• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forster Co-Ax

chawk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2009
Eastern Shore, MD
Does anyone know a place that currently has these available? My Google skills have let me down... I haven't been able to find a single place that has one available.

Thanks.

Re: Forster Co-Ax

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Worth the wait! </div></div>

+1

I'm so glad I searched around and got my Co-Ax. I couldn't be happier with it. Great press all the way around. You'll love it once you get it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Worth the wait! </div></div>

+1

I'm so glad I searched around and got my Co-Ax. I couldn't be happier with it. Great press all the way around. You'll love it once you get it. </div></div>

+2 I got mine on sale at Midway and now my son uses my Rockchucker.

All,

Thanks for the help. I've checked all the places mentioned.

Cabelas: backorder
MidwayUSA: out of stock
Sinclair: out of stock; no backorders
Natchez: Out of stock

Also checked all the other places i know about with no luck. I'll keep looking. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: royboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">www.gunstop.com
my local shop had them a couple days ago </div></div>

I might try to call them tomorrow. Their website shows them out of stock. Thanks for the help.

You'll love it! My only complaint is they don't make another press in a larger size. Same design, but more range of pressing motion to better accommodate 338 Lapua and other long cartridges.

I long for the day to have baby Co-Ax next to papa Co-Ax.......

Well, I checked online and called every place google came up with as well as all the places mentioned in this thread without any luck. I ended up buying a Redding T7. Hopefully i won't regret being impatient.

Thanks for all the help.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I checked online and called every place google came up with as well as all the places mentioned in this thread without any luck. I ended up buying a Redding T7. Hopefully i won't regret being impatient.

Thanks for all the help.

Chris </div></div>

I have both and lets just say the T7 collects lots of dust..

Worst case I can pick up a co-ax at a later date and sell this turret press. I'm pretty sure I will be happy with the T7 though.

I have seen many times that the Co-Ax will handle the 338 Lapua.
Is that incorrect?
I hope not as I have two on order.

Thanks,

Yes the COAX will handle the 338 Lapua. When seating your bullet you'll need to angle the case and your hand-seated bullet up into the seater die for it to fit into the jaws properly. Make sure you get the LS sized jaws because the standard jaws will not work with the big Lapua case.

There's plenty of reasons why these COAX presses are always out of stock or hard to come by. It requires no shellholders, the spent primer system works like a charm with zero mess, it has a great primer station, and you can change your already adjusted dies in less than 10 seconds. It's pretty tough to beat that.

Everytime I see someone recommend another press I see someone who hasen't used a Co-Ax.

Don't reload with a rockchucker for years before spending the money for a co-ax, like I did
blush.gif

$214.50 + $27.95 shipping = $243 delivered 1-11-2007 Lock stock and barrel Forster co-ax press

$150 delivered Bonanza co-ax press 12-03-09 from free classifieds at 24hour campfire forum

HomebrewForstershellholderjawhou-1.jpg

I have modified both to swap jaws faster and easier.

I have made jaws.
Forster jaws are just as good.

I have made wear plates.
Forster wear plates are just as good.

I have made shell holder jaw housings.
Mine are better; 1) They don't bend while pulling stuck cases out of dies. 2) The springs don't jump out, when jaw size swapping. 3) The jaws spread further before the jaw opening screw and shell holder jaw housing interfere. 4) The jaws and springs are captured in an assembly, because I screw the wear plate to the shell holder jaw housing.

If you have a co-ax and a vertical milling machine, and are interested, pm me and I can email you a dimensioned sketch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armorman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes the COAX will handle the 338 Lapua. When seating your bullet you'll need to angle the case and your hand-seated bullet up into the seater die for it to fit into the jaws properly. Make sure you get the LS sized jaws because the standard jaws will not work with the big Lapua case.

There's plenty of reasons why these COAX presses are always out of stock or hard to come by. It requires no shellholders, the spent primer system works like a charm with zero mess, it has a great primer station, and you can change your already adjusted dies in less than 10 seconds. It's pretty tough to beat that. </div></div>

Sure it will but it would be so much nicer to have a Magnum Co-Ax with LS jaws and a longer press movement to not have to angle the case and bullet so much. Swapping jaws is also a pain as well.

I'll take a regular and magnum on the same bench, that would be perfectly fine with me!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hazardus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.. Swapping jaws is also a pain as well...</div></div>

Forsterco-axdiagramreducedres.jpg

There is a guy worth $30M living in mansion on Capitol Hill in Seattle, that has two Co-ax presses, side by side, so he never has to change jaws, while loading for an African trip.

ForsterCo-AxJawsModBottomView.jpg

But for the cheapskates like me, I have another fix. I use an extra set of jaws, springs, wear plate and shell holder jaw housing, and the housing has been drilled and tapped for a screw that clamps the the wear plate to the housing. I use knurled cap screws to clamp the assembly to the guide block casting, so no tools are required... the jaws can then be swapped in seconds while blindfolded.

Can you find the added 4-40 Philips head screw in the lower left hand corner of the wear plate?