• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forster Co-Ax & Bullet Puller Question

Phil3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
San Ramon, CA
I need a bullet puller, but understand some models will not work with the Forster Co-Ax. Forster makes two bullet pullers, of which one works with the press, and one does not. I am also interested in the Hornandy Cam-Lock model, but do not know if the puller lever will clear the press arm when the press is operated...or maybe something else.

- Phil

Re: Forster Co-Ax & Bullet Puller Question

Deisel on here uses the Hornady Cam-lock system with his Forrester COAX and it works just fine. I've used it too and you couldn't ask for a better combo IMO.

The Hornady bullet puller handle does not clear the co-ax handle, but it does not need to. You don't have to pull the press handle all the way down (or even to horizontal) when using the cam-lock bullet puller.

Andy

Mine clears when pulling .223 bullets and if I have any trouble with my 25-06 rounds, that handle will become shorter.
grin.gif

I use the Hornady puller on my co-ax and it works great. I would not recommend the Forster collet puller that Forster makes to use with the Co-Ax. The one I had broke the first time I used it. The cross bolt that keeps the die from spinning is too small and it snapped like a twig with very little pressure. If you go with the Hornady, you will be happy. I think its cheaper too. I wish I had bought it first.