• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Form 20

About 45 days. Submitted 5/5 and signed 6/19. Rec'd 6/23.
I filed one for moving my cans from SC to PA. Current regs require you to INFORM ATF of a change in location in writing for silencers. Last year they started ASKING us to do so with silencers by submitting a Form 20.
Since we are only required to INFORM them, not get authorization, I didn't wait for the return but kept a copy of the submitted form.

Current regs require you to INFORM ATF of a change in location in writing for silencers.

First I've heard of this. I couldn't find anything on the ATF website. Do you have a link or could you point me in the direction to find this new Reg?

The only thing I have in writing is from the ATF when I sent them a written notification of the address change a year ago they sent back a letter stating they were asking owners to document change of address for their silencers on a form 20. They also sent along a form 20 for me to fill out

Take all above with a grain of salt. you are not required to inform them when crossing or moving with suppresors. The link provided is from a LAWYER (not ATF) thinking it would be a good idea....in other words, lawyers justifying their existence

QUOTE: While the prior authorization from the ATF is not required, we [ my social comment ....the lawyers who wrote this] do still recommend obtaining an approved Form 20 from the ATF for Suppressors before crossing state lines

Here is the ATF FAQ link stating it is NOT required.:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/doe...e-machine-gun-short-barreled-shotgun-or-short

Last edited: