• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forum redesign feedback thread

Not sure if this has been mentioned but when you are in any sub-group that is a part of Sniper's Hide Armory & Supply, there is no way to return to the forum list without hitting the main forum menu at the top. All other sub-groups offer a way to get back...

Please see pics

SH Feedback 01.png

SH Feedback 02.png

Reactions: kthomas
The Forum - Sniper's Hide - Bear Pit is a menu

You can go backward by clicking on the Bear Pit or Team Room you can move in any direction those are links

I'm on a Motorola Android, and I'm not seeing that? As Nik H said, I have to go to the menu to back track.

I see the missing menus now,

Yes if you are a higher subdomain area the back button right now brings you back or the forum link above it

You want a navigation link under that main subdomain

I was just noticing that the menu line to get you back to the higher domain or back to forum was missing when you are in the armory domain. Didn't know why it would be different and thought it might be a bug

I'm seeing guys with banned in their title able to post today.

Screenshot_20200326-152116_Chrome.jpg

Got all my settings "just right" and am totally digging the "Snipers Hide Dark 2020" theme, with large type size! Kudos.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 4.36.51 PM.png

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned but when you are in any sub-group that is a part of Sniper's Hide Armory & Supply, there is no way to return to the forum list without hitting the main forum menu at the top. All other sub-groups offer a way to get back...

Please see pics

View attachment 7282358

View attachment 7282359

@will-audentio. I saw this was fixed earlier, but now it's gone back to what Nik H brought up.

I have encountered a few Internal Server error messages and the site is slow to load.... When I scroll... there is a lag
Another forum I visit is fine so I'm guessing it is not my PC
PC/ Chrome
Same thing. 3 times in the last hour. Android Chrome.
Screenshot_20200327-175214_Chrome.jpg

All,

Apologies for not updating everybody sooner, but let's just say a tree decided it wasn't close enough to my house this weekend and uprooted itself :)

For today we've got updated styles for you; The default is now an adjusted light theme (which for those of you who prefer light themes means you won't also need sunglasses), minor adjustments have been made to dark, AND we have an earth-toned theme based on the old one.

Tomorrow you'll find that the old styles will have disappeared, so don't hesitate to pick any theme from the switcher in the footer that has "2020" in the title.

Hope everybody had a great weekend!

Reactions: Barneybdb
The problem with most newer stuff is it gets all bloated and cutesy, and runs like dogshit on older devices. I read text - I really don't care about the graphics and crap next to it . . . the leaner the better!

Myself, I'd gladly sacrifice the "new" (that I have clearly never missed) for a smaller footprint.

Last edited:
The new styles are just as good and not bloated,

I broke some stuff that caused the 500 errors, we have a monitor in place that watches the site, I was doing some work that when the board is put in maintainence mode it was thinking the site was down and restarted several times in the middle of my work. So they turned it off and it hiccuped again without the protections in place,

The increased errors were cause and effect, not do to any updates currently taking place. They were more convergence of work colliding.

But the new styles will be just as good if not better the old styles. Same people doing both

I notice in the sidearm page, there is not the tab to navigate back one level. Its available in the other pages in the version I'm using.

And I still miss not having the alerts at the top of the page. The ones showing if someone quoted or reacted to my posts.

Well I haven't figured out how to navigate around this newly-designed site as well as I used to, but my old eyes find this black type on white background easier to read.

Reactions: wildcats
The new themes I'll get used too, but I'm bummed we're loosing the old style extra dark colors.
Going to ride that old one till the bitter end.

Another odd thing is that the browser tab used to have the snipers hide symbol & new 2020 style doesn't (See below).

___________ SH Symbol___ v __________________________________Just called forum now.........v
1585698839928.png
1585699045839.png

Attachments

• 1585698935571.png
    1585698935571.png
    420.5 KB · Views: 26
@lowlight - Let me try to better explain what others have said about the missing notifications @ the top.

First screen shot below notice I'm on post #88 & next to the search bar is my mail and notifications. There is also the sub menu bar just below the main menu bar. These items used to follow you down the page.

1585699875040.png

With the new theme (below) screen shot is same thread as above. The notifications and sub menu bar are gone as soon as you leave the top of the page.
I can just scroll up 80+ posts to get to them, but why give up functionality with the update.

1585700036019.png

You are missing,

1. Down the side at the bottom, so if I am at the bottom, just hit the arrows on the side it will race you to the top

I see what you mean, it's not a pinned header, so you want the header pinned versus disappearing

But hit the arrows,
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 6.37.24 PM.png

Those arrows take you to the top of the page without scrolling

Having buttons to select a specific page, for multipage threads, on both the top, and bottom of each page would be convenient. It already has the buttons on the bottom, but on a phone it takes quite a few swipes to get to the bottom so you can select a specific page. example:

Perhaps also being able to select a specific page in the forum threads list, as an example:

Last edited:
You are missing,

1. Down the side at the bottom, so if I am at the bottom, just hit the arrows on the side it will race you to the top

I see what you mean, it's not a pinned header, so you want the header pinned versus disappearing

But hit the arrows,
View attachment 7287100

Those arrows take you to the top of the page without scrolling
Yes I'd prefer the pinned header, but I'll use the arrows.

Reactions: seansmd
The sub-menu that included New Posts and Mark All Threads Read at top of page below BLOG FEATURED HOME FORUMS WHAT'S NEW etc that continued to show as you scrolled was a good feature. Not seeing it on SH Light 2020. Only other nit pick is what friggin font puts feet on lower case Ls?

Last edited:
Reactions: wildcats
At the top of the page there is :
S Snipers Hide ...and on the other side pic of person who is logged on, envelope (email) and a bell (notifications).

Before this...??? Block would STILL be at the top of the page even if I had scrolled down to the bottom. Would like to see it that way again.
After reading the whole last page, why do I have to scroll all the way back up to click on my next notification? NOT very user friendly!