• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 1 Diversified machine.

matleez

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2012
Ohio
so I ordered a kit from Diversified machine and a tube from the, the tube was the asr one, that is backordered but they state on their site 8-10 days for backorders to ship. 10 days later my kit shipped but my tube didnt. this purchase was on the 13th of Nov. has anyone here ordered from them and seen really long wait times on getting things? i tried calling and emailing them but with no luck at all. i feel like its a good company but kinda left in the dark at the moment with my tube order.

so I ordered a kit from Diversified machine and a tube from the, the tube was the asr one, that is backordered but they state on their site 8-10 days for backorders to ship. 10 days later my kit shipped but my tube didnt. this purchase was on the 13th of Nov. has anyone here ordered from them and seen really long wait times on getting things? i tried calling and emailing them but with no luck at all. i feel like its a good company but kinda left in the dark at the moment with my tube order.

Yep, I ordered a 1.5 x 8 Ti kit and got the tube 3 weeks before the cones. Seems demand is even higher now that a couple of the other companies went out of business, but it was worth the wait though really nice quality.

Did you get everything yet and get it all set up?

I want to order a 7” Premium Titanium kit at 1.750” OD but every time I look it is Out of Stock and I haven’t been able to get ahold of them via email or phone so I haven’t placed a Backorder yet

If you don't want to wait anymore, or have lost confidence it's actually coming, I bet Ecco Machine could make you a tube to fit the rest of your kit.

That whole communication black out, never answering phones or emails is something DM is well known for, and is why I won't do any business with them.

Reactions: AMGtuned
Did you get everything yet and get it all set up?

I want to order a 7” Premium Titanium kit at 1.750” OD but every time I look it is Out of Stock and I haven’t been able to get ahold of them via email or phone so I haven’t placed a Backorder yet

Yes, and turned out great and ordered another set of spacers from another stamp build 3/3 and got them 3/23 and after I placed the order I didn’t have any other coms with DM until I got my shipping confirmation email from them.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if you order parts and assemble the suppressor yourself, do you avoid the need for a tax stamp? Or is there some other reason for doing it this way? Is quality as good and suppression as good as with a commercial item?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if you order parts and assemble the suppressor yourself, do you avoid the need for a tax stamp? Or is there some other reason for doing it this way? Is quality as good and suppression as good as with a commercial item?

DO NOT ASSEMBLE THE SUPPRESSOR WITHOUT THE TAX STAMP!!!

I'm pretty sure you can have the parts for the suppressor but until you have the tax stamp back and approved you can not assemble it nor tap the bore but don't take my word for it, I may be wrong about having the parts beforehand. Others here that are more knowledgeable on the laws can chime in here. But anything but waiting for the approved stamp back will get you mucho time in federal pound me in the ass prison. No good. I don't know if the ATF audits the companies that produce baffles or not or how they know but regardless its not a good idea.

Thanks. This is the first time I've heard of a Form 1 Tax stamp. Reading up a little on it, I see it is generally issued more quickly than a normal suppressor stamp. Maybe I'll give this a try.

DO NOT ASSEMBLE THE SUPPRESSOR WITHOUT THE TAX STAMP!!!

I'm pretty sure you can have the parts for the suppressor but until you have the tax stamp back and approved you can not assemble it nor tap the bore but don't take my word for it, I may be wrong about having the parts beforehand. Others here that are more knowledgeable on the laws can chime in here. But anything but waiting for the approved stamp back will get you mucho time in federal pound me in the ass prison. No good. I don't know if the ATF audits the companies that produce baffles or not or how they know but regardless its not a good idea.
Basically all correct. Biggest no no is to drill the baffles before receiving the approval/stamp. DO NOT DO IT !

The application process has never been simpler or faster. Just make application along with your $200.00 payment (no getting around that), wait for 30'ish days. When you receive the approved Form 1 and Stamp, then go ahead and finish manufacturing the suppressor. Don't screw around and play games. If you get caught, the penalties are (as Flyingbullseye says) "ass poundingly significant".

Good advice. Thanks. I will NOT drill anything without the stamp!

Good advice. Thanks. I will NOT drill anything without the stamp!

Just to make sure you're aware, it's the E-filed F1s that are running 30-40 days. Filing a paper F1 is still possible, but not advisable because then your wait will be the same as is if you had paper filed an F4 (9-12 months vs 1-2).

Last edited:
Reactions: Threadcutter308
No, I did not know that. Thanks again for more useful information.

Just to make sure you're aware, it's the E-filed F1s that are running 30-40 days. Filing a paper F1 is still possible, but not advisable because then your wait will be the same as is if you had paper filed a F4 (9-12 months vs 1-2).
That is a significant piece of information !

Thanks very much ! (y) (y) (y)

Ecco Machine and Diversified Machine have been mentioned in this thread. Any other companies that make unassembled solvent traps? Any suggestion of which one is better? Or is it more a question of going with the company that delivers with a reasonable time? I like the drill guide that Ecco has.

@epoletna Go check out form1suppressor.boards.net TONS of information there on building your own suppressor. Just make sure to read everything you can prior to asking questions as most everything you would want to know is already on the site. The "Tutorial" on the site has a lot of good basic information, but some of it is outdated as you will read in other threads about suppressor design, baffle clipping etc. (IE: using the DHC baffle clip method).

As others have mentioned it is ok to have the un-assembled/un-drilled parts in your possession prior to receiving your stamp, just do NOT drill anything including the end cap prior to receiving your stamp. Doing so can constitute "constructive intent" and as others have mentioned the penalties are butt clenching. Current efile approvals are running between 20-40 calendar days from time of filing. I submitted my current trust efile form 1 on 2-6-20 and received approval on 3-9-20 and this included rolling my own prints and mailing them to the NFA. Several sites such as https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/ have a walk thru on how to efile as an individual or a trust to make the process simple.

As far as companies that make unassembled solvent traps, Nick over @ ecco doesn't supply full trap kits for you to assemble. He can make your individual parts or as an SOT he can "recore" your existing can as well as making brakes, adapters etc. I had him make my adapter for my Maverick tube, 2 helical brakes and currently have sent off my tube, adapter and end cap for engraving and Moly Resin coating. Great communication and outstanding quality imo.

While DM is one of the top manufacturers of quality parts, you WILL be waiting awhile for your items to arrive. If you purchase from him just go in with the attitude of "buy it and forget it" and you will be happy once it actually arrives. There are several other suppliers who have quality parts depending on what caliber host you will be using. I've sourced items thru several companies as well as individuals. When they have them in stock, Maverick precision has some great quality tubes and internals especially if you are considering a centerfire rifle build. Here are a couple links to places that USUALLY have items in stock in reasonable time frames as well as quality parts depending on application:

If you want more info here, post what caliber(s) you are thinking of suppressing, host gun and length and I will try to help any way I can. Good luck!

Reactions: fanninland
Thanks for all that, Gibs. Lots of information to process.

I'm thinking of suppressing a 6.5 mm Creedmoor.

And if one suppressor would work on a 6.5 Creedmoor AND a .22 rimfire, that would interest me.

You CAN make one suppressor that would work on both, but it would not work ideally on either. Centerfire rilfes prefer a different style of baffle as well as much larger baffle spacing in order to strip off the laminar flow of the gasses vs a rimfire can that prefers radials or K baffles with as many crammed into the tube as you can. Not to mention diameter of a suppressor designed for a rifle then interfering with your sights on a pistol. Also First round pop (FRP) will be much more significant on the .22 when run thru a centerfire can. It's not as simple as just boring out for the largest caliber and having the suppressor sound great on both. Spend a couple hours reading on the form1 forum and you'll learn tons of basic info that will help point you in the right direction.

Thanks, Gibs. I guessed I was expecting too much to use one for both centerfire and rim fire rifle.

Now I'm wondering if there is any benefit in making my own, other than having the stamp and suppressor in my hands in less time. Cost appears to be about equal either way. I'm guessing the people who make the kits understand this and price their kits accordingly. Back to the drawing board, so to speak.

@epoletna Go check out form1suppressor.boards.net TONS of information there on building your own suppressor. Just make sure to read everything you can prior to asking questions as most everything you would want to know is already on the site. The "Tutorial" on the site has a lot of good basic information, but some of it is outdated as you will read in other threads about suppressor design, baffle clipping etc. (IE: using the DHC baffle clip method).

As others have mentioned it is ok to have the un-assembled/un-drilled parts in your possession prior to receiving your stamp, just do NOT drill anything including the end cap prior to receiving your stamp. Doing so can constitute "constructive intent" and as others have mentioned the penalties are butt clenching. Current efile approvals are running between 20-40 calendar days from time of filing. I submitted my current trust efile form 1 on 2-6-20 and received approval on 3-9-20 and this included rolling my own prints and mailing them to the NFA. Several sites such as https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/ have a walk thru on how to efile as an individual or a trust to make the process simple.

As far as companies that make unassembled solvent traps, Nick over @ ecco doesn't supply full trap kits for you to assemble. He can make your individual parts or as an SOT he can "recore" your existing can as well as making brakes, adapters etc. I had him make my adapter for my Maverick tube, 2 helical brakes and currently have sent off my tube, adapter and end cap for engraving and Moly Resin coating. Great communication and outstanding quality imo.

While DM is one of the top manufacturers of quality parts, you WILL be waiting awhile for your items to arrive. If you purchase from him just go in with the attitude of "buy it and forget it" and you will be happy once it actually arrives. There are several other suppliers who have quality parts depending on what caliber host you will be using. I've sourced items thru several companies as well as individuals. When they have them in stock, Maverick precision has some great quality tubes and internals especially if you are considering a centerfire rifle build. Here are a couple links to places that USUALLY have items in stock in reasonable time frames as well as quality parts depending on application:

If you want more info here, post what caliber(s) you are thinking of suppressing, host gun and length and I will try to help any way I can. Good luck!

I’m wanting to do a suppressor for 22 Creedmoor. Current plan is the Premium Titanium Kit from Diversified Machine. 7” long by 1.750” OD.

Have any better recommendations? I want to keep it lighter and max length of 7” as it’s for a coyote hunting rig. Don’t mind going up to 2” OD for more volume for suppression though.

I’m wanting to do a suppressor for 22 Creedmoor. Current plan is the Premium Titanium Kit from Diversified Machine. 7” long by 1.750” OD.

Have any better recommendations? I want to keep it lighter and max length of 7” as it’s for a coyote hunting rig. Don’t mind going up to 2” OD for more volume for suppression though.
did you ever get it from DM? i'm leaning away from using them this lack of coms thing doesn't work for me.....waiting on order placed?

did you ever get it from DM? i'm leaning away from using them this lack of coms thing doesn't work for me.....waiting on order placed?

Have not placed an order. Currently in the process of moving cities and I have not gotten an email back from DM. Which makes me hesitate to pay for something on their site

Ecco Machine and Diversified Machine have been mentioned in this thread. Any other companies that make unassembled solvent traps? Any suggestion of which one is better? Or is it more a question of going with the company that delivers with a reasonable time? I like the drill guide that Ecco has.
We offer the Quell Tech Mod-U-Less and hope to have a 5/8x24 threaded product by September.

Have not placed an order. Currently in the process of moving cities and I have not gotten an email back from DM. Which makes me hesitate to pay for something on their site

I’d recommend maverick precision, just bought a tube from them as soon as some came back in stock and it shipped fast. Solvent traps are in very high demand right now.

Mavericks tubes are pure perfection. The only real negative I could see towards Maverick is they don't make a 9in tube. Just 6, 7 and 8in. If you're making a full size form 1 can how much that 1 inch will make a difference over a usual 9in can I'm not sure. Probably not too much all things the same.

Last edited:
Mavericks tubes are pure perfection. The only real negative I could see towards Maverick is they don't make a 9in tube. Just 6, 7 and 8in. If you're making a full size form 1 can how much that 1 inch will make a difference over a usual 9in can I'm not sure. Probably not too much all things the same.
Layout can make all the difference. Might not even need that inch, pending the host. Although in some cases, more might not be enough....

part of the advantage of building your own is the modularity. Can buy cheap aluminum baffles for a rimfire design and more expensive baffles/spacers for the higher pressure stuff.

The thing I'm not clear on in the ATF mess is I am someone who owns some very expensive air rifles too. An air rifle is not considered a firearm so I can get and do have suppressors for them unregulated by NFA/ATF. However I get nervous to ask where the lines are on drilling cups and creating my own suppressor even if its intended for one of my air guns.

I ordered a tube to replace a ruptured tube from DM last november or so and i’m still waiting. No response to emails :(

I ordered a tube to replace a ruptured tube from DM last november or so and i’m still waiting. No response to emails :(
Could I trouble you to please shoot a pic of the ruptured DM tube? Couple of us would be interested in that for sure....and dang sorry about that ugh. What a nightmare. @Mike Casselton

I’d recommend maverick precision, just bought a tube from them as soon as some came back in stock and it shipped fast. Solvent traps are in very high demand right now.
Where did you source your internals? How do they fit? Thanks @Mike Casselton Couple of us are still sourcing parts and not 100% set. Thanks

Could I trouble you to please shoot a pic of the ruptured DM tube? Couple of us would be interested in that for sure....and dang sorry about that ugh. What a nightmare. @Mike Casselton

@8pointer

Giving DM his due, he sent a replacement tube, problem is it was the wrong size tube so I can’t use it, i’m going to use it for a future F1.

The tube popped, it’s hard to say when it actually happened but I noticed it randomly one day.

He said sometimes the metal has a flaw and jt happens, especially when machining or engraving is done.

So I was very happy with DM, but I don’t know why it’s taken so long to buy a tube or if it shipped to the wrong address and they just aren’t answering emails. I know he’s in high demand.
F21CD0E8-CE62-4174-9010-D6AA0950EF94.jpeg
02F25F78-08F1-4434-A9BD-23B6BBCF5B6F.png

Last edited:
Also it’s a .30 can Ti tube and Ti internals, I’d only used it on 300BLK and 5.56. 7.62 may have been a bad day who knows.

Also it’s a .30 can Ti tube and Ti internals, I’d only used it on 300BLK and 5.56. 7.62 may have been a bad day who knows.
Great thanks for putting all that detail up. Mine will be on 7.62x39 and 6.5

What if the SN is in the endcap and I’m a big fan of engraving stuff, as the manufacturer on the F1.

I know you can engrave on the endcap, not sure if it has to be welded to the tube then or not.

I would ASSume most don’t engrave there because it’s the most commonly damaged part 🤷‍♂️

What if the SN is in the endcap and I’m a big fan of engraving stuff, as the manufacturer on the F1.
I recommend putting the serial on the rear-cap (the part that threads on the host's muzzle).

"Q1: What part of a silencer must be marked?
A: The silencer must be marked in accordance with 27 C.F.R. §§ 478.92 and 479.102. The regulations require that the markings be conspicuous and legible, meaning that the markings may be placed on any external part, such as the outer tube or end cap."

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/guide/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-atf-p-53208/download Page 175, Question 1.

Says it can be replaced if damaged also? IDK i’m no lawyer I think if you’re within the spirit of the law you should be ok.

Which is the difference between someone having extra parts in order to have more than one can, and just fixing whats broke and cutting up the left overs. Kinda like tig welding worn out receiver holes, are you making something new or fixing something that’s broken.

We’ve derailed the thread but.. why is a wipe (rubber washer) a silencer part, a baffle (drilled) is a silencer part, but an endcap (deadair), a neilson device (literally every MFGR) is not?

Says it can be replaced if damaged also? IDK i’m no lawyer I think if you’re within the spirit of the law you should be ok.

Which is the difference between someone having extra parts in order to have more than one can, and just fixing whats broke and cutting up the left overs. Kinda like tig welding worn out receiver holes, are you making something new or fixing something that’s broken.

We’ve derailed the thread but.. why is a wipe (rubber washer) a silencer part, a baffle (drilled) is a silencer part, but an endcap (deadair), a neilson device (literally every MFGR) is not?
You can’t replace the serialized part. If you engrave the tube, then you can replace a damaged endcap. If you engrave the rear cap, you should be able to replace the tube

What if you engraved all three? I’m assuming the default is the tube as the default is the lower receiver of a pistol or AR due to industry standard.

Since a glock comes with the upper, lower and barrel serialized but only the lower matters.

@8pointer

Giving DM his due, he sent a replacement tube, problem is it was the wrong size tube so I can’t use it, i’m going to use it for a future F1.

The tube popped, it’s hard to say when it actually happened but I noticed it randomly one day.

He said sometimes the metal has a flaw and jt happens, especially when machining or engraving is done.

So I was very happy with DM, but I don’t know why it’s taken so long to buy a tube or if it shipped to the wrong address and they just aren’t answering emails. I know he’s in high demand.
View attachment 7341787View attachment 7341788

According to Ecco machine you have to use an inert environment when laser etching ti or it will cause that. I will not be laser etching mine.

Reactions: E-Tool
Just heard diversified machine got raided by atf and they took everything. I was never very knowledgeable about the build your own scene but it looks like atf is really crossing some lines lately.

It is true. At this point, all speculation as to why. Best collective guess is that it has to do with "kits" (like the p80 fiasco), and witness (center) marked storage dividers.

It is true. At this point, all speculation as to why. Best collective guess is that it has to do with "kits" (like the p80 fiasco), and witness (center) marked storage dividers.
That makes sense. Both recent raids have been to companies selling "kits". I think this should be Warning to other companies to not try and make it stupid easy to skirt these bogus laws. On the other side, if someone can't figure out how to make something without needing a "kit" when the companies already sell everything including instructions then maybe you shouldn't be making it lol.

Either way, I'm not going to get too political here but this doesn't look good from the outside that the atf decided to start cracking down so hard recently.

what’s the web address for diversified machine now?
I have the old web address which has been shut down.
I’ve googled it but it doesn’t bring up what I’m looking for.

what’s the web address for diversified machine now?
I have the old web address which has been shut down.
I’ve googled it but it doesn’t bring up what I’m looking for.
You didn't need to come here to find that.

Your Google search didn't return any results on the illegal infringement on DM's rights?