• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ford Front End Question

308skinner

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 23, 2006
    Indiana
    Well i have a 2001 F150 4X4. I just changed brakes and rotors cause i was hearing a squealing noise. Well that was not the problem. I still have the noise it sounds like its coming from the front passenger tire. I dont think its the wheel bearing but im not sure i need to check that. What else could it be?

Re: Ford Front End Question

ball joints, sway barlink kit? check all you bushings

I aslo change the sway bar link. It was broke on the driver side so i changed both. Ill check the ball joints in the am to see if i can find out more.

IFS or solid front axle? If IFS You can check the hub by jacking the tire off of the ground and checking for play by pushing/pulling on the 12 o'clock position of the tire.

Did you put the grease that came with the pads on the back side of the pads? I know it sounds crazy. But I did brakes on my girlfriends car. They still make a squeak. Not bad but a squeak. If you have anti-seize it works also. Remove pads apply to the metal side of the pad.Reinstall. Not saying that is the problem. But it fixed mine.

No i dont think i did put the grase on it. When i have it apart i will do that for sure.

Use the stuff that came with the pads or anti-seize. The important spots are the metal pad where it touches the caliper-piston. You get the idea.

When does it squeal? Does it squeal when braking, slowing speeding, turning, etc. That would help to trace your problem.

When im just moving down the road. It does get a little louder when i brake. The back to the same noise when im at 55 again.