• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Found a 50 BMG...

psinclair

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Glasgow, Montana
50BMG001.jpg

Laying out on a gumbo ridge in the middle of nowhere. Years ago there was an Airforce Base in this area(abandoned in the mid 70's). Probably fired from the air....

50BMG002-1.jpg

Can anyone ID this?

Re: Found a 50 BMG...

1943 of course, Twin Cities Ordnance Plant, Minneapolis MN
grin.gif

Those 50s are huge, if it did fall from the air I wonder how much energy it had on impact, i wouldnt want to be hit by one. Haha even the 50BMG's brass deals some hefty damage.

Pat, I used to Cowboy on a big ranch South of town, and found 17 .50 cal. rounds banded together. The pasture was called 'Hard Pan', on the Etchart Ranch, North of the Stone House.

There's a ton of that stuff west of Casper. I've found brass, links, loaded rounds, fired bullets.... tons of stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Too Tall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pat, I used to Cowboy on a big ranch South of town, and found 17 .50 cal. rounds banded together. The pasture was called 'Hard Pan', on the Etchart Ranch, North of the Stone House. </div></div>

Thats where I found it....I was out there helping Duke.....laffin!

I know Duke well. I worked with him on a couple places.

Sometime I will have to tell you about scattering the brand new Chuck-wagon, across the prairie, in the Craig Cooley pasture.

Wow, I have never seen the head stamp codes website. Thanks for yet another cool bookmark!

Would of most likely been from a Browning on a bomber. I have a few of them kicking around myself.