• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form1 kits?

DynamicAccuracy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
Mexico, MO
Looking for a titanium kit for mt first suppressor. The diversified machine premium kits look really nice. But i don't know if they come with baffles. I don't mind dorect thread since it'll live on my hunting rifle. Probably going to go with a 1.5x8" but might step up into a 1.75x10-12" to help make things even quieter. Any other kits out there besides quietbore and form1builder?

From my experience the biggest and most common mistake with both Form 4 and Form 1 suppressors is going too big and too heavy for hunting.

Supersonic ammo will never be really quiet and most hunters stuck with a 10-12 inch can quit using it in the field.

From my experience the biggest and most common mistake with both Form 4 and Form 1 suppressors is going too big and too heavy for hunting.

Supersonic ammo will never be really quiet and most hunters stuck with a 10-12 inch can quit using it in the field.
I can understand that. I hunt open fields pretty exclusively so barrel length with suppressor really isn't a factor for me. Most of the time I shoot deer from 300-700y. Ill be using a 22-24" barrel before adding the suppressor.

I can understand that. I hunt open fields pretty exclusively so barrel length with suppressor really isn't a factor for me. Most of the time I shoot deer from 300-700y. Ill be using a 22-24" barrel before adding the suppressor.

Theres a pinned thread at the top of the suppressor forum titled "solvent trap suppressor"... .theres quite a bit of good info there with brands and companies etc.

1.625x8 would be a really happy middle ground. And it'll handle most anything that isn't a Magnum caliber (maybe even that, but I don't keep up on those as I don't shoot/own magnums).

1.625x8 would be a really happy middle ground. And it'll handle most anything that isn't a Magnum caliber (maybe even that, but I don't keep up on those as I don't shoot/own magnums).
Can't be two guys with the same user name.....welcome aboard. Fun crowd here, same as over there

Can't be two guys with the same user name.....welcome aboard. Fun crowd here, same as over there
Still me! I like to standardize usernames, just means I gotta keep myself honest and follow Roadhouse rules regardless of the forum 😉

I'm really looking forward to a better Form 1 build for myself, the guys on my state forum seem to have the prevailing view that "anything over .22 is too dangerous/not gonna be quality enough to Form 1" and I'd like to change that, in a helpful way.

Anywho- I'll be in the background here at least!

Reactions: AMGtuned
The
Looking for a titanium kit for mt first suppressor. The diversified machine premium kits look really nice. But i don't know if they come with baffles. I don't mind dorect thread since it'll live on my hunting rifle. Probably going to go with a 1.5x8" but might step up into a 1.75x10-12" to help make things even quieter. Any other kits out there besides quietbore and form1builder?
The DM kits do come with 7 cones. 2 are heat treated 17-4 SS and 5 are Titanium.