• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes For you M40a1/MST-100 guys

long-shot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2003
Missouri
I'm shooting a tac tourney tomorrow, and decided to bring out the old girl for the match. I zeroed today, and had to remember how zero the scope. It seems every time I forget, and then have to relearn.

I thought you guys waiting for your scopes could use a fix. I'll update with my results after my match.

DSCN0220.jpg

DSCN0221.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0225.jpg

Re: For you M40a1/MST-100 guys

Ahhhhh...much much better!
smile.gif
Thank you! Now for the details on the build??
grin.gif
VERY Nice BTW !

It was a spec build on a return stock done by Eric when he was still at GAP. 6 digit action, contract barrel, etc...

The tags are in fact my drop charts. I do this with all my long range rifles. I can give them a quick check and not break position.

Let me tell you something cous, you're a better man than I am. First thing I noticed in your pics wasn't your awesome rifle, it was that big assed propane tank downrange. No way I'm shooting with that downrange without putting a few rounds in it. Kind of like when I'm driving and see something in the road, I just can't help myself but hit it. I'd have blown that fucker up quick.

Beautiful weapon, and nice groups too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me tell you something cous, you're a better man than I am. First thing I noticed in your pics wasn't your awesome rifle, it was that big assed propane tank downrange. No way I'm shooting with that downrange without putting a few rounds in it. Kind of like when I'm driving and see something in the road, I just can't help myself but hit it. I'd have blown that fucker up quick.

Beautiful weapon, and nice groups too! </div></div>

A propane tank won't explode when fired at...Ask me how I know...
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcm308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me tell you something cous, you're a better man than I am. First thing I noticed in your pics wasn't your awesome rifle, it was that big assed propane tank downrange. No way I'm shooting with that downrange without putting a few rounds in it. Kind of like when I'm driving and see something in the road, I just can't help myself but hit it. I'd have blown that fucker up quick.

Beautiful weapon, and nice groups too! </div></div>

A propane tank won't explode when fired at...Ask me how I know...
smirk.gif
</div></div>

It does if you duct tape a road flare to it first. Not trying to be a jerk, or a know it all, but I've forgot more since I woke up this morning about shooting/blowing up propane tanks and a lot of other stuff than most folks ever knew.

laugh.gif

I'm the first to admit that she's harder to shoot well than my A5 Remington 700 .308 with my USO, but that doesn't mean any less fun. It's truly a special rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My deepest apologies!

DSCN0236.jpg

DSCN0235.jpg

DSCN0237.jpg
</div></div>

Please refrain from posting these pictures.
frown.gif

Where is Tecumseh, Missouri?

Southern Missouri... Pretty much the heart of the Ozarks near West Plains.

Glad to see your gonna make it.

At least now i have chance since your leavin your can at home... lol

Scott

Well when it was all settled we had 15 mph wind gusts, and temperatures in the low to mid 50's. I finished 3rd so the old girl didn't disappoint. This match was from 100 to 700 yards.

DSCN0240.jpg

DSCN0243.jpg

All ranges are marked by their pasties except 700 witch were left unmarked.

Handloads:

175 SMK
43.5 grains Varget
Win hulls
CCI 200 primers
Around 2675 fps

I used the BDC out to 400 without any changes, and then went down 1 MOA for the rest. It looks close enough for me given that optics intention.

Great shooting yesterday, it was nice to shoot with you guys again.

You would have gotten first if you'd counted your shot on target 6...
wink.gif

Shawn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You would have gotten first if you'd counted your shot on target 6...
wink.gif

Shawn </div></div>

And thank you for reminding me! I love focus, breath, trigger pull.... bang, and wrong damn target. SHIT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Handloads:

175 SMK
43.5 grains Varget
Win hulls
CCI 200 primers
Around 2675 fps

I used the BDC out to 400 without any changes, and then went down 1 MOA for the rest. It looks close enough for me given that optic's intention.</div></div>

Were the 1 MOA down changes due to the cooler weather, or was the Varget stable enough for you in changing temperatures?

I'll take pictures like this over some skank with "daddy issues" spreading her legs to make a buck any day of the week.

Sorry, I know it's a little off topic, I'm just sayin'...

Ha I use the same two targets your using to sight in with. Convenient one inch squares can't beat em