• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forum newbie from Finland

LSa

Susi1!
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2007
Finland
www.takilta.fi
Finnish Defence Forces reserve sissi sniper section/squad leader (sergeant first class).

Sissi - specialized infantry: reconnaissance, raids, ambushes & guerrilla warfare behind enemy lines, or hunting enemy’s special forces. And our enemy comes from the East - or it’s flanking. ;)

Father of several, husband of one. Church guy. Prepper. Hunter. Currently I’m also the chairman of the Finnish Sniper Quild (something like 550 snipers). Jack of all trades, master of none.

My written English is not so fluent, so I’m here more like a reader.

Why here? Just opened Frank Galli’s book about precision rifle marksmanship. Book looks promising, so I thought that there must be more good stuff in the Sniper’s Hide.

OR Finnish style introduction: From Finland. Intrested about sniping.

Lol at the Finnish version of your introduction. I hope you share your knowledge and experience, I’m interested!

Reactions: 338dude
Welcome to the Hide form Middle Georgia here in the States. Great to have you as a brother from another mother. You can bring an entirely different perspective to our shooting sport. Just dive into the different forums and look around. Post and give us your views as well. Keep up the legacy of Simo Häyhä and let us also learn what you know from the frozen north. But glad to have you here Brother

(y) to all.

About keeping up Häyhä’s legacy: The Finnish Sniper Championship -competition is named after Simo Häyhä. I shooted this video last summer

(16. August 2019) hayhakilpailu #snipers of #tarkkaampujakilta, #pohjanmaantarkkaampujat and @arcticsnipersfinland salute Masatoshi Sasayama. The 72 year old walked 300km from #helsinkivantaa to #rautjärvi to see the home of #simohäyhä. The guys are competing at the #finnishchampionships#häyhä2019 just now!

That old Japanese man was walking (honouring Häyhä) at the same time that we were starting our Häyhä 2019 competition. So we decided to give back some respect.

Welcome to the Hide. Your English is much better than my Finnish, no worries ;)

Have always had much respect for the Finnish people, your winter warfare skills, and how you guys were able to hold off the Soviet Union.

Finnish Defence Forces reserve sissi sniper section/squad leader (sergeant first class).

Sissi - specialized infantry: reconnaissance, raids, ambushes & guerrilla warfare behind enemy lines, or hunting enemy’s special forces. And our enemy comes from the East - or it’s flanking. ;)

Father of several, husband of one. Church guy. Prepper. Hunter. Currently I’m also the chairman of the Finnish Sniper Quild (something like 550 snipers). Jack of all trades, master of none.

My written English is not so fluent, so I’m here more like a reader.

Why here? Just opened Frank Galli’s book about precision rifle marksmanship. Book looks promising, so I thought that there must be more good stuff in the Sniper’s Hide.

OR Finnish style introduction: From Finland. Intrested about sniping.
Very glad to have someone of your skill level here you will definitely be an asset to many members here with your vast wealth of knowledge and expertise

Impressive CV and your English is great. Glad to have you here, enjoy your time here and the book, both are great.

Welcome from Ocala, Florida

Spent a week in Helsinki back in 1988.

Drank at "The Red Apple".

My visit encompassed the Finnish national holiday.

I ended up staying at the home run by a veteran Winter Warrior. That man was hard corps.

I was drinking vodka from a fire extinguisher at breakfast of smoked salmon and meats.

I ended up missing my plane to Moscow.

Picked this up recently and will be moving it on to someone that can create a tribute to your snipers......

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome from CO