• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Found rifle

hmma82

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2023
Texas
New here registered because i found a rifle in my local walmart parking. Doing all i can to find its owner before i turn it in to the local pd

• Haha
Reactions: drglock
Glowie.jpeg

Seems legit. Still told them to turn it in. But ranks about 8.3 on my glowmeter.

If what you’re saying is remotely true and you’re not a scammer trying a new angle or a glowie, why would you not call the PD on the spot and have them come out? You do realize that it’s illegal to take things that aren’t yours, right?

Reactions: Charmingmander
Call the PD and ask for a sergeant, he/she will have an officer take possession, voucher and post info so the owner can claim it. It's either stolen and the owner doesn't know it yet or he/she is completely unaware that they "lost" it. While it shouldn't be treated any different than lost property, it is a firearm and should be secured and it's not up to you to do it. If the PD doesn't want to do their job, call the state boys and embarrass them(PD)

Next time, you need to call immediately as if it was utilized I the commission of a crime, it should be secured (by them) and treated as evidence. You handling it mucked up the chain of custody and tainted the evidence. They shouldn't be so nonchalant about a found firearm, do your freaking job!

Last edited:
Perhaps it would be helpful, or at least more interesting, if you told us the make and model of rifle, as well as the general area of the country where it was found. This is a big place.

OP is in Chicago.

The rifle is a Hi-Point carbine with the serial # defaced.

He “found” it in an “unlocked” car.

LOL.

Or it could be:

OP is in Eagle Pass, TX.

The rifle is a fully semiautomatic spooky boy. It’s in a crate with 20 loaded magazines full of M855.

He found it behind a Walmart frequently visited by tatted up Mexicans that drive jacked up white Broncos and Blazers with dark tinted windows.

Additionally he observed the crate being unloaded from a dark Suburban with dark tinted windows by a dude who was distinctly not a tatted up Mexican.

LOL.

Or it could be:

OP is in Eagle Pass, TX.

The rifle is a fully semiautomatic spooky boy. It’s in a crate with 20 loaded magazines full of M855.

He found it behind a Walmart frequently visited by tatted up Mexicans that drive jacked up white Broncos and Blazers with dark tinted windows.

Additionally he observed the crate being unloaded from a dark Suburban with dark tinted windows by a dude who was distinctly not a tatted up Mexican.
My guess if it’s not been reported, it’s either a made up story, stolen, a Glowie trying to entrap some idiot, or the OP managed to foil a CIA/ATF/FBI planted drop-off for some cartel, or an upset angry white kid on antidepressants, a poor home life, that gets bullied, with a history mental illness, and has been MKUltra’d…

Reactions: Im2bent
My guess if it’s not been reported, it’s either a made up story, stolen, a Glowie trying to entrap some idiot, or the OP managed to foil a CIA/ATF/FBI planted drop-off for some cartel, or an upset angry white kid on antidepressants, a poor home life, that gets bullied, with a history mental illness, and has been MKUltra’d…
Im in carlsbad new mexico a coworker of mine found it he told me what he sould do since im the only person he knows with nfa items tought the owner might be around some of these forums

Im in carlsbad new mexico a coworker of mine found it he told me what he sould do since im the only person he knows with nfa items tought the owner might be around some of these forums

Uhhhhhhh…….

So this “found” rifle is an SBR or FA?

Yeah dude, if that’s true run away. Don’t walk. RUN. Why aren’t you running yet?

Tell you friend to turn that shit in to the police. He or you do not want to be in possession of an NFA item without a tax stamp.

New here registered because i found a rifle in my local walmart parking. Doing all i can to find its owner before i turn it in to the local pd
“I found a rifle”

“A coworker found it”

Yeah, so now it's a NFA weapon and the coworker who found it has asked the OP for advice, as he already owns NFA items. They tried interesting the police in this abandoned NFA registered item, but the authorities don't care about those things. Wouldn't a NFA registered items have a name and address engraved on it?

Yeah, so now it's a NFA weapon and the coworker who found it has asked the OP for advice, as he already owns NFA items. They tried interesting the police in this abandoned NFA registered item, but the authorities don't care about those things. Wouldn't a NFA registered items have a name and address engraved on it?
No

Reactions: doubloon and lash
What gun? I didn’t find a gun. You must have been mistaken

Reactions: Skunk
There are 2 questions that have not been asked yet. And they should have been asked pretty early.

Either you're a fed or the FBI is going to be really pissed off you ruined the domestic terrorist plot they were helping someone plan so they could take credit for foiling it.

Reactions: FuhQ
LOL.

Or it could be:

OP is in Eagle Pass, TX.

With a happy birthday card from some fellow named Holder?

F&F on the back of the card?

• Haha
Reactions: lash and FuhQ
If what you’re saying is remotely true and you’re not a scammer trying a new angle or a glowie, why would you not call the PD on the spot and have them come out? You do realize that it’s illegal to take things that aren’t yours, right?
Possession is 9/10th of the Law; sometimes.:cool:

Why the fuck ain’t you out mag dumping in the desert and then tossing that pos into a ravine, after you break it down into small parts of course

Does it have glass on it?
You could part it out like messican body shop in East LA make a few bucks and simply turn the receiver in to the popo.
C'mon man, get the vise grips out and list the good stuff.....

Reactions: Capt45
I found this in the bathroom at my local Walmart, I’d rather have your Walmart that has the free parking lot machine guns with fully semi automatic clipizines
IMG_4994.jpeg