• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Found an interesting pack - Anyone ever use the Eagle Invader 50L?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Always used to love Eagle stuff. Not sure why they semi died off but whatever. Ran into this while browsing shooting rucks as I just do not like the direction Kifaru, MR, etc have gone over the last few years. I love the suspension systems, but the internal layout/storage of 'modern' rucks is basically a pre set hodge podge of random sized pockets, mesh bags and pre formed storage 'sections' like Eberlestock seems to like.

Without going into crazy detail, while this seems like it may be organized, the random internal and outside accessible 'pockets' just let you throw gear in it that isn't secured nor do you know exactly what it is as it'll move around as well as becomes much more easily damaged. Most of these rucks are laid out like a women's purse. The main thing I can't seem to understand is the moving away from multiple rows of molle (as opposed to like 2 or 3 some rucks do) to hard mount legacy pouch items that will almost always be in the ruck. This method allows for them to be more secure, not fly and flop around and more importantly - at 3am, you know what the layout of your equipment is in the dark instead of reaching into your purse and trying to figure it out.

My other requirements for a shooting ruck are:

- Capacity size in your standard 3 day ruck size

- Suspension system/frame/comfortable shoulder straps that are designed to ride open to allow for minimal chest rig/carrier overlap and better ride

- Minimal external zip pockets primarily for mission items like nav equipment, data book, binos

- Side lashings and/or pockets as I attach the tripod on the weak side lashing with a leg or 2 in the 'bottle pocket'

- Ability to carry more than 1x 3L bladder

- No pre made internal storage sections or shit in the way

- Molle on bottom for mesh sack sleep system or ghille hood (this doesnt have that)

- Bonus for a beavertail pocket (more on why this is nifty, below)

So outside of it not having molle inside like an ATS RAID II does, the molle can be added and/or a panel can be added. The main thing is this doesn't seem to have a bunch of shit inside of it to limit you to whatever layout they made the pack be rather than you setting it up and utilizing the nice, big open space. The only other place it's missing molle for me is on the bottom, but again, I can probably have someone add it.

It has a pass thru channel on either side where I'd get the tripod literally behind the pocket as well as have the legs sit in the bottle pocket.

Beavertail for me is always a bonus. We generally didn't wear our bump helmets during the daytime but kept them on us in zip rucks. We'd wear comms units during the day and then attach them to the helmet as well as pull our NV out of their inserts and then run the helmets at night. The beavertail is ideal for helmet storage during the day so should you go from day to night, you have everything ready to go with you, and out of the way.

Anyone used/seen one of these? Seems MSRP is high but these can be had for ~250ish.

Interesting pack, I'll watch the video tomorrow. I feel somewhat foolish recommending gear to YOU of all people, but my Kifaru Shape Charge checks an awful lot of those boxes... Minus the beavertail, though I'm sure something could be worked out there.

Unsure if Eagle is 'back' to their former glory or only here in name alone... I suppose only time will tell.

While I don't know the complete Eagle Industries history or current ownership, I do know a tad. Long ago, early 90's Mike Nolle(Blackhawk!) based in Va. Beach boasted he is copying everything Eagle makes and will put them out of business. At the time he had his retail store on Shore Drive near Gate 3? (Bayside Shopping Center) His manufacturing was on get this-London Bridge Rd. I will say this MN ripped me off with a drop leg pouch I designed.
    Much later, early 2000's Ben Lennett with Eagle had an unfortunate car wreck in which he never fully recovered from and later passed away, some time after, Blackhawk! acquired Eagle, again not sure who owns it today or if Ben's passing played a factor in the sale.

As you know, LBT is NOW located on London Bridge Road, used to be on Bonney and then VBB before moving back. BH did have Corp on Miller Store in Norfolk
    I still have an actual US made Eagle M4 drag bag and 3 day that Ben gave me (bag was via TA who I worked with at BW)

I don't live in that area any longer, used to visit Doug M(LBT) hope he is well, that man is a solid character and well respected businessman.
    Even though Nolle was a SEAL, the general consensus was he's a chump and they were sporting LBT, Eagle gear

That was pretty detailed for someone that only knew a “tad”. Didn’t know any of it myself. I’ve been looking for a bag for myself and this one did cross my path. Can’t find anyone with any real world reviews for it. Looks and sounds good enough. Certainly priced like it is