• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 5320.20

iflylow1959

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2010
TnAlaSippi
Couple of questions. On blank #7. If you are taking your sbr to a shoot, ( no street address ) or to more than one location, what should you put? Also, I will be back and forth from Tn., To Ms. And Al. At multipal addresses. Do I put both states on one form or fill out two forms?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Form 5320.20

304 616 4500 is the number to the NFA branch. They can answer all your questions, even if they are obscure. Remember that each person you talk to may have a different answer, though.

I have always put my final destination on the forms, instead of trying to have multiple forms and destinations, FWIW.

When I have done this in the past i was required a separate 5320.20 for each state and I just put the location of the shoot or where I was sleeping at the hotel/friends house etc.

Ike the other poster said call the NFA branch for that individuals answer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ben in WY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">304 616 4500 is the number to the NFA branch. They can answer all your questions, even if they are obscure. Remember that each person you talk to may have a different answer, though.

I have always put my final destination on the forms, instead of trying to have multiple forms and destinations, FWIW. </div></div>

Thanks, I called them and they were closed for the hurricane !!!
Will try tomorrow.

Talked to John today at ATF. Very nice and helpfull. I really think they like to help us and appreciate that the we, NFA community try to do things right and go by the rules.
He said that if you stop and spend the night in another state on the way to another, another form should be filled out for that state. He also said that they were good for a year.

Don't forget if your SBR is in a trust, put only the trust name in line 1. Your name should not show up there. I learned when they sent my form back for that correction. The department is surprisingly pleasant to work with.