• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Freedom Arms newer firing pin?

Geronimo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2010
columbus, ohio
So I found a lnib m83 with a spare cylinder and knew it was an older premier model. Does anyone have a pic of the newer removable firing pin? I know they have had a couple styles and am wondering if I should go ahead and have mine updates.

i wouldnt fuck with it. sounds like something they had to come up with post lawsuit. and just in case you dont know....always carry the gun over an empty cylinder....just like an old model blackhawk. i have the 97, and that has a transfer bar safety, but as a result, not nearly as nice a trigger.

T
i wouldnt fuck with it. sounds like something they had to come up with post lawsuit. and just in case you dont know....always carry the gun over an empty cylinder....just like an old model blackhawk. i have the 97, and that has a transfer bar safety, but as a result, not nearly as nice a trigger.
He original firing pins were not user replaceable from what I have seen, if they break you send it in . The newer version is easily removed and replaced. That way of carry was known. I regretfully sold an old three screw super blackhawk, great guns.

Btw, how do you like it? I am looking at a Diamond D holster or Simply Rugged. Can't decide between a chest holster or a tricked out ox blood red model 121 at simply rugged. Mainly for hunting but I love leather holsters lol.

the only complaint i have on the 97 is the trigger. for what they sell for, it shouldnt need tinkering. i have a 44spl flatop that i did a lot of work on, that i actually prefer due to the personal touches and the shitty trigger on the FA. and the old models are SWEET.....the next best thing short of a FA 83; at quite a bit less cost.

as far as holsters, i have a freedom arms crossdraw. only thing i dont like about that is the color...i like black. also have a over the shoulder bandoleer holster i have had for years, i think it was made by Hunter...not sure on that. and chest holster rig from diamond D in alaska.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geronimo
i like the diamond d...the only thing i can say bad about it is that if worn over a shirt, it pulls the shirt neck forward. could just be the shirts i wear. the holster itself is awesome, and gives you the ability to carry a heavier pistol long term very comfortably. best rig for stand hunting, vehicle travel, walking, and every other situation you’ll find yourself in where other methods just do not work.