• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision Four Hogs Down and out.

TEXASLAWMAN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
Found a sow and two shoats out in a field with waist high grass I almost missed them but decided to scan with the thermal and just picked out the sows head. I stalked to about 50 yards and they had disappeared in the sea of grass. I was almost about to leave when they reappeared. Again I forgot the shooting sticks at the house but was able to make quick work of them. First was the lead sow she went down DRT, then the first shoat took a 120sst on the run, the final shoat would have escaped but was lost without the sow and stopped allowing me to take out the whole group!

After that I met up with my cousin and we went out using his jeep with a FLIR pathfinder installed we just drove around scanning the fields on his dash mounted monitor it was pretty neat but blinded my pvs-14. We found one loan boar and we took him out with a double tap one 120gr sst from my 6.8 and a 150gr sst from his .308. It was a great weekend! Here is the video below!

Group of three hogs, and a lone boar taken with thermal. - YouTube

Very nice, thanks for posting and linking the vid!

Sorry if I missed it, but what thermal unit are you using there? I'm getting the itch for one and it's only a matter of time before I scratch it:)

Very nice, thanks for posting and linking the vid!

Sorry if I missed it, but what thermal unit are you using there? I'm getting the itch for one and it's only a matter of time before I scratch it:)

This is the W1000-9 thermal scope.