• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

**FREE** AR500 TARGETS **FREE**

Re: **FREE** AR500 TARGETS **FREE**

They show up as $79.95 each for me.

I just received an email. This is their explanation. Darn it !!!

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. The rat target at zero dollars are not available any longer, they were part of a Christmas special we ran that was good until Jan 1 2011. The rat target was free if you purchased $150 worth of product during this Christmas special.. The website data has now been corrected.

Mike Eggiman

Salute Products Inc.

www.SaluteProducts.com

Hold on fellas, this shit aint over with!

I just got an email from them:

Franco

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. The rat target at zero dollars are not available any longer, they were part of a Christmas special we ran that was good until Jan 1 2011. The rat target was free if you purchased $150 worth of product during this Christmas special.. The website data has now been corrected.

Mike Eggiman

Salute Products Inc.

www.SaluteProducts.com

Here is my order confirmation from them-

Salute Products Inc.
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: XXXXX
Detailed Invoice: https://www.saluteproducts.com/account_history_info.php?order_id=XXXXXX
Date Ordered: Thursday 20 January, 2011

Products
3 x RAT (S) () = $0.00
Sub-Total: $0.00
United Parcel Service (1 x 19.9lbs) (Ground): $32.01
Total: $32.01

I will be emailing them explaining that what they have done is False Advertisement, and is Illegal!
If they dont want to give me the Rats for free as their website stated, then I will accept a significant discount on a purchase..
Plus, I didnt see where it stated that the RAT was a xmas special. Did you?

LAW DOG- Keep your confirmation and cancelled email..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lawdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just received an email. This is their explanation. Darn it !!!

Mike Eggiman

Salute Products Inc.

www.SaluteProducts.com

</div></div>

I don't think you can get anything for what is obviously a pricing mistake.

The most you could hope for is promissory estoppel, but what are you out for having relied on that information? Nothing... and that is what you are owed.

A pricing mistake is one thing. But to send myself and others a email stating that it was a xmas special they were running is what Im calling foul.
There was nothing at all on the page the item was displayed on to give anyone an indication this particular item was a special.

If its their mistake, and it is, and the customer went through the check out, and got a confirmation, they should have atleast offered something for their "goof" up. Whether its a discount on the target, or a percent off for anything else.
What happens when you walk into Lowes, Walmart, etc and the wrong price is on there? You get it for that price.

Online pricing mistakes, erroneous conditions of sales/deals, etc. happen all the time and from the strictest of legal standpoints...the retailer/seller isn't obligated to sell the item to you at the erroneous price/deal. Regardless of how the retailer/seller "spins" the error, and even though it is 100% their own fault...it is an error and one for which they are not obligated to complete a transaction with you over. Its NOT fair and it results in a lot of bad feelings and usually a slew of "bad reviews" for the seller. That is why you so often see retailers/sellers offer some sort of "make-it-right" to customers who get bit by mistakes like that. But...make no mistake...they aren't obligated to do ANYTHING except inform you of the error and cancel your order (and refund your money if you have pre-paid). Where the proverbial sh!t hits the fan is when they unilaterally cancel your order at the erroneous price/deal, and then immediately charge you full price (or the correct price) for the item(s) you ordered. THAT is fraud.

Now with all that said, I hope that you find some way to reach an agreement with the seller and get some satisfaction out of all this. They really should try to mend this situation before it gets out of hand and ends up hurting their business more than it would have had they just followed through with the sale and then fixed the pricing error on their website.

I thought there was a catch to this sale. I'm not pissed, but given their apparent unwillingness to resolve the matter amicably, especially given that it was their mistake, they have lost a potential customer. There are other Hide members that offer similar products that will get my business instead. No heartburn here.

Boone, I resent the blonde with a big rack comment. Brunettes get no love here
cry.gif
JK!

In a way it's a good thing...I was going to blackmail you for ripping off the company with that "free" story, so you really only would have ended up with two (LOL).

I just ordered a target/stand myself yesterday from Big Dog Steel. It's that time of year I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lawdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boone, I resent the blonde with a big rack comment. Brunettes get no love here
cry.gif
JK! </div></div>

I don't discriminate....unless they're ugly.

Seriously, you can't expect free stuff from a mistake. If you do, you better not ever make any mistakes yourself, because "reaping what you sow" can get ugly!
smile.gif

I had a similar pricing issue with Opticsplanet and their solution was a discount off the "correct" price. It was like 15% off whereas the mistake was equivalent to 60% off. It was take it or leave it but at least they gave me a break.
That is a good way to at least soften the blow from the dissapointment of "not getting something for nothing".

tater

Take your small stick some where else then.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BiggerStick47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are fucking pathetic. </div></div>

Businesses also have the right to decline orders from any customer for any reason at any time...you can choose to shop somewhere, they can choose who shops there, as long as it isn't blatantly discriminatory. (IE, sex, race, color, religion, etc.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously, you can't expect free stuff from a mistake. If you do, you better not ever make any mistakes yourself, because "reaping what you sow" can get ugly!
smile.gif
</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BiggerStick47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are fucking pathetic.</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: john.steensen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Businesses also have the right to decline orders from any customer for any reason at any time...you can choose to shop somewhere, they can choose who shops there, as long as it isn't blatantly discriminatory. (IE, sex, race, color, religion, etc.)</div></div>

What they said ^^^

Being pissed because a business refuses to lose their ass based on a website pricing mistake is stupid and immature. I suppose if the disgruntled web guy posted up that they would deliver a free Corvette with every $25 order and they refused to do it then you'd be pissed too?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackalope33B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take your small stick some where else then.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BiggerStick47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are fucking pathetic. </div></div> </div></div>

Again, fucking pathetic. You in particular. You cry like a fucking kid because you think you deserve something for nothing. On food stamps too?

Nice comeback by the way, really shows your age.