• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Forster Co-ax pistol loading (9mm, 380)?

Trek

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2019
Canton Michigan
I assembled my Co-ax with a Inline Mount tonight to start my PRS 308 habit. I have a used 650 with case feeder in a box beside my bench... looking for experience in those that have loaded pistol on a Co-ax? (I have a bench mounted primer system, but would most likely get a separate powder system). Or, should I install theDillon and be done with it? Thanks!
BDFA94BE-074B-4AA0-B187-9DED7B0848BC.jpeg

Install the dillon and be done with it. I first bought a coax. Then got a dillon square deal to load pistol. Then shortly after got a 650 and wished I never got a dillon square deal. The coax is the bees knees for rifle brass. Not necessary for pistol. The case feeder on a 650 is a huge time saver as well

Install the dillon and be done with it. I first bought a coax. Then got a dillon square deal to load pistol. Then shortly after got a 650 and wished I never got a dillon square deal. The coax is the bees knees for rifle brass. Not necessary for pistol. The case feeder on a 650 is a huge time saver as well
Cmoore... thanks... agreed! This morning I built the 650... I should be all set - thanks for pushing me along in the “right”direction. ??
4560AFB1-2EED-4C6F-9953-2F951AAB2A6F.jpeg

Reactions: cmoore806
@Trek, can I ask what you had to add out-of-the-box to the coax other than a die and consumables to hit the deck running on 308 reloading? Ergonomically, are you using the Inline stand to reload standing or sitting? And lastly, are you using a Redding die?

@Trek, can I ask what you had to add out-of-the-box to the coax other than a die and consumables to hit the deck running on 308 reloading? Ergonomically, are you using the Inline stand to reload standing or sitting? And lastly, are you using a Redding die?

The coax should be ready to go out of the box. I was wondering the same thing about that riser. Looks like it forces you to stand while running the press? I like to have a seat myself.

God you're gonna be so thankful you put together that 650 lol...

I loaded close to 5k rounds of 9mm on my turret press before I got my 550 and man what a difference.

Have you ever ran a 650 or full progressive? Theres quite a bit more to pay attention to over a standard press. Mainly all the bolts and screws that sometimes come a little loose. and Powder.... Personally I check ever case for powder. Once you get a system down for peaking in there, it doesn't slow your process down at all.

Personally I check ever case for powder. Once you get a system down for peaking in there, it doesn't slow your process down at all.
^^^^^^^
great advice!!

Loading pistol on a single stage blows
Loading pistol on a turret press blows less.
Loading pistol on a progressive blows the least unless you don’t pay attention then it can blow the most.

Reactions: Gustav7