• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Foundation Stocks

I am really happy with my Exodus. I wish the grip was identical to the manners T4’s but I’m getting used to the foundation.
D61F4A94-536E-4239-8ABB-732AA371D766.jpeg
BA06FDA2-D166-4180-AC40-0E090A075FA8.jpeg

I noticed after shooting a local match the other day it already has some battle scars which I don’t mind but they definitely get marked up pretty easy. Should look real nice by the end of the year.

Reactions: Wormydog1724
I am really happy with my Exodus. I wish the grip was identical to the manners T4’s but I’m getting used to the foundation.
View attachment 7114613View attachment 7114614
I noticed after shooting a local match the other day it already has some battle scars which I don’t mind but they definitely get marked up pretty easy. Should look real nice by the end of the year.

what finish exactly is that? dark distressed?

gorgeous. i want to build another rifle on another foundation

Mine is also showing light scratches, specifically around the QD sockets from my sling and the way I carry a mini-fortune cookie between stages (I never take it off my stock so I make sure I have it every stage lol).

I guess if it gets really bad I'll see if JK can reseal it.

I have just the regular "dark" finish - it's holding up great. 3-4 matches shot with it now and looks new. maybe the dark-distressed is a bit more unforgiving in showing imperfections?

gives it character lol

I have just the regular "dark" finish - it's holding up great. 3-4 matches shot with it now and looks new. maybe the dark-distressed is a bit more unforgiving in showing imperfections?

gives it character lol

Oh yeah for sure. I don't own any safe queens and I will never have a gun that doesn't have scratches. lol

Proud owner of a dark genesis for my defiance. This is going to be a long two days waiting on it to get here lol. Will post pics upon arrival

thank you for the post nice ideas running in my mine now just needs a little stimpling and if its not laminate wood but real hard wood I could like it a lot . no on stimpiling and the stock material is composite, known commonly as Micarta nice looking other wise .

Last edited:
@bjay it is not. But if it doesn’t shoot Jon said he could bed it on Memorial Day when I’m up there. I don’t see any issues though

@Midwestside
The left port is for when I’m at the range and hunting. I like to single feed at the range and be able to catch my brass in the field

I've seen one on Instagram but for the life of me can't find it again.

Would love to see some pics of anyone is though
I saw one from SAC with a Genesis and a Badger EFR but that’s the only example I’ve seen. The picture was really dark.

Just another shout out to John-Kyle. Have been running his stock for a year or so and it’s great. He runs a great company and has great business ethics.

His wife also makes great cookies.

I’ll buy another for the next build without a doubt.

Just another shout out to John-Kyle. Have been running his stock for a year or so and it’s great. He runs a great company and has great business ethics.

His wife also makes great cookies.

I’ll buy another for the next build without a doubt.

John-Kyle is the freakin man.

The amount of straight up good people you interact with this in this industry is amazing. I’m trying to save pennies to get another stock to build another gun that I don’t even really need just because I love mine so much and just want to support a good company

^ True stories.
And save your pennies for the 3rd configuration coming out soon geared toward hunting crowd.
Maybe it will be called the Nimrod ?

Mine is also showing light scratches, specifically around the QD sockets from my sling and the way I carry a mini-fortune cookie between stages (I never take it off my stock so I make sure I have it every stage lol).

I guess if it gets really bad I'll see if JK can reseal it.
I have a dark distressed finish Exodus (which I absolutely love BTW) and am experiencing the same thing... Tried a little steel wool to get he scratches out and ended up making light spots! Oops! Does anyone know if there is a DIY remedy or would it have to be totally refinshed?

Stephen

Got another in one in the mail for the defiance. It’s an exodus so I’m interested in seeing the difference between that and my genesis. Pics from last week
FABCFF5B-30F7-4093-8474-FAC08459AD26.jpeg
6B2EBAE8-DC74-43C2-9CAA-9EEF03D3531A.jpeg
C903B2AB-3178-42F0-A1D3-37054CC4A55F.jpeg

Attachments

• 728085F5-FBC4-4C64-9A22-EEC11108427E.jpeg
    728085F5-FBC4-4C64-9A22-EEC11108427E.jpeg
    831.1 KB · Views: 103
Depending on what material or "grain" is showing dictates how the finish turns out.. they are all kind of snowflakes in that regard. Mine is by far the darkest dark distressed I've seen, but I get alot of compliments on it.. it's almost black on red.
Not sure what my next one will look like, but I know it'll be different.

Exodus #2 with a Fuzion inlet. #1 went to Travis at TS Customs.

View attachment 7049193
Really nice !! What did you have it chambered in ? From what I understand these are pretty heavy stocks ... about how heavy is yours once completed ? Also is that a cerekote finish on the action and barrel or black nitride ?

Really nice !! What did you have it chambered in ? From what I understand these are pretty heavy stocks ... about how heavy is yours once completed ? Also is that a cerekote finish on the action and barrel or black nitride ?

20190904_173144.jpg

Front is a 6 Dasher @ around 18.5 lbs (Exodous light, 26" HV contour with some breach cut off) rear is 6 BRA @ 20.5 lbs (Exodus heavy with 28" HV Contour).

Both actions are nitrided and barrels are cerekote.

I've noticed that a lot of the guys in this group have built rifles around the 6 or 6.5 variation. Other than BCE and range, is there a reason one would choose to chamber a rifle in this versus maybe a .300 WM. A .300 WM starts at roughly around 2800 fps and has about twice as much knock down power at further distances. Ammo is cheaper, around a dollar a round. Quite a bit cheaper than say the .300 Norma. Which is what I was considering building. Then found that ammo is ranging around 5 dollars a round.

I've noticed that a lot of the guys in this group have built rifles around the 6 or 6.5 variation. Other than BCE and range, is there a reason one would choose to chamber a rifle in this versus maybe a .300 WM. A .300 WM starts at roughly around 2800 fps and has about twice as much knock down power at further distances. Ammo is cheaper, around a dollar a round. Quite a bit cheaper than say the .300 Norma. Which is what I was considering building. Then found that ammo is ranging around 5 dollars a round.

a lot of these guys are shooting in competition. not hunting. have to remember there is a mix of hunters/competitors on this forum - a lot of them doing both.

also regarding your other question about weight. foundation has heavy (standard) fill and light fill.

and now they have their revelation stock out that's even lighter and definitely geared toward hunters

I think the reason you don't see any magnums is they don't offer a long action inlet.

Has anyone in here built on a .300 Norma Mag platform with the foundation stock ?

Beautiful..whats the weight for that set up?

The stock's mine, but the barreled action I borrowed from my buddy Scott for some pics, and I didn't think to weigh it. Next time I'm over there I'll weigh the barreled action, and I can tell you then.

Last edited:
Reactions: bjay
View attachment 7159517

Front is a 6 Dasher @ around 18.5 lbs (Exodous light, 26" HV contour with some breach cut off) rear is 6 BRA @ 20.5 lbs (Exodus heavy with 28" HV Contour).

Both actions are nitrided and barrels are cerekote.

can I steal this pic? The dasher is absolutely beautiful!!
had plans to run manners on my 6.5prc but that’s out now. Definitely going foundation in the dark distressed