• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Frankford Intellidropper - Quick review

Well, I guess it wasn’t just me. Sorry you had the same crappy luck as me!!

I’ll try one more call to support, but I’m betting it won’t be fruitful. The good news is that I got a hook up on a $200 Chargemaster.

BLUF: I believe this is a worthy addition to anyone’s loading bench.

I picked up a Frankford Intellidrop over the weekend. I have been using a Hornady GS-1500 and Lee Precision beam scale for the past 18 months and loaded a ton of .308 and 6.5 Grendel rounds. I decided to step up my scale as the GS-1500 started giving up the ghost last week and drifting consistently.

Went with the new shiny, the Frankford Intellidrop. The instructions provided information on how to setup and calibrate the system. However, there is zero mention of how to dump the hopper when the session is complete. I’ve never owned a powder drop system so I don’t know if this is a common but it aggravates me when instruction manuals are incomplete.

I set out to do my competition load, 44.0 gr of Varget. I had 144 cases that needed charging. Using the beam and another GS-1500 (seller warrantied it for me), I measured 144 charges for the .308. Out of the charges dispensed, there were 4 overcharges. I randomly checked 15 charges. All where spot on at 44.0 grs.

The good: Threw charges quickly. Consistent.
The bad: Poor instructions (no instructions for how to remove powder from the hopper).
The ugly: Be sure to run a “last charge” after dumping the hopper. I ran 14.7 gr of Varget out of the hopper after I dumped it and not powder was visible.

I cannot compare it to the Hornady or RCBS but so far so good.
Me too. I dumped about 5gr of Blue Dot into my hand after I thought it was empty. TRIPLE-CHECK the hopper dump tube as well as the auger tube.... As the auger rotates to clear itself, it can dump residual powder back into the bottom of the hopper as well as into the pan. I think I am going to like this thing, but that kind of spooked me.

Last edited: