• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forum douchebags

callen3615

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
Peidmont, NC
I have never been big on internet forums. I joined this one to gain knowledge of precision shooting. I have also joined other forums over the past year, mainly to gather information on various topics. The more I interact with other forums the more I appreciate the community here. I have taken it for granted, having polite, knowledgeable people on hand to help me asking nothing in return.

My most recent forum I joined was m4carbine.net. I joined to tap into some AR information and it also gives me another outlet to sell gear. Let it be known that I am a dumb kid and I am learning, life is a learning process is it not? I have been fortunate here to have more help than senseless berating. I was looking around the other day and found a thread that had the AR comparison chart. I posted something about how I thought BCM was a great manufacturer and would recommend them to someone seeking a quality and affordable AR, AND how I wished they made a piston upper. Apparently some people dont care to hear those words.

Check this out:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1134675&posted=1#post1134675

I always thought that forums had a variety of opinions, and usually had intelligent discussions. I have not witnessed any forums ganging up on a newcomer or anything of that nature.

So did I ask for this? Or is my skin alittle too thin?

I actually think it is kind of funny. I know that some people prefer DI, I think thats fine, I didnt think that some people could get so bent out of shape about it...kinda sad if you ask me.

Re: Forum douchebags

There are plenty of douche bags on every forum, some more than others.

My usual hang out isn't bad, douches there too, but less than any other forum I've been on.

It's never a good idea to throw stones at one forum from another. Forum owners and mods don't want to get dragged into whatever you started elsewhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's never a good idea to throw stones at one forum from another. Forum owners and mods don't want to get dragged into whatever you started elsewhere. </div></div>

+1 and honestly I don't see anything wrong with what they were writing in response to the way you were making some the assertions you were.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Or is my skin alittle too thin? </div></div> Yes, it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Or is my skin alittle too thin?
</span>
</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">No.... your lips are just chapped.. and they're not on your face.</span>

I reccomend a liberal application of Vagisil for the next 4 days and if your chapping doesn't clear up just come back to this thread and we will administer something a bit stronger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Or is my skin alittle too thin?
</span>
</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">No.... your lips are just chapped.. and they're not on your face.</span> </div></div>

Where could they be? I'm confused Shank... please explain... lol

These kind of posts and the one the OP has on the other forum ,is exactly why nobody can stand hunters and shooters anymore,smartass forum memebers give the anti's all the ammo they need to make folks hate gun lovers,and they have a good point with all the nasty,fat,assholes that are on some of these forums...............try treating your fellow forum members with some respect for once in your f..cking life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nevada Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These kind of posts and the one the OP has on the other forum ,is exactly why nobody can stand hunters and shooters anymore,smartass forum memebers give the anti's all the ammo they need to make folks hate gun lovers,and they have a good point with all the nasty,fat,assholes that are on some of these forums...............try treating your fellow forum members with some respect for once in your f..cking life. </div></div>

francis.jpg

One thing I've learned is that you cannot take anything from the internet personal.
Otherwise you're always going to be filling out the hurt feeling report..

HurtFeelingsReport.jpg

I wouldn't be offended by getting snubbbed by keyboard commandos.

Do you really think real professionals come to a web forum to talk about what they do or their AR's that have more crap on them than a christmas tree?

Thats one thing, but i was constantly attacked for having a different opinion. I was not inflammatory nor did I instigate anything...and I was banned. whatever

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats one thing, but i was constantly attacked for having a different opinion. I was not inflammatory nor did I instigate anything...and I was banned. whatever </div></div>

Was this you in your Halloween costume?
Kotex_by_PARANOiA290.jpg

Or maybe you could use this promotion?
kotex-free-sample.jpg

I find it refreshing that the OP admitted elsewhere to running up a bogus post count there just to make use of their exchange.

*cOuGh*

I have probably made 100,000 posts and read 1,000,000 posts on 100 gun forums over the last 15 years.

I see patterns.

If you don't moderate [like a bouncer in a bar] you get more noise than signal.

If you over moderate, it is no fun, like a one drink maximum bar.

Typically a forum will start out and die.
Some grow and have an energy.
Then it stagnates into the same old "Can I shoot 38 special in my 357 mag?" threads.
Or the forum gets sold to someone who says, "We don't tolerate that kind of thread here, anymore."

The problem is that it is easier to go to a forum than to do something new with guns. It is like the problem with parties. Those who have something interesting to say are too busy to party.

So you must challenge yourself to do something new with guns, and then when making posts, to try to be helpful, and look for something on the forum you can learn.

Or you can just go to the bear pit and spout.

I have three conclusions from reading that other thread.

1) If you jump up and down hard enough, you may just be able to get MOST of the sand out of your vagina.

2) Some people over there have a stratospherically high opinion of themselves. A Mod over there has 4 quotes in his sig line. 3 of them are actually labeled from himself. Bwahahaha!

3) Reread conclusion #1.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Check this out:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1134675&posted=1#post1134675
</div></div>

So you think that is bad? Go join lightfighter.net. Everyone there has a real bad case of PMS. Although I will acknowledge that the moderators on M4carbine are mostly douchebags. A lot of them have that bossy policeman attitude.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a waste of internet space. There could be jiggly titted women holding guns instead, but noooooooo, "They were mean to me," rules the day! WTF
cry.gif
</div></div>
Are you whining about whiners?
I had a dog that whined for wieners.
I would like to whine about my friend who gets banned from M4 and wants ME to sign up so the can use my identity and pass word. [My fight club alternate identity]
Some people are addicted to stirring in the manure pile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What the F%&K are you talking about?
laugh.gif
</div></div>

He is talking about guys who act like assholes on a forum to assuage their personal sense of irrelevance in life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And I thought I got the last word in.</div></div>
Just curious but why did you bring a thread that had been dead for almost a year back to life with that statement?

threadisgoing.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nevada Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These kind of posts and the one the OP has on the other forum ,is exactly why nobody can stand hunters and shooters anymore,smartass forum memebers give the anti's all the ammo they need to make folks hate gun lovers,and they have a good point with all the nasty,fat,assholes that are on some of these forums...............try treating your fellow forum members with some respect for once in your f..cking life.</div></div>
1982197-wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE_We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg

This is wonderful, fun, and awesome all at once. Aaaand I get to pad my posts and be someone soon and enter a raffle, KOOL.

LMFAO. K, on serious note, not to high jack thread, but is it ok to shoot 22 shorts outta a 22 Long Rifle? 38 outta 357 is a no brainer
smile.gif