• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB ***FOUND***WTB: .50 BMG rifle (AKA stupid decisions)

Wanting To Buy

Blinks711

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2011
Columbus, OH
I know it is a silly purchase and there are better options out there(which I am already covered on) but I have always wanted a .50bmg rifle. Have the range and ammo supply. Let me know what you have as I am open to options.

Reactions: KZP
shf-r50-2.jpg

Not mine, but I have one just like this. PM me if you're interested. It's manufactured by SHTF out of Florida.

I will send pictures to your email address with a full description if you're interested.

Reactions: Mjnelson
Just some advice. Buy a “real” 50. Something built to withstand a failed round. I have an Armalite AR50A1. It’s not for sale but it’s an awesome gun. Built very well.

Had a Serbu (BFG 50) as well and it was a POS. And I would have said that before the Serbu blew up and almost killed scott

I know this is a WTB thread. But since your maybe looking for a “budget” 50 BMG (you didn’t specify price) I’m just offering you some advice before purchasing to look into decent models. Then purchase.

Keeps you from ending up with a Vulcan or something similar and eating a bolt or action pieces

Good luck with search. I recommend the Armalite AR50A1 on the budget end

Just some advice. Buy a “real” 50. Something built to withstand a failed round. I have an Armalite AR50A1. It’s not for sale but it’s an awesome gun. Built very well.

Had a Serbu (BFG 50) as well and it was a POS. And I would have said that before the Serbu blew up and almost killed scott

I know this is a WTB thread. But since your maybe looking for a “budget” 50 BMG (you didn’t specify price) I’m just offering you some advice before purchasing to look into decent models. Then purchase.

Keeps you from ending up with a Vulcan or something similar and eating a bolt or action pieces

Good luck with search. I recommend the Armalite AR50A1 on the budget end
I tend to shy away from the budget side of things especially when I am touching off a round this size near my gourd. I might be making a stupid financial decision but I don't like to make stupid health decisions!😵 The Serbu stuff has always made me a bit leery over the years. I applaud Mark's innovation but I just don't like playing the odds on his guns. Personal gut feeling and not from direct experience.

Honestly, I am kind of torn between a few things:
1. Factory off the shelf single shot/repeater (m99, m95, HTI, Steyr)
2. Custom build (RWS, Phoenix Custom)
3. Barrett semi

I know the pros and cons to all three accuracy and weight wise so it is just down to pulling the trigger on one. Figured this was a good place to start as I have always been steered the right way from members. Of course I'm looking for a deal but not at the risk of life and limb!

Reactions: hafejd30
I have a unfired HTI I’m contemplating listing when I get back into town in a week.

Reactions: stefan73