• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Free float fore arms for Armalite AR-10

demonsmokr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
The Lone Star State
I was curious who all makes a free float fore arm for the AR-10 platforms, preferably Armalite. And besides SWS and DD, are there any others that are of good quality? Alos anybody have the PRI Carbon fiber 15" forearm mounted of their 308 AR? Thanks alot

Re: Free float fore arms for Armalite AR-10

The following companies offer FF tubes/railed HGs for the AR-10 in various sizes ranging from carbine to extended rifle lengths:

1) Armalite;
2) SWS;
3) Daniel Defense;
4) Larue Tactical;
5) JP Enterprises;
6) PRI;
7) Badger Ordnance;
8) Midwest Industries.

I am sure that I am missing one or more, but that's a good start for you to look into. The only one of those that I call into question in terms of quality would be the MI offerings and only because I have not had a chance to personally inspect, install or otherwise use one of the MI handguards yet to offer an informed opinion on them. All the others are of excellent quality.

As for PRI, I have not used their rifle length AR-10 handguards, but I have one of the Armalite AR-10 Carbine units installed and I like it a lot. It is light, very solid and fits my needs well. I have used PRI's AR-15 rifle-length HGs and have always found them to be excellent, so along with my experience with the AR-10 carbine HGs, I am comfortable recommending the AR-10 rifle-length units without a doubt.

Armalite makes a few products,.. Take a look on there web site or 762sass.com
I can't speak for other manufactures but they all look like quality pieces.

I use the plane Jane round FF tube with a small rail fir the bi pod.

I like the Armalites, I was just wanting something to cover the gas block. I also thought Larue only made them for the DPMS style. The PRI catches my eye because I can make my AR10 look like an Mk12. I want the continuous top rail for space and sight radius for BUIS, dont have much need for side rails. Anyone have the 15" SWS E1 series rail? I cant find any pictures except the one on their site.

The Midwest say they are like plastic handguards in the way they install. I dont know if I would trust that.

Find the Armalite AR-10 & AR-180 Forum on ARFCOM and look through the Sticky of 50+ pages of photos of AR-10 rifles and carbines in various configurations. If you can imagine a setup, somebody there has probably done something similar that you can build on or at least get some ideas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Find the Armalite AR-10 & AR-180 Forum on ARFCOM and look through the Sticky of 50+ pages of photos of AR-10 rifles and carbines in various configurations. If you can imagine a setup, somebody there has probably done something similar that you can build on or at least get some ideas. </div></div>

+ 1

I have one of the SRS rails and it is very nice. My next build I am working on is using a plain old round tube that I can mount a rail on the top for pvs-22. I don't like the swis army knife rifles.

And JP Rifles Modular hand guard, just ordered a 15.5". The rails are additional items though.

Carbine
Mid-Length
Rifle
Xtended length
Sight pocket extension for carbine length

And White Oak Armament, varmint and match rifle float tubes.

I use the Badger Stabilizer

AR10_5743.jpg

AR10_5749.jpg

LWUSMC
Man I dig ur set-up and am a fan of your kits.
I 've been debating on swaping out my Armalite SASS Rail for either the PRI or Badger...
HARD CHOICE.
here's my baby
just purcashed a PRI ( produced ) 308 MSTN straight brake to replace the Surefire. Live'n in IL-stinkn-oi'd doubt I'll ever own a suppressor.
my_ar10.jpg

I also had the guys over at ADCO cut down the 20" to 18".
And I usually run BH 168 / 175g. thru her out to 600yds at my Club.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cgmaster1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one of the SRS rails and it is very nice. My next build I am working on is using a plain old round tube that I can mount a rail on the top for pvs-22. I don't like the swis army knife rifles. </div></div>

where are you getting your PVS-22 at? i've looked at one place and it was way above my pay grade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruzie27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where are you getting your PVS-22 at? i've looked at one place and it was way above my pay grade. </div></div>

Check with Victor at TNVS on the PVS-22s...he'll do right by you on the price, but they are by no means "inexpensive":

http://tnvc.com/items/night_vision_weapon_sights/pvs22.html

They are the cat's meow (but a little above my pay grade too for the time being)!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mark L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is also KAC </div></div>

The thread pitch is different on SR25s and Armalite AR10s so the FF forends are not compatible with one another.

Personally, I like the SWS E1. I'm sure the DD is a solid product as well based off my experience with their AR15 products.