• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 4 back in Under 2 1/2 months!

Crazy1323

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2013
I ordered Thunderbeast 22 Takedown from SilencerShop in Late June 2019. I got a call from my dealer that a Form 4 came in for me. I figured it was something I ordered a long time ago, it it was the Form 4 with the check cashed in July! Under 2.5 months isn’t too bad!

I ordered Thunderbeast 22 Takedown from SilencerShop in Late June 2019. I got a call from my dealer that a Form 4 came in for me. I figured it was something I ordered a long time ago, it it was the Form 4 with the check cashed in July! Under 2.5 months isn’t too bad!

I also purchased a TB 22 take down a week after the Optimus. I have my fingers crossed about it also.
Maybe our forms were in a stack that got dropped and somehow ours made it to the top.

Reactions: Geno C.
View attachment 7147106
SmartSelect_20190913-212405_Google.jpg

Individual or trust?

Individual. I’m sure they saw one and said, “hey, this guy sent another in, he has an addition fir sure. go ahead and give him another stamp”

in all seriousness, I’m quite lucky to get it back this quickly. I have three sent in well before that are still pending.

Remember how they were claiming that once you were approved for a suppressor under 41F and you submitted again within a year it should only take 30-days for an approval? Still waiting for that to happen.

Reactions: TACC and vigildom7
It seems like the times for form 4 individual is coming down, trusts are still running longer.

Well this is all exciting news. I sent in my first one in June, I want expecting or hear anything until next summer. Maybe I'll get an nice Christmas surprise.

Guess I should get off my ass and take advantage of that TBAC cert sooner than later.

Anyone submit a Form 4 in between moves? Any suggestions?

I put a TBAC Ultra 9 6.5 in back in late April. Maybe the other two I put in for this month will end up catching up with it.

If Turbo K’s get in stock at Silencer Shop, I’m throwing one of those in the mix too.

I wonder if a eForm 1 would make a difference. I doubt it, but one of y’all need to try it. I’m OCONUS probably until Christmas and not in a position to get pics and prints sent in or I would.

I put a TBAC Ultra 9 6.5 in back in late April. Maybe the other two I put in for this month will end up catching up with it.

If Turbo K’s get in stock at Silencer Shop, I’m throwing one of those in the mix too.

I wonder if a eForm 1 would make a difference. I doubt it, but one of y’all need to try it. I’m OCONUS probably until Christmas and not in a position to get pics and prints sent in or I would.
I’ve already done a couple form1 efile with a couple form4 pending. Got the approved 1s and no change on the 4s

Shortest wait for me was 3 months this was in 2011-2012. Longest wait 12 was months for mk18. Ultra 9 still pending since Feb2019. Its good to hear that some are getting their stamps faster.

I'm not holding my breath on one I did during the Jan Gov shutdown. Expecting that one in March.

I had one go pending 12/28 that was approved 09/04 and in hand yesterday, might not be long if it's an individual F4.

?

Ok, but why?

I think 1) because it requires someone to actually read the trust and make sure it's legal and valid. Probably requires someone with a higher paygrade and, hence, there would be fewer of them. One would hope that something like the Single Shot Trust would be a bit more rubber stamped.

2) It's an easy way to punish people for trying to get around having to send in pictures and prints (I know the new rules mandate that anyway).

-Stooxie

I had one go pending 12/28 that was approved 09/04 and in hand yesterday, might not be long if it's an individual F4.

Mine was purchased while it was shutdown though, nothing happened with it till it opened again and was cashed Feb 15th. So I imagine there was a giant pile of paper work waiting for them.

I think 1) because it requires someone to actually read the trust and make sure it's legal and valid. Probably requires someone with a higher paygrade and, hence, there would be fewer of them. One would hope that something like the Single Shot Trust would be a bit more rubber stamped.

2) It's an easy way to punish people for trying to get around having to send in pictures and prints (I know the new rules mandate that anyway).

-Stooxie

Exactly my thoughts on number 1, reviewing every trust adds a lot of workload, they probably have a limited number of folks trained to do it. Also, from looking at their 2019 budget request, they had $1M allotted in the President's Budget in 2018 earmarked for Business Process Re-engineering effort, which sounds like an imperative to develop a "get better" plan. They reported in the their 2019 budget request that they are trying to get to 90 day average form processing times, and they are reporting average processing times up their chain as a metric. I'm guessing they are getting leaned on pretty hard to get their times down and the easiest way until eForm 4s come out is to pile people on the less labor intensive Individual F4s and spit those out as fast as possible, thereby helping their averages. Something is happening for sure, in the last few weeks there have been lots of reports of Individual F4s coming back that were submitted anywhere between 11/18 and 07/19 with no discernable pattern. Smells like scrambling to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: drew_235
Mine was purchased while it was shutdown though, nothing happened with it till it opened again and was cashed Feb 15th. So I imagine there was a giant pile of paper work waiting for them.

Mine went pending during the shutdown, which started on Dec 22, I don't think mine was touched, other than the check being stripped out by the bank, until they got back at the end of Feb (25th?). Significant numbers of individual forms are showing up from January on the tracking sites, I think they're working through the backlog.

Edit: Sorry, the Shutdown ended Jan 25th with continuing resolutions, the passing of the budget was what I was thinking of, and that happened on Feb 15th.

Last edited:
My last can went spending in September last year, and the other day I contacted a prior examiner ro see if they had any guidance and it supposedly still pending and got this back.

Attachments

• 20190916_105046.jpg
    20190916_105046.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 52