• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Found a new shooting Spot

peteyen86

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2010
Gippsland, Vic, Australia
Nothing you have not seen before. Found this spot on the weekend. The sun was setting behind me and with the shadow being cast out in front, i was able to see the rounds travel through the air to the target. Wasn’t sure what i was seeing at first. Only lasted about 5 minutes before the sun went down. Almost looked like tracer rounds..lol

Sorry about the photo, was off my phone.

Pete.

Re: Found a new shooting Spot

good looking area, how far out were you shooting??

I wouldn’t say looks to good compared to your area's mate, old logging coupe…lol. 500 and 640 yards. I couldn’t believe how calm it was, no wind at all. Could hear my brain working how calm it was. The little 223 did good.

Pete

Nice to see another decent Vic location...

Would you guys know of any good areas in Vic that I could go to, to shoot beyond 400?

I normally shoot at little river, and its max is around 400
frown.gif

Pete who did your bolt knob?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice to see another decent Vic location...

Would you guys know of any good areas in Vic that I could go to, to shoot beyond 400?

I normally shoot at little river, and its max is around 400
frown.gif

Pete who did your bolt knob?</div></div>

Hey vman,

Depends where abouts in Vic you are i guess. If you shoot at little river maybe go a little further down that way to the Geelong Rifle Club. There range goes out to 900m. I have never been, but im pretty sure i read somewhere you can shoot there and not have to compete in F class events, kinda like little river i guess. Dont quote me on that though because im not 100% sure, if you find out let me know to
smirk.gif

Otherewise i found a few spots by using google earth. Look for logging coupes or firebreaks then go check them out. Only problem with these places is other people possibly being around, so you have to pick the right times to go there. This is why im planning on checking out the local F Class range. Just not sure if i want to compete in comps yet, this is the only thing holding me back.

Sending you a PM you about the bolt knob.

Cheers

Pete.