• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Foundation Weight Kit - HEAVY Tungsten

Sheldon N

Blind Squirrel Finds a Nut
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2014
Pacific Northwest
So I got ambitious and custom ordered a tungsten weight kit for my Foundation Genesis MG2 stock. I was considering the lead or brass weight kit options out there but when I looked into the density and weight of tungsten (almost double the weight of lead/brass) I decided to go for it and custom ordered a set to my specs. They were offering a decent price break if I ordered more than one, and since I suspected there were others out there who might be interested I ordered a few so I could get the price break. I have a total of five sets of these to sell, once they're gone I'm not ordering any more. I'm selling this at basically my cost after shipping and cheaper than you would pay if you ordered a single set from the same supplier.

The kit weighs 4.1lbs which is more than double the other weight kit options. This is 97% pure tungsten, ASTM certified MT-185, 18.5g per CC, heavier and more expensive than other partial tungsten alloys. A kit includes 22 cylinders, 0.665" in diameter, 0.80" long. I measured the specs to fit my Genesis MG2 stock. If you're curious how much the gun will weigh with the full kit in it, mine comes in at 22.75lb with no mag and no bipod (TL3, 27.5" HV barrel, 4 port brake, S+B 5-25, ARC rings, Hawkins bottom metal, Foundation arca rail).

Other than the obvious benefit of the added weight for recoil mitigation, one nice thing about the heavier kit is that you can alter the fore/aft balance of the stock pushing the balance point forward ahead of the magwell which helps minimize muzzle flip on positional shooting. Even if you only use half the weights you can noticeably alter the balance point of the gun compared to no kit or even one of the lighter material kits.

Fit may vary from stock to stock so please check your measurements. One thing to look at is how sharp of a 90 degree angle the bottom of the inlets are. If they are rounded you might need to clean up the corners with something like an endmill drill bit in a hand drill so that the cylinders sit all the way flush to the bottom. For securing the cylinders you can use something like double sided tape or silicone (I went with silicone).

Price is $300 plus shipping (USPS flat rate box should be $9). A bit more expensive yes, but raw tungsten itself costs a lot and is difficult to machine. I thought it was a very reasonable price for custom fabricated order. Remember I'm basically selling this for what I've already paid for it, plus the work of measuring specs and the multi-month lead time it took for them to get it to me.

PM with any questions.

_MG_9480.jpg

_MG_9479.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone that bought these wants to sell a complete or partial kit let me know.

20 PC 0.665" x 0.75" 99.95% MT-17C (90WNiCu) Rod $37.51 $750.20

Dang.... my quote in April 2020 for a single order of 22 pieces of the exact same material was $292.60. I ended up going with the bulk order of the more expensive and slightly heavier MT185 material.

Reactions: CBeck
Tungsten is not toxic…so good heavy stuff.

I used to use lead weights that Jon Wells makes and he also makes one that can be attached to the arca rail.

I went with a 1.25” diameter barrel 24-26 inches and didnt need weights anymore.

So apparently Midwest Tungsten has had enough people wanting to buy these as custom orders that they've decided to stock them on the shelf for direct purchase. You can now order them at:

It looks like they are using the heavier 18.5g/cc alloy and the price is currently listed at $376 for a set of 22 cylinders. Not cheap, but better than the custom order quotes they were giving earlier.

Last edited:
How difficult are they to take them out without the threaded holes like the brass ones?

How difficult are they to take them out without the threaded holes like the brass ones?
Pretty damn hard if you use something to hold them in place like glue or double tape.

Had weights in my stock they started coming out touching the barrel, a 1.25” straight profile, causing horrible accuracy issues.

So when you use these weights you want to ensure they don’t creep out touching your barrel. I used double tape and had to use the screw to pull them out. Needle nose may help, but I had a bitch of a time due to double tape with the screw.

Reactions: Badjujuu
Damn, they're tempting and the Midwest shop is 25 min from my house, i have the brass ones but it's still rear heavy so was looking for options. I can't imagine how much extra would be to drill and tap these....

It's for my 22" MTU V22, so Maybe I'll pass, or try to see if they can split the order, probably won't need all 4lbs

Damn, they're tempting and the Midwest shop is 25 min from my house, i have the brass ones but it's still rear heavy so was looking for options. I can't imagine how much extra would be to drill and tap these....

It's for my 22" MTU V22, so Maybe I'll pass, or try to see if they can split the order, probably won't need all 4lbs
How much more weight do you need? A guy by the name of Jon Wells makes a weight that goes on the arca rail at the front of the stock, it adds 1lb.

Pm me if you want to speak to him. He also makes lead weights similar to these for the honey comb holes. Heavier than brass.

I am probably the one who made them start stocking them, I ordered like 4 sets in a few weeks and Tracy, the customer service lady who is extremely helpful and nice, asked me what they were for and I told her. She asked me if I thought other people would buy them and I told her I felt like they would so she said they were gonna start stocking them on the shelf. I also asked abt threading them and she said it would increase the cost by like $150. I really like how they balance a stock but I have been unsuccessful getting them out after putting a dab of silicone on them to keep them in.

I am probably the one who made them start stocking them, I ordered like 4 sets in a few weeks and Tracy, the customer service lady who is extremely helpful and nice, asked me what they were for and I told her. She asked me if I thought other people would buy them and I told her I felt like they would so she said they were gonna start stocking them on the shelf. I also asked abt threading them and she said it would increase the cost by like $150. I really like how they balance a stock but I have been unsuccessful getting them out after putting a dab of silicone on them to keep them in.
Use double tape bro. :)

I don't need that much extra weight up front to balance the rifle to justify spending 400, probably another 150 to drill and tap so i don't have to deal with trying to remove them.

Also not a big fan of attaching anything extra. I removed the ARCA rail from my centurion and I am running the brass weights along with anarchy rail from impact precision. It balances on a shemdium gamechanger but only with the atlas cal bipod upfront.

Tracey is super nice!

They still aren’t enough to balance a 22” MTU Vudoo lol. I’m going to rebarrel and be done with it.
I was eyeing those straight profile barrels.....

I was eyeing those straight profile barrels.....
That’s what I have sitting. Just have to stop shooting long enough to have it spun on. Should be able to end up with a balanced rifle that’s lighter overall.

That’s what I have sitting. Just have to stop shooting long enough to have it spun on. Should be able to end up with a balanced rifle that’s lighter overall.
I just got my vudoo rebarreled, should be here friday. My smith slugged and cut the krieger m24 at 25 inches. I was worried about being too nose heavy but it might be alright in my centurion from what youre saying.

I used tiny squares of 3M mounting tape. It's huge pain in the ass to remove the tungsten weights with this type of mounting but not impossible.