back orders. Your order will most likely be filled within a couple of months at a more reasonable cost than the prices I've seen being asked recently.

I myself reward Powder Valley with my business as they have never played the gouging game when others did

This^^^ When everyone else was gouging people, they kept their prices the same. Some good, honest folks IMHO at PV...

I kind of like it how we (as a precision rifle community) have sort of turned a cold shoulder to 4350 as supply is finally slightly coming back. Hodgon has been blue balling us for a few years now on 4350, so I moved on from it.

I guess it depends where you are and if you shop online or not. I have had 8lb and 1lb jugs on the shelf at 2 different LGS for years. To this day they have it on the shelf still. It is also in stock online every few months at various online retailers. Yes, it sells fast but its out there.

Recob's still has 8lb jugs. i bought 2 jugs and it came out about $430 shipped to PRK. they have some website glitch so a nice lady will call you, or you can call her and she'll add in $32 hazmat fee. so about $215/8lb.

midsouth shooters had it for about $200/8lb but is now OOS

Recob's still has 8lb jugs. i bought 2 jugs and it came out about $430 shipped to PRK. they have some website glitch so a nice lady will call you, or you can call her and she'll add in $32 hazmat fee. so about $215/8lb.

midsouth shooters had it for about $200/8lb but is now OOS

I was just coming here to post the same thing. It's still showing in stock. I just bought an eight pound jug myself.
Now I just need some 6.5 Creedmoor brass and bullets.

I have a ton of h4350, is it shows up loacall on the regular now. Began tinkering with RL16. About to post up some Creedmoor results. Lookin good. I might prefer it over h4350 and IMR 4451 frankly!

Looks like it depends what site people are checking since both are still active. New Powder Valley site says In Stock, old Powder Valley site says Out of Stock.

i'm curious, how many lbs do you guys normally purchase? i have about 4-5lbs left, but decided to purchase more. picked up 20lbs (1lb containers) from midsouth and 16lbs (2x8lb) from recobs. and 8lb jug of Varget. I remember last year, i could not find Varget except LGS and they wanted something like $280 for 8lbs.

Depends on shipping charges. PVI will ship up to 48lbs under one hazmat, so they get a lot (if not all) my powder orders. In for a penny, in for a pound...it'll all get used eventually.

i'm curious, how many lbs do you guys normally purchase? i have about 4-5lbs left, but decided to purchase more. picked up 20lbs (1lb containers) from midsouth and 16lbs (2x8lb) from recobs. and 8lb jug of Varget. I remember last year, i could not find Varget except LGS and they wanted something like $280 for 8lbs.

You can never have enough...lolol.

I bought a couple eight pounders for $159 each locally recently.
Do not think I would pay $240 plus the hasmat fee.
Unless I was totally out of H4350 and Varget.