• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forster Coax Problems

Cookieman8

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 15, 2018
West Virginia
Hey fellas, got my new press in and mouted up. Checking everything to see if it's all smooth, but I found that the primer seater on top of them press is making contact with the plunger where the primer is. When the press is moved up and down it has a small "click" sound from contacting the seater. I tried the smaller primer seater and it contacts even worse. It actually pulls the plunger up and down with the gritty contact. Any tips on fixing this? Not very happy with this press so far..

Do you use that function of the press? If not, get rid of it.
No I use a hand primer 99 percent of the time, but it's nice to have that option as a back up. Just worries me as the press is somehow out of line ? Maybe the threads for the plunger is slightly off center? I know I've heard the priming on this press is less desirable.

You take the plunger out....

Something isn't adding up here as its a very simple thing to see if the plunger is hitting.

Are you sure its not the jaws clicking when you lower the press on the spike thing that adjust how much they open?

Reactions: MarinePMI
You take the plunger out....

Something isn't adding up here as its a very simple thing to see if the plunger is hitting.

Are you sure its not the jaws clicking when you lower the press on the spike thing that adjust how much they open?
Yes, the plunger is "scraping" on the platform that holds the case to prime. As the plunger passes through the whole it hits that platform and makes a clicking sound on the large plunger, the small plunger gets snagged as it travels. And no it's not the jaws clicking. If I take the plunger out it doesn't make that sound. I thought the same thing but I have ruled that out

Loosen the screws, move the platform.
Well, I feel like a dumbass at the moment. I took the entire plate off and I see how it's adjustable now. I put the plunger on and aligned it properly and now presto! Thanks for help man. Next time I'll do a little more investigating before I hit the forms!!

Brother I got it fixed. Thanks for the help, I took 918v advise and took the platform loose and realigned it for the plunger!! I didn't even notice those two screws

btw, the priming system on the co-ax is great. Just be careful that you don't apply too much pressure - you can rip the rim of the case.