• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Found this in the woods: What the hell is it?

Re: Found this in the woods: What the hell is it?

It's an IUD for shankster's girl.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's an IUD for shankster's girl. </div></div>

Damn Capt! That's good!

Well, let's see.... First off, those aren't my feet or capri pants. They're my friend's legs, he's wearing shorts, and the downward angle makes them look like capris. So there. But if <span style="font-style: italic">I </span> wore capris, they'd be tactical as hell!
It was out in the woods, no houses for a few miles, along with a pile of crap including camper parts, some chain link fence, a few tires, and just general crap.
I think it is some sort of gas/fluid seperator, like a condenser sort of thing.
I like the egay idea though, but shipping will be hell. I wonder if I could use it to make a plumber life-sized?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's an IUD for shankster's girl. </div></div>
No, it's not all corroded. Don't you mean IED?

1911fan

It's a docking station for a solid state argon laser running at 5 megawatts. The Terminator found the laser in episode six and managed to construct a field-expedient docking station to recharge the flux capacitors.

Greg

The smaller counterbores opposite the QDs look like solenoid valve seats to me, and with such small passages, it was probably designed for gas, not liquid?

I'm guessing that it's a FAILED EXPERIMENT....

Bill

Intergalactic Discombobulator? Ask Marvin the Martian for guidance.

Seriously though, somebody has put some time and effort into that amassment of stainless steel. Interesting.

It's shankster's girlfriend's bidet fittings!! Now you can get a mental image!

Deffinatly a Levitrite there.
laugh.gif

Best Joe Dirt Voice:

I dunno....Lets Shoot Firecrackers At It!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SaltyDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best Joe Dirt Voice:

I dunno....Lets Shoot Firecrackers At It! </div></div>

Now that's funny!!! Cheers.

May be it's a methane scrubber that Al Gore talks into so as not to pollute the air when he speaks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May be it's a methane scrubber that Al Gore talks into so as not to pollute the air when he speaks. </div></div>

Can't be, it's not big enough. A friend of mine is a chemistry prof and looked at it, he said he has no idea. I'm gonna ebay it and see if somebody recgnizes it.

1911fan

Anyone into homebrewing?

Looks like a collective for 3 cornie kegs, either to equalise CO2 pressure, or coolant temp. Probably chucked because it didn't work: welds don't look like they'd be gas-tight.

If not that: no bloody idea... as has been said, weigh it in or shoot at it.

Regards,
Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is a 'woods'?
confused.gif
</div></div>

Woods, trees, forest, sticks, tules... in this case, left along a dirt road in a forested and mountainous area. I guess what you call it varies by where you live, what's it called in your neck of the woods?

1911fan

Seen quite a few stills...In the past....That looks like no part I have ever saw, or like anyting that could replace a part for a still, Barrells a worm and something to use for a thumpimg keg is about the makeup of a backwoods still in the 1970's vintage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is a 'woods'?
confused.gif
</div></div>

Woods, trees, forest, sticks, tules... in this case, left along a dirt road in a forested and mountainous area. I guess what you call it varies by where you live, what's it called in your neck of the woods?

1911fan </div></div>
CadillacRanch_DA_0504__800.jpg

Wow, I can honestly say that I have only seen one of those before in my life and it was in a museum in the Cotswolds, UK.

That my friend is an antique henweigh.

I am certain of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, I can honestly say that I have only seen one of those before in my life and it was in a museum in the Cotswolds, UK.

That my friend is an antique henweigh.

I am certain of it. </div></div>

LOL!
3-4 pounds is my guess

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, let's see.... First off, those aren't my feet or capri pants. They're my friend's legs, he's wearing shorts, and the downward angle makes them look like capris. So there. But if <span style="font-style: italic">I </span> wore capris, they'd be tactical as hell!
It was out in the woods, no houses for a few miles, along with a pile of crap including camper parts, some chain link fence, a few tires, and just general crap.
I like the egay idea though, but shipping will be hell. I wonder if I could use it to make a plumber life-sized?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's an IUD for shankster's girl. </div></div>

1911fan </div></div>

Nope IUD (look it up).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, let's see.... First off, those aren't my feet or capri pants. They're my friend's legs, he's wearing shorts, and the downward angle makes them look like capris. So there. But if <span style="font-style: italic">I </span> wore capris, they'd be tactical as hell!

1911fan </div></div>

Nope IUD (look it up). </div></div>

Yeah, I know the difference. But it would take something as big as the whatchamacallit I found to take out one of Shankster's women!

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, let's see.... First off, those aren't my feet or capri pants. They're my friend's legs, he's wearing shorts, and the downward angle makes them look like capris. So there. But if <span style="font-style: italic">I </span> wore capris, they'd be tactical as hell!

1911fan </div></div>

Nope IUD (look it up). </div></div>

Yeah, I know the difference. But it would take something as big as the whatchamacallit I found to take out one of Shankster's women!

1911fan

</div></div>

Perhaps an IED IUD than?

Left handed thingmebob.
Usually assembled by elfs or web site owners from the inside out.

Made of tool grade unobtanium.
I second the notion of weighing it in for scrap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benich</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The discoloration (yellow tint) on the 2" outlet / inlet almost looks like from heat source. </div></div>

heat marks from the welding done on the arms holding the 3 outlet / inlet things

Welding project. Ya know when you weld random pieces of metal together for the fun of it.

Looking again, I've got to agree with 396chevy.

Some pro. fabrication and a lot of moderate mig welding... one hell of a talking point though.

Regards,

Steve

It reminds me of a trip I took to Los Alamos when I was working in New Mexico. Near the nuclear lab there is a surplus store of sorts called "The Black Hole" that sells obsolete scientific equipment from the facility. There were tons or metal fittings, valves and lab devices. One could tell that they were high quality and cutting edge for their time, still they were piled high like junk. You might have yourself a nice chunk of change if you took that to the scrap yard.

That's Easy!

Marvin the Martian's Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator! Or at least part of it!

Stainless aint cheap these days! Find a use for it or scrap it and buy some more ammo and beer! I'd scrap it personally.