• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fort Leavenworth KS????

stefan73

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2006
    CENLA
    I'm looking for some mid-long range places to shoot/learn at in the Fort Leavenworth area. I'm a responsible shooter who cleans up after himself (I usually bring trash bags with me to public ranges to clean up others and my mess). I enjoy shooting and understand the need for responsible care of the places that we have left to shoot at.
    If anybody has any information on places to shoot at or trainng in the Fort Leavenworth area that is available to me I would greatly appreciate it.
    I should be there next week but I will be busy with my household goods getting moved in as well as inprocessing for school and such.

Very Respectfully,
    Stefan

Re: Fort Leavenworth KS????

I'd contact the local Rod and Gun Club for Fort Leavonworth.

The club's membership is over 380 and growing. The club is family oriented, so bring your entire clan and join us.

For more information call 684-1703 and for the kennels call 684-3461.

Will do!
    My Sako TRg is being sent to the Gun Club there. i only had a minute to speak with Michael so I didn't get to ask him any questions about places to shoot.

ther's a controlled range right down the road called parma woods, but you gotta pay and the range guys lean towards the third reich side sometimes "you're shooting too fast NO RAPID FIRE"

There's a Missouri conservation range near gallatin, MO. It goes out to 200 yds. There's also many others that are only 100. Mill Creek gun club in Desoto Ks has 500 yds, but its not open to the public. I know of some other places if you're willing to travel a couple hundred miles. PM me if you want directions or any other info.

I "had" access to some private land that shoots out to 1200 yards, however it's a bit underwater right now as of the last time I was out there which was 1 week ago. We have't gotten much rain lately so i'm hoping it dries out really quick. I'm going to keep tabs on it to see if it gets better, once it's accessable i'll be heading out there for sure.

Branden

Sounds like some nice shooting once it dries out.

Let me know if you need a shooting partner.

Tulsa, OK has a range called Red Castle, and they have a 1000 yrd shoot on the 5th weekend of the month.

Well I'm at Leavenworth now. I have to inprocess, take care of housing and transportation along with a bunch of other stuff.
    I'm still waiting on my optics but I was told that my rifle is here waiting for me!

Post it back on here if you find anything near leavenworth. I work up there and drive all the way to st. joe, mo to shoot. Parma Woods is a nice place but has to many rules. The bullet hole has to many dumb kids running around. I'm almost to the point that i'm going to use my VA home loan to buy a big field to shoot in and live in a tent with my toys.

I have a friend who know this! I will help you ask him!
    GHD_Hair_Straighteners_107.jpg

hey razor and Stefan, I'm in the area also and have found that Bear Creek Tactical in Stockton MO is the place to go if yer into 3 gun and IDPA pistol stuff. They do IDPA first sat of every month and are runnin a LE/Military only 3-gun match on the 17th, here's a link to the registration and info, they are giving away $15,000 plus of goodies

http://www.nrahq.org/law/competitions/tpc/20100717.pdf

great group o guys down there. Oh and its about a 2 hour drive from KC, not bad for once or twice a month

I will be down there for the 17th, just look for the guy thats winning, ha ha

Thanks JJ. Do you know if they will let people come down there to check the action out? Not sure i want to pay 40 bucks to get my butt kicked since i dont have much of a place to practice.

That IS the place to practice brother! meaning the monthly IDPA matches. One thing I've learned in competition is to never be intimidated or worried bout gettin yer butt kicked, you will always do way better than you think, and the others will always do worse!

oh and yes it's no problem to go to watch, just have to sign a release saying that if I was to blast out of my bay and hit you that you wont sue Bear Creek

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eatindirt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tulsa, OK has a range called Red Castle, and they have a 1000 yrd shoot on the 5th weekend of the month.

</div></div>

Sue Saint Marie Canada has a range called White Castle and do a 25,000 yard match on every 12th weekend of the month

I agree but it's always good to do a little recon on an objective before you dive in.

well bring cash (registration fee)and if ya change yee mind you can use my guns, I'll be wearing a pink thong

It will be easy to pick you out then. I'll bring my own toys just in case i want to partake in the festivities.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eatindirt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tulsa, OK has a range called Red Castle, and they have a 1000 yrd shoot on the 5th weekend of the month.

</div></div>

Sue Saint Marie Canada has a range called White Castle and do a 25,000 yard match on every 12th weekend of the month </div></div>

Not sure you got it, there are 4 months every year that have 5 weekends. July and October are the only ones left this year. So it's feasible to hold a match on the 5th weekend of the month...this month.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eatindirt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tulsa, OK has a range called Red Castle, and they have a 1000 yrd shoot on the 5th weekend of the month.

</div></div>

Sue Saint Marie Canada has a range called White Castle and do a 25,000 yard match on every 12th weekend of the month </div></div>

Not sure you got it, there are 4 months every year that have 5 weekends. July and October are the only ones left this year. So it's feasible to hold a match on the 5th weekend of the month...this month.

Branden</div></div>

I got ya Dust, didn't know if you were joking or not so took a gamble on it and joked also

I'm at Leavenworth and will be heading to Parma tomorrow to shoot the Sako, and Remington.
    I would like to reconfirm my base line on the Serbu but I doubt they will let me (I changed out the rings to some better ones).

My internet is finaly up but no household good for a bit (the computer screen is sitting on a cardboard box with the keyboard and mouse).

I need to pick up a 1/2 socket to torque down the rings (all my stuff is in trans) so I'll probably be there at about 11ish.

Is there a caliber restriction out there?

I know of one shooter on this site "srv565s" who has told me that he's shot his 50 at Parma, just make sure that it's ball ammo. I don't own a .50, nor have I personally witnessed somebody shooting one. Other than that, I don't know of any caliber restrictions. I would say bring it, if they say no, then they say no. I'm shooting tomorrow, getting ready to load up some more rounds here in a few. Wanna meet up?

Branden

Branden, had a great time! Thanks!
    Looks like I need to get the press back together, start reloading and shoot a lot to get some skill back!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Branden, had a great time! Thanks!
    Looks like I need to get the press back together, start reloading and shoot a lot to get some skill back! </div></div>

Likewise, I had a good time as well. I just always wish that I was allowed to shoot prone when i'm there, I could shoot a lot better if they allowed it. That Sako rifle is a snazzy rifle, feel great to shoot, and I love that action..so smooth!

Sorry that I couldn't stay as long as you did, still didn't get anything done at the house once I got back. I ate lunch, and my in-laws called said they were headed to the lake, so the girls and I changed into our suits and off we went again!

We'll get together again sometime and shoot somewhere from the prone, and somewhere that the big .50 can bark. I need to get a lot more practice for those matches coming up in August that i'm planning to attend.

Branden

We might have to talk about matches. I would like to see and do some shooting. It might be hard since I'm working on a masters while going through CGSC but a couple would be nice!