• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Form 4...I mean FFP Viper PST Wait times

Re: Form 4...I mean FFP Viper PST Wait times

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elephantrider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scope: 4-16 FFP Mil
Order Placed: 3/11/11
Supplier: Camera Land

Ordered it on a Friday evening. Doug at Camera Land e-mailed me the next morning (Sat.) to confirm that I wanted it backordered, which I did that day. It was dropped shipped direct from Vortex and received it today. </div></div>

I'm glad you got your scope, but that's kind of disconcerting for someone who has had the same scope backordered since last February.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it has been exactly as vortex said it was going to be slow. It seems some want to stomp there feet and bitch and moan but stop throwing the fucking temper tantrum. Either wait or dont, no one really gives a shit if you "jump ship" or not. Boy that really surprises me that the nsx is better i mean they cost the same and everything.... </div></div>
haha
I'm entitled to my opinion. Like everyone else on here. Its not a tantrum. I am actually quite happy. Seems your the one with sand in your vag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Benjamin_Breeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm glad you got your scope, but that's kind of disconcerting for someone who has had the same scope backordered since last February.</div></div>

BB, you're saying you have a 4-16 FFP mil/mil on order since Feb 2010? That's weird given others that have ordered and received theirs in the last several weeks.

Who did you order yours from?

I am wondering if Vortex is giving priority to their "premier" retailers for new scope arrivals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnsopa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am wondering if Vortex is giving priority to their "premier" retailers for new scope arrivals. </div></div>

Don't think so... just sounds like really poor allocation.

I have a friend who works the gun counter of a local sporting goods store. Ordered a Viper PST 4-16 FFP mil/mil March 15th, 2011... in a couple days ago and customer picked it up today.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnsopa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Benjamin_Breeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm glad you got your scope, but that's kind of disconcerting for someone who has had the same scope backordered since last February.</div></div>

BB, you're saying you have a 4-16 FFP mil/mil on order since Feb 2010? That's weird given others that have ordered and received theirs in the last several weeks.

I am wondering if Vortex is giving priority to their "premier" retailers for new scope arrivals. </div></div>

Yep, from LO. If that's the case then I'm disappointed, but I won't jump to conclusions. They should fulfill backordered customers first, regardless of which outlet it was ordered through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It seems some want to stomp there feet and bitch and moan but stop throwing the fucking temper tantrum. Either wait or dont, no one really gives a shit if you "jump ship" or not. </div></div>

Seems to me that you're the only one throwing a "fucking temper tantrum". This thread was extremely civil until you came along. What's your dog in this fight? You seem to be heavily emotionally invested in Vortex PSTs... Do you work for Vortex or something? No... Really? Than why don't you take your own advice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnsopa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TMshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Busch League </div></div>

I think he means this.

Oh well, I hope that Vortex can get things squared up. It would be nice to get my scopes and try them out... </div></div>

Yeah, but the term "bush league" was around long before the Busch Series, orignating with minor or regional baseball leagues. It's the transformation to "Busch League" that he finds amusing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnsopa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Benjamin_Breeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I am wondering if Vortex is giving priority to their "premier" retailers for new scope arrivals. </div></div>

Talked to Vortex and they are fullfilling orders based on the distributor's original order, not the end customer. So if Company A ordered 100 scopes and only had 50 back orders, they are free to sell the other 50 they are due to new orders. Company B on the other hand may have ordered 75 but has 100 back orders so those guys who ordered a year ago wait.

They were nice enough on the phone but really had no answer or way to rectify this and no way of knowing what scopes were coming in when.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It seems some want to stomp there feet and bitch and moan but stop throwing the fucking temper tantrum. Either wait or dont, no one really gives a shit if you "jump ship" or not. </div></div>

Seems to me that you're the only one throwing a "fucking temper tantrum". This thread was extremely civil until you came along. What's your dog in this fight? You seem to be heavily emotionally invested in Vortex PSTs... Do you work for Vortex or something? No... Really? Than why don't you take your own advice! </div></div>

Nothing "emotionally invested" just tired of all the crying when every one knows there is a wait for these and crying about it will not make it any shorter. i guess civil must mean name calling and whining in your mind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It seems some want to stomp there feet and bitch and moan but stop throwing the fucking temper tantrum. Either wait or dont, no one really gives a shit if you "jump ship" or not. </div></div>

Seems to me that you're the only one throwing a "fucking temper tantrum". This thread was extremely civil until you came along. What's your dog in this fight? You seem to be heavily emotionally invested in Vortex PSTs... Do you work for Vortex or something? No... Really? Than why don't you take your own advice! </div></div>

Nothing "emotionally invested" just tired of all the crying when every one knows there is a wait for these and crying about it will not make it any shorter. i guess civil must mean name calling and whining in your mind. </div></div>

Again, you're the only one who did the crying... What name calling? I haven't seen a single "name" get called in this entire thread...? However, I bet people reading your posts are thinking of a few choice names for you. And if this thread bothers you soooo much why don't you AGAIN take your own advice and shut-up!

Received my FedEx package today and there was the PST 6x24x50 FFP Mil/Mil.
Mounted the scope and fired 6 rounds to zero and the sky's opened up on me, so I haven't gotten to play with the scope much.
I will say that it is by far the best scope I have ever owned, everything works as it should and the glass is crystal clear.
CameraLand;
I also want to thank you, Doug & Neil went the extra step by including a free hat and shirt and coffee & outstanding service.
With some luck maybe no rain tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By money sent 2/12 do you mean you ordered it then, or you paid for it then? </div></div>

I ordered and payed on that date.

Please hold for angry people....

Myself included, more annoyed than angry, ordered mine in November

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please hold for angry people....

Myself included, more annoyed than angry, ordered mine in November </div></div>

+1 Jan-2011

I remember when I first saw this thread.

I thought, hey everyone is posting their order dates and the dates they received the optic. What could go wrong??

LOL. I am sure there are nothing but the typically pure intentions that one always finds on the internet.

I called up some insiders I know today and placed an order for 5 FFP PST's.

Got them for half price and they are being hand delivered tonight by naked chicks.

I think I was on a "Prepaid List" not a waiting list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please hold for angry people....

Myself included, more annoyed than angry, ordered mine in November </div></div>

Yeah, the deal for me is, there's nothing else to compete. I can't go up to the next price tier and nobody else offers the features in the $700-$800 range. Vortex has the leverage. I won't, however, be considering them for future purchases. They were nice enough on the phone but made no effort to rectify the situation.

They need someone in ops. It was hard to believe when I was told they have no idea what scopes they are getting in until the pallet hits the dock. How can you have no control over your supply chain?

Maybe they could increase their price and improve the supply chain.

Or we can wait and get the best value. Once the initial rush is over the pst's will be readily available. They are going to increase competition and bring more value for all of us. Patience.

Vortex is great for this sport.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe they could increase their price and improve the supply chain.

Or we can wait and get the best value. Once the initial rush is over the pst's will be readily available. They are going to increase competition and bring more value for all of us. Patience.

Vortex is great for this sport. </div></div>

Why is the trade off necessary? In fact, an efficient supply chain helps keep costs down. I've had plenty of patience, since Feb. of 2010. I've stayed out of the bitch threads and am simply stating my view in an objective manner now that I'm seeing people getting scopes they just ordered (I have no ill will towards them).