• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 3 time (paper)

Thanks for posting this info. I am waiting on two Form 3 transfers (24 Jun) from Gunbroker Dealers to my local shop and I was wondering how long it was taking. I hope the e-Form 4 comes back on-line soon. From the data, it is much faster than the paper forms.

My dealer recently told me it was taking 8 weeks so yours looks about right. It helped me decide to pay a few dollars more and go with an in-state dealer.

They have been getting pretty far behind recently.

- Back in April/May I was seeing a 30 day turn around from submission to approval and about 5 business days to get the approved form 3 in hand.
- June/July it was about 6 weeks from submission to approval.
- As of today I just looked and there is still a form 3 pending from 6/4.

Even worse, they are about 2 weeks behind before they go pending, ie. faxed in on 7/7 and don't go pending until 7/22, then the ~8 weeks starts.

I just purchased an 762-SDN directly from AAC today. So I am going to see what the wait time is. I was told by them it would be 6 weeks, but my FFL said it has been 6 to 10 weeks. Either way I am excited to know I have one coming.

Waiting on a From 3 from TBAC right now.

338BA .338 caliber Brake-Attach Precision Rifle Sound Suppressor Firearm NFA

Product Options:

338BA FDE 3/4-28

Form 3 filed on: 2014-07-16

I don't know the exact days, but I just had one go through and it was right at 3 months.

Recently, ie mid August I've had a few hit in about a week.

I don't know exactly why this occurs but ATF seems to surge then lag then surge again on form 3s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now i'm estimating 9 month wait counting form 3 & 4, one month less than my last estimate. WOOT

Here is a snapshot to show what I am talking about. I'll put the last couple months of data together in a chart this afternoon.

Recent Form 3's.jpg

Here is a graph showing current processing statistics for Form 3s: http://goo.gl/79qRIc

-Blue line shows number of days from submission to "pending" status.
-Red line shows number of days from submission to "approved" status

Waiting on a From 3 from TBAC right now.

338BA .338 caliber Brake-Attach Precision Rifle Sound Suppressor Firearm NFA

Product Options:

338BA FDE 3/4-28

Form 3 filed on: 2014-07-16

Update......

Form 3 cleared on 2014-09-09

Just 7 days short of two months. Form 4 paperwork will go out next week. Will update the post at that time.

I just got my shipment of TBAC's in. The form 3's were submitted 8/11 and they just cleared on 9/22. One of them cleared on 9/12. It wasn't too bad of a wait. I got in 30P-1, 223P-2, and 22L-1. I spent the day shooting my personal ones. I had some deer 20 yards from my shop that didn't run off when I was plinking with the 22L-1 on my ruger 22/45.

Ryan Pierce
Piercision Rifles