• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Foreign made gun "modifications".

Hunbramericano

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2012
Florida
I am interested of the opinion of you guys since gives me the impression that a big part of the groups are more professional than most other forums.
I like the Beretta CX4 it appear to be a nice toy.
The last few years I have seen many Beretta CX4 with suppressors / threaded barrels. I have seen 5 or 6 and since the gun is not that common, it is “many” for me. One dealer who has the gun on stock and also does threading told me that his gunsmith said he can’t thread it because of the size of the barrel. That made no sense for me since I saw it threaded before.
I did a search and many people on other forums states that it is not legal to thread the barrel. They refer to a law that appear to be a little confusing since I have seen other foreign guns with after market threaded barrels. It has none to do with length but with suppressor also being a flash-hider and it supposed to make the gun a non-sporting arm.
Other dealer also had told me that it “was” illegal before but not anymore.
Thank you for your thoughts and opinions.

we have german made sigs and HKs with threaded barrels. the XD(M)s are made in croatia, and storm lake makes threaded barrels. glocks are made in austria and many have aftermarket threaded barrels.

The law folks are taking about is 922r, which loosely speaking prohibits making from imported parts firearms that cannot be imported. If the imported parts count is not more than 10, then the gun is GTG. The gun can clearly be threaded, as Texas Governor Rick Perry has done it:

The law folks are taking about is 922r, which loosely speaking prohibits making from imported parts firearms that cannot be imported. If the imported parts count is not more than 10, then the gun is GTG. The gun can clearly be threaded, as Texas Governor Rick Perry has done it:

I would pay to see my governor with guns posing on pictures, and that is the same gun...lol