• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Forster 6.5x47 seater die for 6.5 Creedmoor?

holdoff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2011
Conch Republic
I just picked up a new rifle and along with it a new caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor. The general consensus seems to be that the factory Hornady die sets are perfect for this cartridge. However, I prefer the Forster seaters used for other calibers.

The rub, no forster seaters for the Creedmoor.

Will a 6.5x47 Forster seater work for the 6.5 Creedmoor? Somebody has had to already tried it.. what say you.

Re: Forster 6.5x47 seater die for 6.5 Creedmoor?

I know the Creedmoor case is .030" longer, but the shoulder is 30 degree and the necks are almost the same length. Is there a way to setup a 6.5x47 seating die to work with the 6.5 Creedmoor case?

The Hornady standard dies with just the micrometer stem added to the seater work very well. It's what I use.

Thank you Rob,

I have done enough reading on the forum, especially posts by you and other active competitors shooting the 6.5 Creedmoor that I will go with the Hornady dies.

And, I usually observe that when fellow Hiders are not posting a response that the initial idea or question is not sound.

Hornady got it 100% with the 6.5 Creedmoor... $35 dollar die set that is perfect, makes the stack of .308Win dies I have seem a little ridiculous.