• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Foxpro or Wildlife Technologies

Like I said at the end of my post. I understand where you are coming from . I do lease land in several states for hunting. I've seen both sides of the equation. People in the south simply want to lock up as much land as possible for turkeys yet they rarely hunt it. Ends up being overrun with birds doing nobody any good. Shit tons of coyotes here, however, there is way too much cover to effectively hunt them. I realize what goes into your land and working cattle. I have hunted public and private in the west for deer elk and antelope since 2001. I love the west. I just get tired of reading about people not wanting new people coming into the sport. I get your opinion tho.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Until one day, I get hunters whom we let "publicly" hunt, complain I was driving on it, can you believe it? I was driving checking tanks, fences, gates, cattle, WILDLIFE, etc. when the cherries start poppin, and a local warden holds me a landowner, for 30 min on our own land, while I'm on the verge of dishin out a choke slam, needless to say after having a state official tell me I can NOT drive on our own land (not even to access our other private ground) while during hunting season, that shit ended real soon, and I probably will NOT put up any more walk in.....

Same thing happened with my buddy we were out checking waters or something on some walk in and a young warden came and started busting balls. While we were sitting there an older warden pulled up was told the situation and took the young warden around the truck and we over heard him as he asked the young guy are you fucking dumb they have 1000's of acres in walk in and your pulling this bullshit. Well he came back apologized and went on his way. Some times common sense is lost on people.

Same thing happened with my buddy we were out checking waters or something on some walk in and a young warden came and started busting balls. While we were sitting there an older warden pulled up was told the situation and took the young warden around the truck and we over heard him as he asked the young guy are you fucking dumb they have 1000's of acres in walk in and your pulling this bullshit. Well he came back apologized and went on his way. Some times common sense is lost on people.

Same deal... It was a younger fella, I told him to call the "head" Warden whom I get along with very VERY well, and things took a turn real quick in my favor, it doesn't hurt my feelings there was no apology, but when someone "thinks" they have that type of authority... I just don't have the time or need for that kind of stuff.

skinney_7, Great response- I help some friends with a ranch owned and operated by their family since the late 1800's. They tried the stated funded "walk on" program. A total nightmare- the public "hunters" could not stay within the 3,000 acres allotted to them. Some considered it a public atv site and the family quickly became at odds with Parks and Wildlife. One of the walk ons decided since he didn't see any white tail like the ones seen on hunting shows- that he would go ahead and shoot a 700lb heifer. My friends decided to go back to private leasing and low and behold their headaches disappeared.

skinney, thanks for the response. We really are on the same side of the 'fence', as I'm familiar with the value of hunter/landowner relations and the need to show the proper respect. Knowing that has allowed me to acquire thousands of acres of private land to hunt on here in NY, and my buds across the country have me out on their secured ground to hunt, under the same pretenses. Those permissions are earned through mutual respect...
Just thought it weird to hear you voicing an otherwise unpopular opinion, given your situation. You have my respect for speaking the truth, as you see it! Rock on, dude...

skinney, thanks for the response. We really are on the same side of the 'fence', as I'm familiar with the value of hunter/landowner relations and the need to show the proper respect. Knowing that has allowed me to acquire thousands of acres of private land to hunt on here in NY, and my buds across the country have me out on their secured ground to hunt, under the same pretenses. Those permissions are earned through mutual respect...
Just thought it weird to hear you voicing an otherwise unpopular opinion, given your situation. You have my respect for speaking the truth, as you see it! Rock on, dude...

In all honesty it is hard for me to understand non-landowners situations, since I've been here doing this my entire life, and it's all I know, I may work hard at what I do, BUT so do you, and you guys get every bit of my respect for trying, traveling, working, and building relationships with those who let you hunt, it don't come easy!!!
LIKEWISE brother, rock it!

In all honesty it is hard for me to understand non-landowners situations, since I've been here doing this my entire life, and it's all I know, I may work hard at what I do, BUT so do you, and you guys get every bit of my respect for trying, traveling, working, and building relationships with those who let you hunt, it don't come easy!!!

Skinny you need to let me come with my dog and hunt your ground. I'll be respectful and you can be the shooter. Just let me know when. Ha Ha I want to see this short barreled 22-250 in action.

Just looked at your FB page. It is obvious to me that yall kill the shit out of dogs! Im just an archery deer/elk hunter myself. Not a lot of experience with predators. Damn fine job of stackin up the dogs! I have a friend in Valentine,NE. Im familiar with that area of Southern SD and N NE. Nice job!

Yup... I would think deer hunters would realize more of this... You educate even 10 coyotes in your prime deer hunting location, what does that do to your fawn crop? Now top that off with the Hemorrhagic outbreak and you might as well not even apply for next years tag...

A recent TN Wildlife Resources Agency study revealed that coyotes killed 70% of newborn fawns within the first two days.